I have an announcement.

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Whitty Whit wrote:The original bet did not stipulate any persons shall be ineligible to partake of the bet. If AE was not joking, he should pay the bet to the person who took the bet first, i.e. bookworm.

Please pay bookworm, AE. ;) Unless you were being humorous and didn't even intend to be taken seriously.
Alas, I never agreed to bet him. :( Nor did I agree to bet Woody. The only people eligible to accept were K1 and JIA, as I said.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

The original bet never stipulated anything about not agreeing to bet a specific person.

But if you're that picky, I'll use my connections, if you wish. ;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:The bet was only acceptable to KODY 105 and JesusIsAlive. :x
This could be taken as sarcasm, especially considering that you did not say it first :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Whitty Whit wrote:But if you're that picky, I'll use my connections, if you wish. ;)
Hmm, what do you mean, good sir?

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Just wait. Hopefully my connections will pay off.
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Peeta wrote:
American Eagle wrote:The bet was only acceptable to KODY 105 and JesusIsAlive. :x
This could be taken as sarcasm, especially considering that you did not say it first :-
Exactly. The original post did not specify any conditions, so I believe legally, even if you mentally intended it to be sarcastic, it’s valid to be accepted as written. Then when you posted the conditions, that was the post that would be taken as sarcasm. But even if the second was serious, it can’t be retroactively applied to the first after the bet was accepted.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Exactly. The original post did not specify any conditions, so I believe legally, even if you mentally intended it to be sarcastic, it’s valid to be accepted as written. Then when you posted the conditions, that was the post that would be taken as sarcasm. But even if the second was serious, it can’t be retroactively applied to the first after the bet was accepted.
So wait, I'm legally obliged to pay every user on the ToO ten dollars? It's either everyone or no one. You asked to take up the bet, and I denied your request. What's the problem here?

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Well he didn't ask, he said that he'll take the bet. ;)
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:So wait, I'm legally obliged to pay every user on the ToO ten dollars?
No, only me. (And perhaps by a stretch Woody.) We were the ones that accepted said bet.
American Eagle wrote:You asked to take up the bet, and I denied your request. What's the problem here?
I did not ask, I accepted. You can’t deny someone a bet, that’s how a bet works. You offer, they accept. It’s not a request.
If you don’t intend to follow through, you don’t make the offer. That’s why it’s called gambling.
You can continue dodging if you wish, but I’ll get my money one way or another.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

now, now, bookworm, don't let's get evil here.

BESIDES, WHAT'RE Y'ALL DOING? :x GAMBLING IS AN EVIL SIN!

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Peeta wrote:now, now, bookworm, don't let's get evil here.
If you’re referring to the last line, that wasn’t a threat it was just a statement. Don’t worry, I’m not going to send my goons after him for $10.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
Peeta wrote:now, now, bookworm, don't let's get evil here.
If you’re referring to the last line, that wasn’t a threat it was just a statement. Don’t worry, I’m not going to send my goons after him for $10.
How then would you get the money? It's not like I'm going to give you $10 that I don't feel I owe you. :noway:

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:How then would you get the money? It's not like I'm going to give you $10 that I don't feel I owe you. :noway:
We’ll see.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Watch him ask Jerms or Monty to take the money from you :noway:

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I have been summoned. I shall take the money!Rumors of my evacuation of this universe are greatly exaggerated. (C) 2041 KODY 105 ENTERPRISES, Trans-Temporal Division, Antiquities Dept.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

See? See? I TOLD you K1 would come because of Jerms.

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

:hilarious:

In honor of K1's arrival, bookworm, KODY 105 and Woody will all receive $10. \:D/

It's good to know you're alive, K1. You'll be happy to know that I regularly use the word "vale" because of you. ;)

KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Salvete amici

I am pleased to learn my vocabulary is still influencing the next generation of AIO-listeners. Some ToOer whose name I didn't quite recognize PMed me (and yes, that still notifies me via email, which I do check still, folks) and said AE owed him money. And I couldn't let my good friend owe anybody any money, so here I am.

I haven't been active on here in forever. Who's the mayor and so on now? Where are all the oldbies-- JIA, AE, Shadowfax, Amethystic, 31899, Top, and anyone else who's been around for a while?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

K1! \:D/ I've heard a lot about you. Hi! :wave:

The oldbies you mentioned... JIA hasn't posted in awhile, neither has Shadowfax. AE, Amy, 31899, and Top are still active. :yes: And WW and Monty are the admins right now. ;)

\:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Lee wrote:K1! \:D/ I've heard a lot about you. Hi! :wave:

The oldbies you mentioned... JIA hasn't posted in awhile, neither has Shadowfax. AE, Amy, 31899, and Top are still active. :yes: And WW and Monty are the admins right now. ;)
Although Shadowfax did just post :p