I need a lawyer!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Ah, thanks! I never would have remembered that. Oh, ok. It seems unfair to me but whatever. I just wondered why it was set up the way it was.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Mimi wrote:I just wondered why it was set up the way it was.
More than anything just because I was the only attorney, so I had to chose a side. It wasn’t an attempt to make things unfair.
If someone were to volunteer their services as a prosecuting attorney, that would be acceptable. But they would (or at least should) be willing to stay on for any case that comes before the court.

In other words, as defense attorney I offer my services to any defendant. They don’t have to accept my services, they can represent themselves if they wish. But if they do want to be represented, they all get me. There isn’t a new attorney for each case, because I’m not a personal attorney people bring with them, I’m the court’s attorney.

So the same should be for the prosecution. There should be a set attorney who plaintiffs can chose to utilize or not. They wouldn’t be bringing their own lawyer with them each time.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I believe you should tell us what the case is about so we know if we would like to volunteer to be Buzz's lawyer. May I ask what this is all about???
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Ah... well... uh *cough* I was just uh... suing her.... because... BECAUSE SHE WOULDN'T GIVE ME ANY CHOCOLATE. There. :angry: Don't laugh at me. I need chocolate. AND SHE WAS BEING SELFISH.
Woody

Post by Woody »

This sounds like what Ryan Cummings would call a "frivolous lawsuit"
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Bookworm wrote:
Mimi wrote:I just wondered why it was set up the way it was.
More than anything just because I was the only attorney, so I had to chose a side. It wasn’t an attempt to make things unfair.
If someone were to volunteer their services as a prosecuting attorney, that would be acceptable. But they would (or at least should) be willing to stay on for any case that comes before the court.
Oh, it all makes sense now. :yes:
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

:( Fine. TFH, you won. Just give me the chocolate and I'll stop suing you!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Woody wrote:I believe you should tell us what the case is about so we know if we would like to volunteer to be Buzz's lawyer.
I just explained that the lawyers aren’t voluntary. There would be one prosecuting attorney, and if the plaintiff wished to be represented by them they can discuss the case through pm. The attorney will hear the details there and decide if they will take the case.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

She no give me chocolate. :(

Now who wants to be my lawyer?

-- Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:24 pm --

Okay! Okay! Forget it! I'm going to forgive you, Joy, FOR NOT GIVING ME CHOCOLATE AND KEEPING IT ALL TO YOURSELF!
:)
Woody

Post by Woody »

I believe you should also apologize...
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

NEVER.

.... Okay. I'm sorry.... :(
Woody

Post by Woody »

Good, I may be out 25 bucks because I am no longer needed as Buzz's lawyer (which she did ask me) but at least they are friends again! :) Another lawsuit stopped. O:)
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

........ NOOOOOOOOO! I didn't get to bang my hammer :x And where is all the yelling and fighting? :x This cased turned out too sweet :(
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Parker Family wrote:........ NOOOOOOOOO! I didn't get to bang my hammer :x And where is all the yelling and fighting? :x This cased turned out too sweet :(
Well, it was about chocolate.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Is there a volunteer to become the court prosecuting attorney then? Or shall we keep the current structure.
There is a backlog of suits on the docket that we should start going through.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Um, Buzz decided to drop the lawsuit. (Because of my amazing skills as a peacemaker)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I mean for future cases. As explained in this post.
Ryan Matlock
Level 4, Adventures in Odyssey Collector

Post by Ryan Matlock »

I shall be a prosecuting attorney! I have always liked debate and such. Count me in! Just PM me when there are new cases and I need to be there. Sometimes I forget to check the ToO. :)

~~~RyanCummings, Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thank you Ryan, now we can get the cases moving again.