I declare this Thread my Micro-Town!!!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Senator Knight Fisher approves SP10 to be put to a vote.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Senator Monty approves SP10 to be put to a vote.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

SP10 has been approved to be put to a vote, however before calling the vote I call a point of order.
As the next matter of business before the Senate will be a proposal concerning who is subject to the laws of Smallville, I ask unanimous approval of the Senate that this law, should it pass, and any other laws passed before the mentioned proposal is deliberated shall be entered in the books but not yet subject to observance, pending the outcome of the mentioned proposal. Immediately after the fate of the mentioned proposal is decided they will go into effect.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Does the rule that you have to post once a week apply to everyone? Even to people that don't have a designated job? Because I don't have a reason to post in Smallville if I don't have a job.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Once in effect, yes it applies to everyone. You may not have as much to post about, but by virtue of being a citizen you have reason to post. If you want to be a member of this community you should want it to survive.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I would point out this is why I proposed a renewal of membership. And note that per SP10 Revision of July 2012 Pending it would be every two weeks.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That is also why I proposed the delay in enforcement, should it be agreed to.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

If possible, if anybody is going to be gone, or not be able to post, then please PM me, and I will pardon you if you have a legit reason for not being able to post.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

What is the next issue to be discussed?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We’re currently addressing a point of order. I need responses to this motion:

As the next matter of business before the Senate will be a proposal concerning who is subject to the laws of Smallville, I ask unanimous approval of the Senate that amended Law 8, should it pass, and any other laws passed before the mentioned proposal is deliberated shall be entered in the books but not yet subject to observance, pending the outcome of the mentioned proposal. Immediately after the fate of the mentioned proposal is decided they will go into effect.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I approve said act.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I approve this motion.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Then without objection it is so ordered.

Senate Proposal 10 will now be put to a vote.
Senators, please cast your vote as Yea, Nea, or Present.

Senate Proposal 10 - Amendment to Smallville Law 8, The Smallville Activity Preservation Act
Citizens of Smallville must post in this thread a minimum of one time during a two week Sunday to Sunday period unless specifically stating that they will be absent in the Welcome/Goodbye thread. Failure to do so will result in the citizen being fined $5 for each two week period that passes without a post. The fine will go into the Smallville treasury. The maximum fine for an individual is not to exceed $100. The Mayor of Smallville may pardon incurred fines if there is reasonable cause to do so. The current last poster in this thread is exempt from this law so as not to necessitate double posting.

On SP10, Amendment to The Smallville Activity Preservation Act, Senator bookworm votes Yea.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I vote yea.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Senator Monty votes Yea.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Well, I'm going to start posting a whole lot more then! \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

For Senate Proposal 10, Amendment to Smallville Law 8, the Yeas are 3 the Nays are 0, the amendment is agreed to. *bangs gavel*
Smallville Law 8 will be reentered in the books accordingly, however this law is not yet in effect.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I believe we have had plenty of time to get coffee. Shall we proceed?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Now before the Senate is a proposal by Senator Fisher to require citizens of Smallville to visibly declare their awareness of the laws they are expected to observe.
Please refer to this post for correct session procedure.

Due to the nature of this proposal it shall be submitted to the Senate as a one time edict which would be immediately imposed upon passage rather than a proposed law to be entered in the books. If there is objection to this method of submission it may be voiced now.

Senator Fisher’s proposal:
“That all citizens reaffirm their citizenship now and sign the constitution of Smallville. So that they are aware of all current laws. And anyone who does not do so within the next 7 days would lose their citizenship. Which could be regained at any time upon their request and signage.”
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I've decided that this micro-town needs some teenage delinquency. *spray paints town monument and lights car on fire*