The Ballroom SPLIT (Switchfoot Discussion)

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I just had a meet and greet with them recently. \:D/ I love RED.

Yoooou should try Times of Grace... Forth Angel... DoubleEdge... My Epic... (scrolling through my iTunes :- ) Nema... Sent By Ravens... SONS... This Beautiful Republic... We As Human. They're all good, imo.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Oooh, you got to MEET them \:D/ That is amazing.
*insert provocative quote here*
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

EK wrote:^This. Exactly this, the market has become diluted with this kind of stuff. There's a few bands I actually really really liked as a kid that now that i'm grown realize that they're horrible...Relient K being the main one. :anxious:
Dude, have you heard Forget and Not Slow Down? That is an amazing album. I'm not a fan of Relient K's early stuff (although it is better than any other secular or Christian punk pop I've ever heard) but Forget and Not Slow Down is one of my favorite albums of all time. And I'm generally an indie rock and folk kind of guy.

But I totally agree about CCM. However, I think good music is having a comeback. Good bands are becoming more popular, and the horrible Christian rock and pop bands of the 2000s are dying off. Maybe it's just I've become more aware of good music, but either way, there is plenty of amazing Christian music out there if you know where to look.
EK wrote:I know there's alot of kids growing up that up till like 13 or 14 or so are only allowed to listen to christian artists (I was one of em) and it kinda sucks that they have to listen to such bad music and are raised on it so they think it's good. >_<
This is the problem with pop music as well. Little kids are raised on Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus from age 6, and at that age, they think it's amazing, and when they get older, they don't look any further than Katy Perry and Lady Gaga and the rest of pop radio to get their music. That's just what they've always listened to. Fleet Foxes or Sufjan Stevens never even enters their eardrums, and even if it did, they're too far gone and close-minded to change their musical likes whatsoever.
Musical Shutterbug wrote:My main reason? Jon cannnot sing. Literally, he has the worst voice in the universe. I don't mind their lyrics or tunes too much...but the vocals make my eardrums bleed.
!?!?!?!? Wow, your posts make me wonder if you've heard anything by Switchfoot other than Mess of Me (one of their worst songs). Go listen to the song, "Vice Verses" right now.

Jon Foreman's voice is very unique, he has a large range, and he is always on tune. Tell me what is so bad about his voice. It's a little rough at times, but that's rock music for you. Just because it doesn't sound like opera doesn't mean it's bad. It's not supposed to sound like opera.

It would be ironic if you are a Skillet fan....there's some terrible vocals for you.

His voice does not start blowing out the speakers.... That effect was done intentionally... :-s

The fact is, Switchfoot is a unique band. They don't sound exactly like everyone else. They may have a more mainstream sound, but it is still unique, and they have genuine songwriting. Red, a band you like, is not unique whatsoever. Ever listened to Linkin Park? ;)