I forgot to put on my watch today.

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

I forgot to put on my watch today.

Post by The Top Crusader »

My wrist feels naked without it. :(

...which I guess it is. But it feels weird.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yeah, I hate it when I forget to wear my watch to work. I always look at my wrist out of habit anyway, which looks pretty stupid. ;)
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

The worst is when you forget to wear a watch on the day of an exam and the room has no clock in it.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

People still wear watches? :anxious:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Indeed we do :yes:

Till the end of the line.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Yes, bookworm, we do. At least, those of us too poor to get the brain implants.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Astronomer wrote:Yes, bookworm, we do. At least, those of us too poor to get the brain implants.
Win.

I lost my watch for a few weeks and working my job was a mess. I kept having to whip out my phone to check the time, and we aren't really allowed to carry around a cellphone. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, I am allowed to have a cellphone and am usually in front of a computer anyway, but I still rely on my watch for time.

Plus I like getting a weird white ring around my wrist when the rest of me is tan! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote: Plus I like getting a weird white ring around my wrist when the rest of me is tan! \:D/
I don't. The last time that happened to me, people kept commenting on it. It was super annoying to keep having people make not-really-clever comments regarding the white stripe on my wrist.

But on the plus side, I got to practice being polite! \:D/
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

All my watches ran out of batteries. But when I am without time keeping devices, I am thoroughly lost. I have no internal time chip, genetic or implanted. :(
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Catspaw wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote: Plus I like getting a weird white ring around my wrist when the rest of me is tan! \:D/
I don't. The last time that happened to me, people kept commenting on it. It was super annoying to keep having people make not-really-clever comments regarding the white stripe on my wrist.
I love the watch tan! And you don't get questions if you are wearing it because it covers up the white area!
I feel lost without my watch :( It's tragic...wish I could afford that brain implant. {sigh}
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Catspaw wrote:Yeah, I hate it when I forget to wear my watch to work. I always look at my wrist out of habit anyway, which looks pretty stupid. ;)
And it's really bad when you look at your wrist, and you stare at it for about three seconds until you realize why you're not seeing the time... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

This is sad. :( Top's topic about watches gets more posts than my topic about my now-4-day-old nephew... :(
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Just look at the sun. :noway:

But, seriously, I've never worn a watch in a situation I didn't have to. There's clocks everywhere nowadays, on your phone, on the computer, in your car, on the wall, coffee pot, DVD player, alarm clock, stove. Lots of different ways to tell time...watches are really just for fashion now.
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Seriously, shouldn't watches be called something else? No one ever watches their watch, all they do is glance at it. They should be called glances... :-k
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I wear a watch constantly, except in the shower, of course. :P Just last week, I forgot to put it back on after my shower, and I kept looking at my wrist out of habit. So annoying every time I realized there was no watch. :x Watches are especially handy for the vision challenged at night when the clock is too far away to see. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

The Top Crusader wrote:Plus I like getting a weird white ring around my wrist when the rest of me is tan! \:D/
I don't like getting the weird white ring on my wrist. The watch I'm wearing right now is one of those that you can just stretch on over your hand. It leaves weird ridges on my wrist.
~JCGJ~ wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Yeah, I hate it when I forget to wear my watch to work. I always look at my wrist out of habit anyway, which looks pretty stupid. ;)
And it's really bad when you look at your wrist, and you stare at it for about three seconds until you realize why you're not seeing the time... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Haha. I can totally relate to that. I'll stare at my watch for five seconds, look away, and then look at it again.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Implants *pfft.*

The Nova-Box now transmitting the time directly to your brain.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

The Top Crusader wrote:My wrist feels naked without it. :(

...which I guess it is. But it feels weird.

This is supposed to be a children's forum! And you come on here talking about your wrist's nakedness!? :x
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

31899 wrote:Implants *pfft.*

The Nova-Box now transmitting the time directly to your brain.
haha this kinda reminds me of a Doctor Who episode...

on topic, I have a lovely watch tan!

Till the end of the line.