The Ballroom SPLIT (Switchfoot Discussion)

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Steve wrote:Personally, I don't care for Switchfoot, because they're more mainstream rock than I like. I also haven't listened to Rebecca St. James since I was like, ten...

Oh! And Musical Shutterbug is right. Owl City rules.
No. They don't :noway:
...wuh?...
he/him | a little stinker.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Owl City is...not a favorite of mine. That's putting it extremely lightly O:)
*insert provocative quote here*
Steve

Post by Steve »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:Owl City is...not a favorite of mine. That's putting it extremely lightly O:)
Wait, so you were telling Woody to listen to Owl City so he could hear music that (in your :p opinion) was worse than Switchfoot?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^er, yeah, that doesn't make sense. And I happen to like Owl City, even if Fireflies was really overplayed :noway:

Till the end of the line.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Steve wrote:
Musical Shutterbug wrote:Owl City is...not a favorite of mine. That's putting it extremely lightly O:)
Wait, so you were telling Woody to listen to Owl City so he could hear music that (in your :p opinion) was worse than Switchfoot?
Not at all ;) I was simply curious to see his thoughts on Owl City because I like discussing music with other people. I am not a fan of Owl City, but I like hearing other opinions on the band.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Steve wrote:
Not at all ;) I was simply curious to see his thoughts on Owl City because I like discussing music with other people. I am not a fan of Owl City, but I like hearing other opinions on the band.
IT'S NOT A BAND!!!! It's one singer. O:)
Why don't you like Owl City?
I know a few people, like my sister, thinks Adam Young's voice is weird, and my brother doesn't really like him that much.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Did you listen to Capital Lights?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

I did \:D/ I actually found myself enjoying several of their songs. I'm going to listen to more :)
Woody

Post by Woody »

What did you think of "Mile Away"????
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

That one wasn't one of my favorites, but it was still nice ;)
Woody

Post by Woody »

What were your favorites????

"His Favorite Christmas Story" is another good one...
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

^another good song; my sis made a video based on it. Ya'll should go watch it :)

Till the end of the line.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Owl City is horrible. Legitimately horrible, perhaps one of the worst artists in the history of the world...it's just bad music. Switchfoot on the other hand is okay, I mean they're nothing phenomenal and haven't come out with a good album since the beautiful letdown.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Honestly, I don't like Switchfoot, but I will tell you who is worse for sure.

Lecrae.

I CANNOT STAND THIS GUY'S MUSIC! IT STINKS! His songs are overly repetitive and just.... Bleah...
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I wish there were christian artists that were good. Not like good as in better than all the other christian artists but good as in just as good as the best of the secular artists, and of course there's lots of secular artists that are christian but as far as christian music goes y'know. I know there's alot of kids growing up that up till like 13 or 14 or so are only allowed to listen to christian artists (I was one of em) and it kinda sucks that they have to listen to such bad music and are raised on it so they think it's good. >_<
Steve

Post by Steve »

EK wrote:I wish there were christian artists that were good. Not like good as in better than all the other christian artists but good as in just as good as the best of the secular artists, and of course there's lots of secular artists that are christian but as far as christian music goes y'know. I know there's alot of kids growing up that up till like 13 or 14 or so are only allowed to listen to christian artists (I was one of em) and it kinda sucks that they have to listen to such bad music and are raised on it so they think it's good. >_<
The problem with the Christian music scene is that it simply promotes the catchiest attempts at quoting Scripture that people can produce. To find any real, raw talent, you have to really dig deep (especially into the indie scene) to catch a glimpse of true music. Like, the Newsboys, Skillet, and Brandon Heath are all over-promoted artists, who don't have to really work to make their livings. They made one half-decent, but incredibly repetitive (or to the average Christian music consumer: "catchy") single that led them to be nothing less than a headliner. Thus, they've decided they don't have to work hard to produce good music. They can just throw any old cliche' out there, and it sells.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

^This. Exactly this, the market has become diluted with this kind of stuff. There's a few bands I actually really really liked as a kid that now that i'm grown realize that they're horrible...Relient K being the main one. :anxious:
Woody

Post by Woody »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:In "Mess of Me", the bridge, his voice starts blowing out the speakers :|

"THERE AIN'T NO DRUUUUUUUUUUG!"

So...bad. *facepalm*

I listened to "Mess of Me" live today, and I cannot believe you don't like it.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I... can't stand that song. xP

I wish Abandon would be played more... I love their music. They're actually original and don't sound like everyone else. :(
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Termite, you should try Red \:D/