13,000 posts!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Still 3 money receiving spots available in this one...
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

i mean, it's been *two* years...\:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thus the bump. Have to get these paid out finally so the books balance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, who knew that it should be such a challenge to give away money? ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I know! If it's because people are intentionally ignoring it because they assume it's a penny they'll be sorry when one of these turns out to be a real giveaway. It is going to happen at some point.

But the money was never the point of these threads anyway, the reason I make them is to celebrate my post milestones by providing an opportunity for other members to make an extra post they wouldn't otherwise have made, helping them in turn get closer to milestones of their own. The money was just a dumb thing to add an extra layer to it. That's all that was ever focused on though because everyone is so greedy. :(
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

you're really not selling it by saying "at some point" :p i think people see it as a bit of a waste of time and then they get bamboozled for a penny. cuz yes, you're technically correct that it's free money, but it could come off to people as slightly deceptive :-k

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

bookworm wrote:the money was never the point ... the reason I make them is to celebrate my post milestones by providing an opportunity for other members to make an extra post they wouldn't otherwise have made, helping them in turn get closer to milestones of their own.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

again, i'm not disagreeing, i'm just explaining how other people probably feel :p

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Sure, I'm just making the true purpose of the threads abundantly clear since it might not have been in the past. If people consciously choose to forego posting you're right they must think it's not worth their time. But if they think that, it's because they're focused on the money and missing the actual point.

Unless they understand it's a posting opportunity and still think that's a waste of time, but if that's the case why are they on a message board?