Canada or USA? Joy and Sunny's Discussion (continued)

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Canada or USA? Joy and Sunny's Discussion (continued)

Post by Sunshine »

As I was saying:
Sunshine wrote:Okay, I can't argue with about how much debt we have. Clearly things need to change about that.

Lazy with our spelling? Excuse me?! Just because you add one or two more letters to your words, doesn't mean we're lazy. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious was a word invented in the U.S.A. for Mary Poppins movie, made by Disney.

As for rebelling against the king for high taxes, what else were we suppose to do? We were about to die from lack of supplies, and the king was being unreasonably unfair. It's not our fault that we had to rebel, in order to be free to serve God how we please. :noway:

Btw, if we should stop spamming up this topic with our debate, I can make another topic for it.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Actually, the Boston Tea Party is now rather hypocritical seeing as we can and do tax minors who thus cannot vote. And in fact, we had no right to rebel from the king.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Who's side are you on?
Last edited by Sunshine on Tue May 29, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I don't think the George and the rest were flawless if that answers the question.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

USA. Although I do have some pretty cool Canadian friends. :yes:
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Canada was patient, and in time we gained our independence, though the Queen is still a figurehead of our nation. But America....people were killed by a feud over taxes and a few other issues!
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

A few other issues? You make it sound like we were being picky about our freedom. We were about to die, because the king's tax was so high; we weren't going to survive with what we had left. We couldn't really wait for our freedom, although I commend you for waiting for yours.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Let's face it.

we all stink. :(

[this has been an encouraging message from Joanne]

For my part I much prefer Mozambique.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I understand that, Sunshine.
This is merely a fun argument!
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Yes, yes. A fun argument.

What do you not understand that I should explain to you. ;)
AshleyWhittaker
Tallying up

Post by AshleyWhittaker »

I know this is a really old topic, but I had to post here. CANADA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe sorry... I get a little excited when talking about my country. I like visiting the States and I have really nice American friends (like most of you here) but I would never live there. I like having 4 seasons and living in an almost debt-free country ;) Oh and did I mention Obama?! I'm not trying to be stuck up or anything but that's just the way I am.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Um.... we have four seasons in America too, you know.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

They mesh together depending on what state you're in, however. :-
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Like in Canada where all the seasons are one branch of winter. :-
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

To be fair, AE, there's a nice break between winters that we like to call "construction." :shame:
Pirate Oriana
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind

Post by Pirate Oriana »

Ireland PWNS ALL. :x \:D/ Then the United States, then Canada. (except for those parts of Canada that want to be French. Why would you want to be like France? :duh: )
AMDG

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Catspaw wrote:To be fair, AE, there's a nice break between winters that we like to call "construction." :shame:
Haha, we use that joke here in Michigan, too. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

AshleyWhittaker wrote: I like having 4 seasons and living in an almost debt-free country ;)

http://www.debtclock.ca/

:noway:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

I usually forget that Canada even exists...oops.

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well look who's talking, the person on the tiny country in the corner of the world. :noway:

But I do love your accents and the RU Wallabies, so I can't complain. :inlove:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein