I think a ghost just came in...

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

I think a ghost just came in...

Post by bookworm »

I’m sitting in my usual place on campus, and all of a sudden, with no one near them, the doors to outside swung wide open, paused for a moment, and then closed again. :shock:

To be logical, there are some pretty strong winds going on outside right now, so that was probably the cause. But it would have to be a very strange combination of angle and force to open these doors the way they are positioned here. Perhaps a cross draft from down the hall.
God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

:shock: RUN AWAY!
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I just went and checked the doors. They don’t actually latch, like I thought they did, they just kind of swing. So it is possible, in theory, that a gust of wind could push them. But again, it would have to be a very careful combination of factors.
I’m studying the trajectory right now, and I really can’t understand how it would have happened. The winds outside are definitely strong enough, but I don’t see how they could hit the door the right way to do that. :-k
Especially because I don’t see how the wind outside could open the door by pushing, when the door opens out. That sounds physically impossible.

Edit:

It just happened again! :shock:
What is going on here?! :mad:

Edit:

It happened again!! :conf:

Edit:

It happened again!!! I’m getting out of here! (I have to go to class anyway.)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

This is very odd... try to get a video clip of it. :yes: I'd like to see that. \:D/

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh, that would have been a great idea! But I don’t have the camera today.

I think I figured it out though. The last time it happened, I gathered my things to go and my tablemate walked into the room. I told him what was happening and asked if he had just come into the building. He said he had, thorough the door on the other end and when he did there was a huge gust of wind that slammed the door. So that explains it. It wasn’t outside wind pulling the door, it was inside wind pushing it. Now that I think about it, the other times it happened there were people that walked by a few minutes later too, so that must be it. It’s still amazing to me though, because that would have to be one strong draft so come in on the far side and go all the way down the hallway, around several corners, and still be strong enough to push the door open when it got here.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

bookworm wrote:Oh, that would have been a great idea! But I don’t have the camera today.

I think I figured it out though. The last time it happened, I gathered my things to go and my tablemate walked into the room. I told him what was happening and asked if he had just come into the building. He said he had, thorough the door on the other end and when he did there was a huge gust of wind that slammed the door. So that explains it. It wasn’t outside wind pulling the door, it was inside wind pushing it. Now that I think about it, the other times it happened there were people that walked by a few minutes later too, so that must be it. It’s still amazing to me though, because that would have to be one strong draft so come in on the far side and go all the way down the hallway, around several corners, and still be strong enough to push the door open when it got here.
My house does the exact same thing. There is never a latched door in here.
he/him | a little stinker.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Steve wrote:My house does the exact same thing.
Well my house has a draft door to door as well, but it’s not the same as what this must have been. To get from the other door of this building and still push this one open is quite impressive.

Edit:

I just went and walked the path and tested the door.
The draft yesterday was entering the building and then had to go forward down a medium length hallway, make a sharp left turn, go forward briefly, make a sharp right turn, go down a long hallway, make a gentle but quick left then right turn, cross the room I was sitting in to the other door, and then still have enough force to push and hold open a relatively sturdy and heavy door.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Why all the logical explanations? You know it was a ghost. :noway:
;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Because if I can’t explain it logically I’ll be too scared to sit in here anymore! :o
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

:lol: Who says the ghost is harmful? Too many movies for you. :no:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Ghosts don't exist.

Do they? :anxious:

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Lee wrote:Ghosts don't exist.

YES WE DO :x

... and we are coming for you :badgrin:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

:roll:

Yeeeeah....

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Lee wrote: :roll:

Yeeeeah....
UNBELIEVERS WILL PERISH AT OUR WILL! REPENT OF YOUR DISBELIEF AND YOU SHALL BE SPARED!!!

WE ARE APPARITIONS
WE ARE ALWAYS NEAR
WE DO NOT FORGIVE
WE DO NO FORGET
EXPECT US :x

~ adapted quote
Last edited by Parker Family on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Lee wrote:Ghosts don't exist.

In case you don't know, I wasn't serious. I was just messin' with bookworm.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Oh I didn't think you were.

But there actually are people who believe in them. My cousins told me that they live across the street from a women who thinks they exist, and she goes to bed at night with all the lights in her house on, and the shades all pulled up. :p

Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Bookworm does that now too...

Seriously though, that's really sad for her! I can't imagine feeling like that and being scared all the time.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

WHO YA GONNA CALL!!
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Whitty Whit wrote:WHO YA GONNA CALL!!
Ghostbusters! Image