Bookworm And Kings Daughter Beat-Down Fight Day 2013

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Kings Daughter wrote:does that also mean that AIO should educate kids on how drugs work, too?
That is beyond the scope of this debate, but I would think it would probably follow the same path.
The Kings Daughter wrote:some children hear the episodes before their parents (because their parents know it will be clean, for one thing)
Then it could be made known in advance that a potentially ‘inappropriate’ topic was coming up, and the parent can look into it and make their decision.

The best situation would be the one with the most options, so parents can choose what they want to do, and that would be the situation with the episode having that character.
Again, if the episode exists parents can choose to listen or not listen. If it doesn’t exist, there is no choice to be made, so the opportunities are limited. You are punishing the parent who would welcome the episode unnecessarily, because whether the episode exists or not the parent opposed to it would not listen, so there is no need to cater singularly to them because the outcome on that side would be the same either way.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ding! Stalemate.

Topic 4:
Canada and the United States should combine to become one country.
Bookworm will support.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Canada and the United States should combine to become one country because it would cause mergers and consolidations in population, economics, finances, business, and government that would bring about a reshaping of how things in the country operate, allowing for fresh situations and new options and changes.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I do not think that it would be wise for Canada and the United States to join together. Canada has too many things run by the government, in my opinion, and America is headed that way. Merging would just get the USA there faster.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Canada has too many things run by the government
You’re assuming the merger would force everything American to conform to Canada’s systems. It would more likely result in compromises from both ends, with government control being one that Canada may have to give on.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

bookworm wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:Canada has too many things run by the government
You’re assuming the merger would force everything American to conform to Canada’s systems. It would more likely result in compromises from both ends, with government control being one that Canada may have to give on.
I don't assume it would force America to do anything. I assume that America would use it as an excuse. :P

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Fair enough, and that’s always a possibility. But I would have to believe it would end up needing to be a more or less even compromise.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

bookworm wrote:Fair enough, and that’s always a possibility. But I would have to believe it would end up needing to be a more or less even compromise.
And based on the status of our country currently, I would have to disagree. :-

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Fair enough again, but something this major would not probably be done overnight. By the time it was brought about there may be leadership in office more to your liking.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

bookworm wrote:Fair enough again, but something this major would not probably be done overnight. By the time it was brought about there may be leadership in office more to your liking.
Perhaps, but it's never safe to assume that. Better wait until things are better in leadership rolls (as in, going up hill, and all that) and then consider the possibility of something like aforementioned.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ding! Stalemate.

Topic 5: (This is a follow up of four.)
This newly formed country should use nuclear weapons against Mexico.
TKD supports.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

TKD resigns topic.

It would be insane, unnecessary, and unlike Christ to take lives in Mexico.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Topic resigned.

Topic 6:
Chick-Fil-A is the best company ever.
TKD supports.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Apart from Tim Hawkins saying so?

It is a fantastic company not only for it's great food, but for it's representation of Christ. It's not afraid to love Him, and it has been proven that under pressure, it will not back down.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Chick-Fil-A is not the best company ever, it’s just a fast food establishment. The best company ever would probably be one that provides some kind of medical service, or something important, and even vital, to humanity.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

bookworm wrote:Chick-Fil-A is not the best company ever, it’s just a fast food establishment. The best company ever would probably be one that provides some kind of medical service, or something important, and even vital, to humanity.
Doesn't Chick-Fil-A support other Christian companies? ;)

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Doesn't Chick-Fil-A support other Christian companies? ;)
So? It would still stand that the company they support is more important, because that’s the one actually doing whatever they’re doing.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

bookworm wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:Doesn't Chick-Fil-A support other Christian companies? ;)
So? It would still stand that the company they support is more important, because that’s the one actually doing whatever they’re doing.
Absolutely and I totally agree. ^.^ Sorry to let down whoever sent in this one. ;) I'm afraid I may only be able to debate an issue well when it's one I sincerely believe!::)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ding! bookworm wins this one.

And that ladies and gentlemen is all for today. Thanks for stopping by, and please give your debaters a round of applause. The questions we did not get to will be put into a sudden death match at an undetermined date. For the crew here at the Unnamed Arena, this is Kayeff Moose Breath signing off.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks for coming everyone, and a special thanks to my worthy opponent and our excellent moderator!
This was more draining than I anticipated, but it was as fun as I thought it would be. :) I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Feel free to stay for the after party, the arena will remain open until midnight.