Do you belive Christ died for your sins?

A place to come talk.

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Mr. Sunnys
Gold Member

Do you belive Christ died for your sins?

Post by Mr. Sunnys »

If you do believe that, I'd love to have you join me! If you don't, come talk about it!
"My avatar is awesome."
"You are lame, and so is your dog."
Romans 8:28 ~~Sunnys~~ <BIBLE|---
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Is this like a sunday school party? Can I bring cupcakes?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I don't really subscribe to the belief outlined in the thread title ...

... but I'm totally down for some cupcakes! :yum:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Mr. Sunnys
Gold Member

Post by Mr. Sunnys »

Well, Jelly, cupcakes are allowed, but this is mainly a discussion about whether or not one believes Christ died for their sins. Do you?

Kate: Why do you not believe this? What do you believe?
"My avatar is awesome."
"You are lame, and so is your dog."
Romans 8:28 ~~Sunnys~~ <BIBLE|---
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Well, your proposition sort of hinges on the assumption that everyone already understands what "sin" is, or even that everyone even believes in "sin."

For example, is it sin for me to eat all these cupcakes by myself? In which case, did Christ die so that I could still eat these cupcakes and not go to hell?
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Also did Christ die for everyone's sins or just the elect?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Exactly. How do I know which of these cupcakes have been elected for righteous consumption?
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Jelly wrote:Exactly. How do I know which of these cupcakes have been elected for righteous consumption?
Oh, that's easy. The only righteous cupcakes are the chocolate ones. It's just that some are more showy about their chocolate-ness than others, and some simply look chocolate but are actually vanilla in disguise. Gotta watch out for the vanillas in chocolates' clothing.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

By their chocolate, you shall know them. :yes:
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Clearly the vanilla are the righteous, for they have been made white in the blood of the Lamb.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

I only eat red velvet cupcakes, because of the blood thing.
TigerintheShadows

bookworm wrote:Clearly the vanilla are the righteous, for they have been made white in the blood of the Lamb.
Ah, but vanilla cupcakes are those that simply look righteous. The chocolate ones know that they have been stained by their sin, yet when eaten it is clear that they have the better taste and are therefore the ones that have truly grown in the Spirit.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
bookworm wrote:Clearly the vanilla are the righteous, for they have been made white in the blood of the Lamb.
Ah, but vanilla cupcakes are those that simply look righteous. The chocolate ones know that they have been stained by their sin, yet when eaten it is clear that they have the better taste and are therefore the ones that have truly grown in the Spirit.
That sounds to me like the chocolate are acting as the hypocrites Jesus rebuked. Maintaining their sinful appearance, when He said not to disfigure yourself to show your piety, but to wash so it is not obvious to others for the Father who sees in secret is the one who will reward.
TigerintheShadows

bookworm wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:
That sounds to me like the chocolate are acting as the hypocrites Jesus rebuked. Maintaining their sinful appearance, when He said not to disfigure yourself to show your piety, but to wash so it is not obvious to others for the Father who sees in secret is the one who will reward.
Oh, no, that's not the situation. The chocolate are simply unafraid to remind the world through symbolism that they are still not perfect even in their salvation, while the vanilla feels the need to use color symbolism to make people think they're perfect by whitewashing their imperfections. They are the whitewashed tombs, you could say.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

But what about blueberry muffins?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

TigerintheShadows wrote:The chocolate are simply unafraid to remind the world through symbolism that they are still not perfect even in their salvation, while the vanilla feels the need to use color symbolism to make people think they're perfect by whitewashing their imperfections.
I can take your point on the chocolate, but you are entirely misunderstanding the vanilla. They did not make themselves white, so it's not putting up a pure appearance as if to be holier than though. As I said they were washed white. So their cleanliness is genuine, you can't fault them for displaying it. What would be hypocritical would be to blemish their cleanliness intentionally so as to appear less cleansed, or to make a statement, which is what I thought you said the chocolate were doing.
TigerintheShadows

Knight Fisher wrote:But what about blueberry muffins?
They have no souls. They once did, but the insertion of the blueberries robbed them. :(
bookworm wrote:As I said they were washed white. So their cleanliness is genuine, you can't fault them for displaying it.
Personally, I think that the simple act of not being chocolate keeps them from being part of the holy elect. :p But as a matter of objectivity, I suppose their holier-than-thou-ness is to be judged on whether they try to put on a show with their pure white icing or don't feel the need to put on that kind of show and just stick with the multicolored icing instead.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

So blueberry muffins are... gingers. :boohoo:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Devil's Food Cupcakes. :yes:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Simon Magus
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Simon Magus »

I feel like we should get rid of all these physical cupcakes and focus on the spiritual.
These are the hidden words that the living Jesus spoke, and that Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down. And He said: "Whoever finds the meaning of these words will not taste death."