Do you belive Christ died for your sins?

A place to come talk.

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

How can we tell though unless there's an agreed upon interpretation of the batter recipe?
Simon Magus
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Simon Magus »

You aren't really a cupcake unless you have the hidden recipe.
These are the hidden words that the living Jesus spoke, and that Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down. And He said: "Whoever finds the meaning of these words will not taste death."
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

If I were to eat a muffin with icing on it (no matter how much it looked like a cupcake), I would be able to tell you that it's a muffin, not a cupcake.
"You shall know them by their taste." :read: :proff:
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Sometimes muffins have so much sugar in them I wonder if they're true to the label.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

I think we're mixing our metaphors at this point, aren't cupcakes true Christians and muffins unsaved people?

@JCGJ What if someone were to label a muffin recipe a cupcake recipe? How are we to know the difference?
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

John Chrysostom wrote:I think we're mixing our metaphors at this point, aren't cupcakes true Christians and muffins unsaved people?

@JCGJ What if someone were to label a muffin recipe a cupcake recipe? How are we to know the difference?
Mix it up, bake it, then taste. A cupcake is, by its very nature, rather cake-like in texture and consistency, whereas a muffin is more bread-like. A muffin is generally (though, not necessarily) more filling than a cupcake, as well.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
They/Them
Simon Magus
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Simon Magus »

Why is everyone caught up on the physical taste? Clearly all that matters is the recipe, the muffins and cupcakes themselves are just prisons for the true knowledge of the recipe.
These are the hidden words that the living Jesus spoke, and that Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down. And He said: "Whoever finds the meaning of these words will not taste death."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Are we now saying muffins can’t be saved, only cupcakes can? I thought the discussion was on the flavor, not the confection.
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

See, muffins and cupcakes just get confusing.. Are they saved, or are they not? Who knows?!

But Waffles are perfect. They don't need saving, because they are Angelic. And you don't have to taste a waffle to be able to (accurately) say, "Hey, that's a Waffle."
They/Them
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

~JCGJ~ wrote:See, muffins and cupcakes just get confusing.. Are they saved, or are they not? Who knows?!

But Waffles are perfect. They don't need saving, because they are Angelic. And you don't have to taste a waffle to be able to (accurately) say, "Hey, that's a Waffle."
What about pancakes? Pancakes and waffles are fairly similar.
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Pancakes are simply falable man's (failed) attempt to create something as fabulous as WAFFLES. :noway:
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

But what now of Liege Waffles? Are they not holding a special place of honor above all other breakfast breads?
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Wakko
Pilgrim

Post by Wakko »

~JCGJ~ wrote:Pancakes are simply falable man's (failed) attempt to create something as fabulous as WAFFLES. :noway:
Pancakes were dated as early as the 5th century, while waffles were created during the middle ages. :noway:
lImage
Wakko's some old creepy guy from the 1900's. - Paula
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

bobmac wrote:
~JCGJ~ wrote:Pancakes are simply falable man's (failed) attempt to create something as fabulous as WAFFLES. :noway:
Pancakes were dated as early as the 5th century, while waffles were created during the middle ages. :noway:
But of course! The invention of the Waffle got us out of the "Dark Ages," while flapjacks (which eventually evolved into the more modern "pancake") were the sole cause of the "Dark Ages!" If it weren't for the Waffle, we would never have advanced to where we are now. :proff:
darcie wrote:But what now of Liege Waffles? Are they not holding a special place of honor above all other breakfast breads?
Ah, yes. The invention of the Liege Waffle, in Belgium, was the inciting incident of the "Age of Enlightenment," in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
They/Them
Simon Magus
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Simon Magus »

Mr. Sunnys wrote:John: This is false. A man is saved when he accepts that Jesus Christ died for his sins on the cross, and rose again from the dead.
I'm so glad I found someone to agree with on this thread, this man speaks the truth. You don't need to actually physically do anything to be saved, simply have saving knowledge, that is all that matters. Once you have that knowledge you are saved forever and nothing can change that.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

So all the demons are saved? For the Bible says that he the demons believe an tremble.
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
Simon Magus
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Simon Magus »

A demon can't believe that Christ died for that demon's sins because Christ didn't do that. So no of course demons can't be saved. Only we humans have the insight necessary for salvation, to truly believe and understand the words of Christ. We need to move past this grace/works dichotomy that most denominations have established and realize that if I have the insight to say the prayer of salvation and truly mean what I say then that is what saves me.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Actually the reason demons can't be saved are because they are not human. They are supernatural being which were given a choice once and for all.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Simon Magus
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Simon Magus »

Isn't that what I said?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

What happened to Jesus dying for everyone? :(

Also, references?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.