Guess who got a "job!"

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Guess who got a "job!"

Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Yip, that's righto. l am now officially a waving/dancing/singing Lady Liberty for Liberty Tax Services! \:D/ :mrgreen: =D>
Basically, I get paid $7.50 an hour to do what what my bedroom mirror doesn't pay me to do. Woot, woot! \:D/ :mrgreen: =D>
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Dude, we have a Liberty Tax guy only a few streets over from my house. If you ever transfer to Michigan, let me know and I'll come dance with you. \:D/

Congrats! Be bold and crazy, dude! The dancers who just stand there are lame. :noway:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

You should try out! You probably still have time (at least three other local stores have yet to hold their tryouts).
I agree, they are lame.
I did it for like 20 minutes during the tryout, so I decided to go all out and just make a complete fool of myself; he said I was the best "rookie waver" he's seen. :mrgreen: So, yeah, I'm excited! I start on Monday.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Post a video!
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I don't yet have a video... But here's a photo that a friend of mine took as they were waiting at the stoplight. :mrgreen: \:D/
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Looking good, make sure to post that video when you get it
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

It's funny you should mention that...
I'll just pretend that I didn't just send you a PM asking you to post in this thread

So, like any normal Internet-user, I browse Youtube about once a week or so, and just for fun, I decided to look up other wavers for Liberty... But just imagine my surprise when I see these two videos pop up:

((Can some tech-savvy person help me figure out why the links aren't working?))

(Keep in mind that the music was added by whoever uploaded the videos)

As you can see, I really can't dance. But I definitely have a great time trying. :mrgreen: \:D/ :lol:
My "dancing style" also really depends on what music I have playing in my headphones at any given time (which can range from Lady Gaga, to Toby Mac, to Avicii, etc.).
However, I think it might be more accurate to say that I balter, rather than dance.
According to Urban Dictionary, to balter is "to dance artlessly, without particular grace or skill but usually with enjoyment"
And yes, I realize I look like a complete idiot. And yes, I know I'm the sort of person that people laugh at over family dinners, but frankly, I don't care; I get paid to look like an idiot... In fact, I got a raise because I'm not afraid to look like an idiot. :mrgreen:

It makes me extremely sad to announce, however, that my #LifeAsLadyLiberty will shortly be coming to an end; my last day waving for Liberty Tax this year will be this Tuesday, April 15th (the end of Tax Season, 2014). :(
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
They/Them
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

~JCGJ~ wrote:((Can some tech-savvy person help me figure out why the links aren't working?))
You can't embed videos from an https link.

Code: Select all

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WROOqR-H_kw[/youtube]
Won’t work.

Simply remove the ‘s’ and it will.

Code: Select all

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WROOqR-H_kw[/youtube]
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

~JCGJ~ wrote:It's funny you should mention that...
I'll just pretend that I didn't just send you a PM asking you to post in this thread

So, like any normal Internet-user, I browse Youtube about once a week or so, and just for fun, I decided to look up other wavers for Liberty... But just imagine my surprise when I see these two videos pop up:

((Can some tech-savvy person help me figure out why the links aren't working?))

(Keep in mind that the music was added by whoever uploaded the videos)
As you can see, I really can't dance. But I definitely have a great time trying. :mrgreen: \:D/ :lol:
My "dancing style" also really depends on what music I have playing in my headphones at any given time (which can range from Lady Gaga, to Toby Mac, to Avicii, etc.).
However, I think it might be more accurate to say that I balter, rather than dance.
According to Urban Dictionary, to balter is "to dance artlessly, without particular grace or skill but usually with enjoyment"
And yes, I realize I look like a complete idiot. And yes, I know I'm the sort of person that people laugh at over family dinners, but frankly, I don't care; I get paid to look like an idiot... In fact, I got a raise because I'm not afraid to look like an idiot. :mrgreen:

It makes me extremely sad to announce, however, that my #LifeAsLadyLiberty will shortly be coming to an end; my last day waving for Liberty Tax this year will be this Tuesday, April 15th (the end of Tax Season, 2014). :(
That's awesome, man! You're Youtube Famous! Image

and that's hilarious about the raise. :D
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

So I know this is an old thread, but for some reason it caught my eye today. I have never looked at this thread before, and I was missing out! I had no idea that this was even a job possibility, so this gets to be the "something new" I learned today. ;) It looks like you had a ton of fun, and that other people were enjoying it too! \:D/ What more can you ask for in a job, really?
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

They've already asked me if I'm trying out again next year. :mrgreen:
They/Them
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You have to try out again? They won't just take you because they've used you before?
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

They only select 10 wavers at the beginning of Tax Season, and then if people quit/never show up (which happens more often than not), they hold more tryouts to fill the empty spots. I've been told that most tryouts don't even have more than 5-10 people anyway (there were only 4 people besides me who showed up to my tryouts last year, 3 of whom were "veteran" wavers), so anyone who tries out is pretty much guaranteed a job. However, if more than 10 people were to miraculously show up, they would simply select the 10 that they felt were the most enthusiastic and engaging. They generally don't ask you to try out again, unless they want you on the Waving Team, so I took it as a compliment. :mrgreen:
They/Them
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

So when does Tax Season start?
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Tax Season is January 1st, through April 15th.
They/Them
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That's great! :D Definitely a good sign. You should get a friend to take a video of you to share (on purpose), since you are apparently above-average in awesomeness. \:D/