We are all doomed!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Joy
Lucid and deductive

We are all doomed!

Post by Joy »

WHY THE HUMAN RACE WILL END BECAUSE OF STUPIDITY!!!

1. Only in
America......can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America......are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a DIET coke.

5. Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

7. Only in America......do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8.Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and
'tics' meaning'bloodsucking creatures'

10. Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM's with Braille lettering.

11Further.........you did not notice that #6 was missing.

EVER WONDER...
Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor,
and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they
make the whole plane out of that stuff??

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport
the terminal?

In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods:

On a Sears hairdryer: Do not use while sleeping. ( that's the only time I have to work on my hair).

On a bag of Fritos:! ..You could be a winner! No purchase necessary.
Details inside. (the shoplifter special)?

On a bar o f Dial soap: "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that would be how???....)

On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestion: Defrost." (but, it's "just" a suggestion).

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom): "Do not turn upside down." (well...duh, a bit late, huh)!

On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating." (...and you thought????...)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body." (but wouldn't this save me moretime?)

On Boot's Children Cough Medicine: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication." (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.)

On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness." (and.. .I'm taking this because???....)

On most brands of Christmas lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only." (as opposed to...what?)

On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use." (now, somebody out there, help me on this. I'm a bit curious.)

On Sunsbury's peanuts: "Warning: contains nuts." (talk about a newsflash)

On Japanese knife: "Keep out of children." (Wow, that never occured to me.)

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: "Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts." (Step 3: maybe, uh...fly Delta?)

On a child's superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." (I don't blame the company. I blame the parents for this one.)

On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands." (..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

:lol: some of those are pretty funny.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Nice list, CamillaFan. Those are funny!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

CammillaFan wrote:
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they
make the whole plane out of that stuff??

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport
the terminal?
1. Black boxes serve a completely different purpose than the rest of the airplane, and to make the whole airplane that strong would require more weight, which would mean harder to make planes that could fly.

2. That's where the flights terminate. :P
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Jesus' Princess wrote::lol: some of those are pretty funny.
SOME of them are funny? They're all funny!
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I actually found these on a site called Howrse. It is a site where you care for your horses, PM other players, and put up discussions in Equestrian Center forums.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?
Actually, we can; I've proved it. You can do your eye makeup with your mouth closed; I don't know why people do it with their mouth wide open. It's not that hard to shut it. I guess some women are so used to having their mouth open talking that they have to keep it open when they're applying their makeup or something.

I've seen most of these before, but this doesn't remove the humor. \:D/ And in the back pages of most issues of Consumer Reports, they have more of those "I can't believe someone actually put this on a product label" things.

However, the fact that people were smart enough to be able to point these out actually goes to show that it's only a select few out of the population that is actually this stupid. ;)
4. Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a DIET coke.
It's kind of funny, actually, because Diet Cokes are actually more unhealthy for you than the regular ones because of all the additives.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

:lol: I read these out to my brother. A lot of them were pretty funny!
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

True and a pizza here is finished in half and hour and it takes longer than that for the abulance to get to your house.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I, for one, have ironed and steamed my clothes while wearing them, and survived with only a second degree burn to the face. Why did my hat have to look so wrinkly? >_>
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

God's Daughter wrote::lol: I read these out to my brother. A lot of them were pretty funny!
Same here. \:D/

"Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?"
this. :noway:

On Japanese knife: "Keep out of children." and On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands."

Made me think of Dick Van Dyke slapstick. \:D/
American Eagle wrote:I, for one, have ironed and steamed my clothes while wearing them, and survived with only a second degree burn to the face. Why did my hat have to look so wrinkly? >_>
At what age was this, praytell? o.O

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I, for one, have ironed and steamed my clothes while wearing them, and survived with only a second degree burn to the face. Why did my hat have to look so wrinkly? >_>
It was at the age of sarcasm. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Joy wrote:I actually found these on a site called Howrse. It is a site where you care for your horses, PM other players, and put up discussions in Equestrian Center forums.
NO WAY!!!!!! I played on there too! For a long time!!! I still have an account on there, actually, I just don't play on it! :D
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

American Eagle wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:
It was at the age of sarcasm. \:D/
...drat.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.