Bookworm And Kings Daughter Beat-Down Fight Day 2014

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Please tell me you can come up with something better than that. A name is a matter of opinion.

Arizona is better than Peace Tea because they don't use artificial sweeteners in all of their drinks like Peace Tea does.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Emmet wrote:Please tell me you can come up with something better than that.
Not with much conviction as I have never had either product. I'll do my best though.

Yes the name is an opinion, but opinions are valid foundations for personal favoritism. In fact, the two are essentially one in the same thing. You didn’t say Arizona was specifically a better product or better made or anything like that, you simply said it was better in general. Preferring the other name is sufficient reason to refute that sentiment.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Lovely loophole there.

In that case, allow me to change the topic:

Arizona is a better product than Peace Tea
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

*Required Disclosure*
I do not have adequate information to debate this subject at maximum capability, but will give my best effort if you wish to continue simply for sparring purposes.
With this understanding, please confirm or cancel your topic suggestion.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Meh, I guess we can drop it. But if someone does come around who wants to debate it, I would be happy to. ;)

The LEGO Movie is better than Frozen

What have I just done?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Frozen is better than the LEGO Movie because it’s a musical.
Woody

Post by Woody »

The LEGO Movie is better than Frozen because it encourages creativity and individuality.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

As does Frozen, from what I understand. (Full disclosure: I have not seen the movie.) I am under the impression that it encourages having a strong self image and appreciating your individual abilities. If this is accurate, then the message of both movies is strikingly similar, making the only major distinction the absence of songs in the LEGO Movie, as I said.
Woody

Post by Woody »

But Frozen doesn't have awesome moments that make you think back to your 7-year-old life \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That probably depends on what your life was like.
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

I did while watching Frozen. There were scenes when I thought back to when I didn't have all the responsibilities that come with growing up and could go build a snowman without caring about other things that need to be done.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

*cough* Actually, Frozen brought back many fond memories of playing with my sister with our dolls, or in the snow. I didn't start playing with legos until I was maybe around 14? It really depends on who you are.
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
Woody

Post by Woody »

The LEGO Movie had character death! And awesome plot twists! And old wizards! And prophecies! And epic construction scenes... And a giant robot... and... and...
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

Emmet wrote:The LEGO Movie had character death!
Frozen had death and resurrection.
Emmet wrote:And awesome plot twists!
Erm...Hans?
Emmet wrote:And old wizards!
Frozen had old trolls.
Emmet wrote:And epic construction scenes... And a giant robot... and... and...
And Frozen had epic songs and scenery, a quirky snowman, a loveable reindeer...
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Yeah, so someone dies for a few seconds :roll:

And Hans wasn't nearly as epic as a certain LEGO Movie plot twist. And I was kinda half-expecting Hans. ;)

LEGO Movie has an evil President and a split personality policeman.
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

Frozen has loose ends. There were elements of the story that I wish had been addressed and explained....
Last edited by IrishTiger on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Alright, I have to go. Thanks to everyone who participated, I hope you had as much fun as I did. :)

This concludes the official event, however you may continue debating various subjects amongst yourselves into the night if you wish.
shnoodlec
Tallying up

Post by shnoodlec »

Annnd I missed it.
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread HERE. come find me on the ToO chat if you dare.