They're out to get us!!

The Soda Shoppers are out to get us!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

HEY. I am a one of a kind, thank you very much.

Thatisall.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Marvin D. wrote:HEY. I am a one of a kind, thank you very much.

Thatisall.
I know, Marvy, I know. *pats head* He is like you, not you are like him.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Okay, that's better. Everyone can be like me \:D/

And don't call me Marvy ;-;

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Marvin D. wrote:Okay, that's better. Everyone can be like me \:D/

And don't call me Marvy ;-;
I'm your aunt! I have a right! Or would you prefer Joshie? :x
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Some *cough* SSers aren't doing a very good job making us ToOers like them, at least in chatroom behavior.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

You can't judge a whole board by a few unruly members.
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

DanP740 wrote:Some *cough* SSers aren't doing a very good job making us ToOers like them, at least in chatroom behavior.
...Says he who intrudes. :roll:
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Wait...

What's the problem?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

When have I intruded?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Like, have I said I'm not going to join SS anymore. .? >_>

Like, seriously. Enough is enough.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Like, *waves hand disapprovingly*, have I ever, like, said, like, I was gonna, like, stop posting on, like, the ToO?

Sarcasm alert: I was "poking" fun at the user above me, and not actually trying to say something serious.
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

I'm one of a kind too!
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

I believe I am a one of a kind... But, only because no one would dare ever be like me! ;)
merp.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

DanP740 wrote:When have I intruded?
So, first, which chat room? Second, I assumed you meant SS chat. You are welcome to join are participate as you so desire, but unless you make an effort to actively engage in discussion, you can't expect us to do a good job of making us like you.

If you mean ToO chat, I would say that a good deal of us have showed interest in communicating with ToOites, and have helped keep the chat a good deal more active than it was a couple of months ago. Along with that benefit you have to accept a person or two who participate in a manner that irritates you.
Marvin D. wrote:Like, have I said I'm not going to join SS anymore. .? >_>

Like, seriously. Enough is enough.
I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. I'd like to point out that this kind of discussion has been primarily on this thread and also in the chat. If you are that tired of it, refraining from contact with these two areas will keep out at least 90% of the discussion.

Secondly, I never wanted you or anyone else to join the SS. I wanted you to become better informed and to spark your interest. In this regard, my thread was highly successful.

I haven't ever officially said this, so I thought now would be an appropriate time.
Whitty Whit wrote:Wait...

What's the problem?
The original problem was the total lack of caring about the SS here. Many ToOers joined our board, but very few actually posted. Those who did, with a couple possible exemptions, showed little interest or steadiness. I mentioned the SS a few times after joining here, and never got a response or intrique, and I rightly guessed that there would be little intrique if I brought it up more openly. So, I created a topic on the SS called '101 reasons the SS is better than the ToO', knowing full well that someone, eventually, would discover it, say something about it here, and hopefully stir up a little conversation or discussion. I am willing to discuss my motives for doing this, though they can be found earlier in this thread and in the original thread, in the first post.

We got the discussion, debate, fun war, and random accusations all in one thread here, and so that worked as well as can be expected. It looks like I've talked about this too much, and people are tired of it. As long as there are any questions or misinformed/uninformed opinions, from people who are willing to discuss them, I am wilingl continue the discussion.

Otherwise, you may visit snubs' backstreet forum, modified as a meeting place for members of all three boards to meet each other and discuss the boards.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

First off, I haven't been in your chatroom, I was making a half-joking comment about us having to ban the Wooton guy for being extremely annoying. He has, by the way, been reinstated on probationary terms.

Second, "total lack of caring about the SS" sorry if we're content with our home board and don't go searching for other boards when we aren't interested in joining any others.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

DanP740 wrote:First off, I haven't been in your chatroom, I was making a half-joking comment about us having to ban the Wooton guy for being extremely annoying. He has, by the way, been reinstated on probationary terms.

Second, "total lack of caring about the SS" sorry if we're content with our home board and don't go searching for other boards when we aren't interested in joining any others.
You realize that our chat is not on a separate page and is on the main index?

I'm not asking you to be interested in joining, again. I'm asking that you be willing to visit the board so you form a valid opinion about it.

Also, how exactly do you expect anyone to be interested in you if you show no interest in them? It's the exact same principle you employ when greeting new members, on a larger scale.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

T.S. (myself) wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:Wait...

What's the problem?
The original problem was the total lack of caring about the SS here. Many ToOers joined our board, but very few actually posted. Those who did, with a couple possible exemptions, showed little interest or steadiness. I mentioned the SS a few times after joining here, and never got a response or intrique, and I rightly guessed that there would be little intrique if I brought it up more openly. So, I created a topic on the SS called '101 reasons the SS is better than the ToO', knowing full well that someone, eventually, would discover it, say something about it here, and hopefully stir up a little conversation or discussion. I am willing to discuss my motives for doing this, though they can be found earlier in this thread and in the original thread, in the first post.

We got the discussion, debate, fun war, and random accusations all in one thread here, and so that worked as well as can be expected. It looks like I've talked about this too much, and people are tired of it. As long as there are any questions or misinformed/uninformed opinions, from people who are willing to discuss them, I am wilingl continue the discussion.

Otherwise, you may visit snubs' backstreet forum, modified as a meeting place for members of all three boards to meet each other and discuss the boards.
Very well put sir. Succinct and to the point. You told me exactly how this all started, what has happened since then, and where we are up to now. Congratulations. You're one of a very few people that do that so well. :claps:
Last edited by Whitty Whit on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
#FOREVERKITTY
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

When did I say anything about your chat not being on the index? In any case, I am withdrawing from the conversation as it seems that almost nobody cares about this "debate" and only a few people keep trying to get people riled up. Farewell.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

T.S. (myself) wrote:The original problem was the total lack of caring about the SS here.
Wait.

That's what the original problem was? Your forum wasn't getting enough attention from ToOers?

I'm sorry, but that is absolutely ridiculous. It is never, under any circumstances appropriate on the internet to complain simply because your blog/website/forum/etc is not getting enough attention or respect. The ToO is not and has never been required to acknowledge outside AIO sources.
*insert provocative quote here*
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

If I may add my 2 cents, I think that even though we have some drama, that doesn't mean we're terrible people. Each message board I'm on has It's pluses and it's minuses.
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah