Odyssey Enigma: Road to Midland

The Mystery continues!

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
The Scribbler
I'm the Scribbler and you're not.

Odyssey Enigma: Road to Midland

Post by The Scribbler »

The Odyssey Enigma By: Kateri Plumfield

Road to Midland

We all met up at the airfield with our bags and tickets. The people who would be going were, Catspaw, EB, because he started the case and he wanted to find Andrea, and to annoy Catspaw. Myself; Mary Anne Ryan, AIOP, Trillspots, Frank and Chandler.

We then piled into the plain for the long ride to Midland International Airport. Settling into our seats, we talked about the case and passed around bags of chips and baby carrots, and thermoses of tea. We had a good landing. Then we rented a big red van to drive to the hospital.

When we arrived our little crew anxiously walked down the sterile halls, fearing the worst. In the bed they saw a young Asian girl. She could not have been more than 16, her almond eyes puffed and bruised. Her raven head wrapped in bandages.

She was starting to wake up when our crew walked in, with a strange mix of pity and relief. We were sorry for this young runaway, yet we were glad that it was not Andrea.

Frank wisped something to Chandler then walked up to the girl. They were about the same age. The two of them looked like they could have been sisters, or at least cousins.

Chandler looked at us, “You know, she is right. Andrea would stay and try to help her. Let us stay, for Andrea and her.” She looked at the girl.

In agreement we all sat around the girl. She was in to much pain to be rough and defensive, like most girls like her are. She was hurting, both in spirit and in body, and she was quite vulnerable.

Nell held her hand and gently touched her cheek, like a mother would. The young girl murmured something in Chinese; I translated it to mean something about her mother.

The girl then slowly opened her eyes, and realized that there were people in her room and the person holding her hand was no one she knew. But only kind faced strangers.

The girl was still a little out of it, but she let them sit with her. Soon a police officer came in. Caspaw quickly stood up to talk with him in the hallway.

C- I am Caspaw, Chief of Police in Odyssey. Nice to meet you.

R- I am Captan Roberts, Nice to meet you too. Is the girl the one you were looking for?

C- no, but we would like to talk to her, if you don't mind.

R- No, I don't mind at all. Just tell us if you learn anything ok.

C-Will do Captan, and Tell the chief I said Hi.

R- I will do that maam. Good bye.

C- Good bye captan.

Catspaw came back into the room and sat down again. we were all introuducing ourselves to the young girl and explaining why we were there. After everyone stoped talking for a moment, the girl spoke.

G-I hope you find her, did she run away?

Frank- We don't think so, she was older than you are.

G- oh, ok. by the way my name is Leah.

N- Tis nice to meet you Leah, now will you tell us how you got here? we won't be angry, I promise.

Everyone then nodded in agreement.

I will have to end this here, I am sorry my dear readers but I must. Stay tuned for the next edition of Odyssey Enigma...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

EB came along to bug me, huh? He's always trouble! ;)