I declare this Thread my Micro-Town!!!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Honorable Chair and Senate. Citizenship in Smallville is a responsibility. It must be worked and striven for if we want to keep this town alive. Which is why a feel the necessity for this law. -or something similar- Granted we will have to work to improve this law. But completely abandon it? No. Therefore. I would like to submit the following amendments of Law 8 to the Senate.
Laws of Smallville wrote:Law 8: Citizens of Smallville must post in this thread a minimum of one time during a Sunday to Sunday week period unless specifically stating that they will be absent in the Welcome/Goodbye thread. Failure to do so will result in the citizen being fined $5 for each week period that passes without a post. The fine will go into the Smallville treasury.
Sen. Fisher Proposal for Law 8: Citizens of Smallville must post in this thread a minimum of one time during a two week Sunday-Sunday period unless specifically stating that they will be absent in the Welcome/Goodbye thread. Failure to do so will result in the citizen being fined $5 for each two week period that passes without a post. The fine will go into the Smallville treasury. However; if it is noticed, it shall be brought before the Mayor. He/She then has the authority to either enforce all said fines on everyone who did not post. Or grant leniency to everyone as he sees just. The maximum fine for an individual is not to exceed $100.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also like to propose that all citizens reaffirm their citizenship now and sign the constitution of Smallville. So that they are aware of all current laws. And anyone who does not do so within the next 7 days would lose their citizenship. Which could be regained at any time upon their request and signage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also propose that we abolish Law 4. As it serves no practical purpose. And merely divides the citizens of Smallville.
Laws of Smallville wrote:Law 4: You must refer to your leaders with a prefix, such as "Sir" or "Madam".
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thank you for you input Senator Fisher, all points you have presented will be considered at their proper times.

Your second and third proposals are not immediately pertinent to the matter currently before the Senate and will therefore be dropped from the current discussion and resubmitted at a later time.

As for your proposed amendment to Smallville Law 8, Senator bookworm approves the amendment for deliberation.
(A reminder, this is not necessarily a show of support for the amendment, it is only a motion to bring this amendment before the Senate for discussion and possible further rewording.)

Senator Monty will please either approve deliberation on Senator Fisher’s proposed amendment or submit one of his own.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Granted. I was merely bringing proposals 2 and 3 forward while they were fresh on my mind.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Understood, not a problem.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Senator Monty formally approves Senator Fisher's amendment to Law 8.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then the amendment is now open for deliberation.

Senate Proposal 10 - Amendment to Smallville Law 8, The Smallville Activity Preservation Act
Citizens of Smallville must post in this thread a minimum of one time during a two week Sunday-Sunday period unless specifically stating that they will be absent in the Welcome/Goodbye thread. Failure to do so will result in the citizen being fined $5 for each two week period that passes without a post. The fine will go into the Smallville treasury. However; if it is noticed, it shall be brought before the Mayor. He/She then has the authority to either enforce all said fines on everyone who did not post. Or grant leniency to everyone as he sees just. The maximum fine for an individual is not to exceed $100.

First, Senator Fisher, I would like clarification on the part of your amendment beginning with “However; if it is noticed” and what ‘it’ you are referring to.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Hmm, however was the wrong word. What I meant was if it happens. And someone sees it, the matter of the fine goes before the Mayor.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then you’re saying the fine isn’t automatic, it would be a case by case basis always being decided by the Mayor?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

It could go either way. This is just a first draft that we should edit according.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yes, but in order to edit I have to understand where you’re trying to start.
The way I’m hearing you, this law would no longer actually actively impose a fine, it would only lay out what the fine is if the Mayor chooses to impose it on individuals. Is that accurate?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The point of the Mayoral clause was that in the incident of what happened last time, the Mayor would actually have the authority to suspend fines. But if there are multiple people being fined he would have to either impose or retract the fine by group. But in standard process this would not happen.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thank you, now I see where you’re going.
I agree that it is important to add a pardoning clause, what was confusing me was its placement.
To clear up that confusion, and to address a few other minor wording preferences, I move that the language of the law be changed to the following.

Senate Proposal 10 - Amendment to Smallville Law 8, The Smallville Activity Preservation Act
Citizens of Smallville must post in this thread a minimum of one time during a two week Sunday to Sunday period unless specifically stating that they will be absent in the Welcome/Goodbye thread. Failure to do so will result in the citizen being fined $5 for each two week period that passes without a post. The fine will go into the Smallville treasury. The maximum fine for an individual is not to exceed $100. The Mayor of Smallville may pardon incurred fines if there is reasonable cause to do so.

Senators, please state your opinion on the proposed language change.
(Reminder, this is not necessarily a statement of support for the law, it is only a motion to declare the new language approved and continue deliberation. Further changes can be made before the vote.)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I approve of the changes.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I approve of the proposed language change for the amendment of Smallville Law 8.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then the language of the proposed amendment will be changed as indicated.

Citizens of Smallville must post in this thread a minimum of one time during a two week Sunday to Sunday period unless specifically stating that they will be absent in the Welcome/Goodbye thread. Failure to do so will result in the citizen being fined $5 for each two week period that passes without a post. The fine will go into the Smallville treasury. The maximum fine for an individual is not to exceed $100. The Mayor of Smallville may pardon incurred fines if there is reasonable cause to do so.

Senator bookworm proposes that the following line be appended to the end of SP10.

The current last poster in this tread is exempt from this law so as not to necessitate double posting.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I approve Senator Bookworm's proposal, with the correction of the spelling error in thread.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I approve Senator Bookworm's proposal.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well noted Senator Fisher, thank you.
Then the language of the proposed amendment will be changed as indicated.

Citizens of Smallville must post in this thread a minimum of one time during a two week Sunday to Sunday period unless specifically stating that they will be absent in the Welcome/Goodbye thread. Failure to do so will result in the citizen being fined $5 for each two week period that passes without a post. The fine will go into the Smallville treasury. The maximum fine for an individual is not to exceed $100. The Mayor of Smallville may pardon incurred fines if there is reasonable cause to do so. The current last poster in this thread is exempt from this law so as not to necessitate double posting.

Are there any more revisions to be proposed or questions to be addressed?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I have no revision Honorable Chair.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

If Senator Monty does he will now state them, otherwise Senators will voice approval to put the amendment to the final vote.

Senator bookworm approves SP10 to be put to a vote.