Petty Pet Peeves!

Discuss what really just bugs you to no end!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Petty Pet Peeves!

Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Why is it that, whenever a restaurant or store name ends with a vowel sound, people feel the need to add the possessive? "We need to go to Aldi's." "We haven't eaten at San Jose's in awhile." "Cowboy's is the best steakhouse in the world!" And why is it only with vowels? I mean, you never hear anyone say, "I need to run by Wal-Mart's," or "Let's go to Target's." Someone, please enlighten me.

Ok, now that I've shared one of my big pet peeves, feel free to share yours! Or perhaps you can shed some light onto someone why people have certain habbits that bug people.

Enjoy yourselves, and don't get too peeved.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Fri May 02, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

PET PEEVE: When no one responds to a topic. :x GUYS...

I'll start with Padded Room Pet Peeves...

Paula and Moontide in Forwards and Backwards. :x
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

I seriously didn't know this thread existed =ooo
YOU MEAN I CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT LIFE HERE?????? *yesses*

-Fairness
-MF and Jay counting up
-When people put words in your mouth and act like they know what you did more than you
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

When people mispronounce things. My younger brother will say sock ez, instead of socks.
Last edited by Lark on Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

When the people making you late for an event obviously don't care that they are making you late.
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

When people do a poor job on something, because it doesn't effect them in any way.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

When the "Ctrl" button is in a different place :x
https://imgflip.com/i/rnb14
https://imgflip.com/i/rkegf
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

When I walk onto campus, no one there but me and the professor, the prof is just setting up and he tells a British joke that either I don't understand, or I don't want to understand.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Connie G. wrote:When the "Ctrl" button is in a different place :x
https://imgflip.com/i/rnb14
https://imgflip.com/i/rkegf
Connay, you da best xDDD
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

SimplyDredge wrote:When I walk onto campus, no one there but me and the professor, the prof is just setting up and he tells a British joke that either I don't understand, or I don't want to understand.
Are British jokes the only ones he knows or something?
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

Connie G. wrote:
SimplyDredge wrote:When I walk onto campus, no one there but me and the professor, the prof is just setting up and he tells a British joke that either I don't understand, or I don't want to understand.
Are British jokes the only ones he knows or something?
Um yeah...
When a member of the opposite race is walking with her handbag as loose as she pleases then she sees me or my kind and grabs it till her knuckles turn white... I mean whiter...
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Pet peeve: people who use social media to alternate between posting quotes about the joys of peace and forgiveness with posting quotes about how many stupid people there are and passive-aggressively commenting on how they personally have been treated. Almost any random quote that has been paired with a random minion picture or sunset shot is bound to annoy me. ;) (Caveat: there are some really nice ones out there. But most of them are just lame and an excuse for people to whine endlessly or incorrectly attribute quotes.)
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Whoa. That was deep...

Learning Grammar. Such a struggle :noway:
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Deep, or just whiny? ;)

Grammar can be very odd at times.

Now that I'm posting I feel like I should share another pet peeve. At risk of sounding like everything bothers me... ;)

I really can't stand spam phone calls like recorded messages saying you've won stuff and so on, especially when they've masked their number and made it look like a local call. Today I got the exact same one on our landline and my cell phone only minutes apart, and the call display on my cell phone showed a local number. Very irritiating.
Countess

Post by Countess »

I thought this topic was deleted after I made that post about Paula and Moontide. I thought it was in the Padded Room and I never could find it in there. :lol:

Pet Peeves: When a friend talks really loud in front of strangers and is embarrassing. :evil:
When you only get one bite of realllllly good food.
When you are dying of thirst and no water in sight. :x
When you can't turn on the air conditioner in an airplane. :x
When someone doesn't understand sarcasm.
When someone mocks you in their status quote. :noway:
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

That is because I moved it to HH because it was too logical for the Padded Room. I thought the posters deserved for their post counts to go up.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

When people tease you about what you've written that you're thankful for.
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Countess

Post by Countess »

Moontide wrote:That is because I moved it to HH because it was too logical for the Padded Room. I thought the posters deserved for their post counts to go up.
It goes up when you post here? :shock: I thought everything in HH was $0.00 *posts to see*
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

Catspaw wrote:Deep, or just whiny? ;)
Nah, not whiny...Just deep in the sense that most of us have thought a thought quite similar, yet no one ever brings it to the others attention...At least that's how I see it xP

When I miss out on a A+ grade just because I forgot to add the units to the finished answer.
When I forget that I have something cooking on the stove, and it ends up spilling over the edge and burning on the stove.
When I forget to do something.
When I get all comfortable in my bed, and then realize that I forgot to do something important.
When someone turns me off.
When I write out a really long definition for a study guide only to realize that I had already written it out and I literally just re-wrote it.
When a room full of people is quiet right at the time when I need to sneeze and/or cough.
Awkwardness. Seriously though...Why do we allow it to exist?
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

It goes up when you post here? :shock: I thought everything in HH was $0.00 *posts to see*
Post count goes up in HH. You still don't get any money. Padding room posts count for nothing.