[ 8 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 02: Stormy Weather
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:00 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,561.89
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the second album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 77.

I don’t remember reading that it was a listener contest that led to the Barclay family heading to Florida for vacation, as it states on page 77 – it must have been fun for the fans who felt responsible for that decision! :D

Page 79 is the coolest page ever, since it mentions Catspaw! \:D/ Oh wait, they didn't mean me? :(

I mentioned wanting dates on at least some pictures in the intro thread, and now I’d like to add to that in wanting dates on the artwork. It would be interesting to know when different designs were created, and I think it would be less confusing for newer fans, as well as older fans. Some of the drawings, such as of the four Barclays on page 80, have to be older, but on the page opposite to that, there’s a much newer image of Whit as Ben Franklin on page 81. There’s probably a decade separating those images, but there’s no date on any of them. I think that it would be better to have that information available. Any other opinions? Does nobody else care? I might be the only one interested at all. I didn’t really think of it before, but the more that I think about it, the more that I think it would be nice to have.

I appreciate the sensitivity to Canadians on page 81 with the reference to changing the name from Odyssey USA – it does make the show sound like it has a broader appeal without the USA part attached!

Earl Boen was Inspector Howards in “The Case of the Secret Room”! :shock: I feel like that’s something I should have known, but I don’t remember hearing/reading that before. Now that I’m playing the voice in my head, I can hear it. Cool!

I love the picture and the story under “Sound Bites” on page 84 – you can just imagine how much fun they were having! So much talent.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: 02: Stormy Weather
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:28 pm 
Former Mayor x1

Cash: 466.36
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
Catspaw wrote:
Earl Boen was Inspector Howards in “The Case of the Secret Room”! :shock: I feel like that’s something I should have known, but I don’t remember hearing/reading that before. Now that I’m playing the voice in my head, I can hear it. Cool!

Yeah they do have a resemblence

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:06 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 9.60
Catspaw wrote:
I don’t remember reading that it was a listener contest that led to the Barclay family heading to Florida for vacation, as it states on page 77 – it must have been fun for the fans who felt responsible for that decision! :D

Chris mentioned the poll in several original versions of some AIO shows, including in "Harley Takes the Case."

I was also annoyed about the lack of dates on photos when reading some of the official guide, BTW. :D

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:47 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
I don't know why I thought this but when I saw the artwork for album two (page 76) I thought that the picture was from the episode Stormy Weather, not The Case of the Secret Room. The background just kind of has a homy feel, which I would never guess as being Whit's workroom. But I'm glad I know that now. Have you ever had issues where you have a certain image in your mind about what something looks like and then a drawing comes along and you still have the perspective of your imagination and not the drawing?

I don't really like the line drawings. I think that if it were me re-designing this book I would only include the line drawings like they did on page 83. I remember when I was looking through the rough drafts for this book it drove me insane that they had the sun burst through Donna Barclay. I really wanted that to get fixed so that the sun burst didn't go through her, but I couldn't provide a rational explanation for why I wanted it that way so they left the sun burst.

I can understand the reasoning behind having dates under the drawings but I think that it would be rather boring that way. I don't know if this is possible but it would be cool if they could put something in the back of the book like an index or photo credits that have all this information. That way we don't have to look at a picture of Whit as Ben Franklin. Gary Locke and Josh Lewis. 2007. Media: Charcoal and Adobe Illustrator CS3. Original Size: 5"*7". That would get really boring I think.

Now I'm sorry if my perspective is driving you crazy, but just a few more points. . . Why do they have an illustration of Jimmy Barclay on page 84? is Jimmy mentioned on that page. . . I don't think so! Finally why is the Kids'Radio logo enclosed in a white bounding box. I find this very confining and not very attractive. I love the microphone though'that is a wonderful piece of art. Whether it's illustrator or a photograph, I'll have to ask someone.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:59 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 39.64
Bank: 660.73
I liked the quote from Dave Griffin on page 77, about initially thinking that he had done something wrong to be locked into the character of Jimmy!

So Maggie Malooly stopped playing Mrs. Barclay because she was deemed better for the role of Mrs. Kendall. But about about the other two actors who played Mary but were eventually replaced? The backstories there probably aren't that exciting, but I'd still like to know them.

Hmmm, I'll have to listen to the water scene with Nathan Hale and Irwin Springer again, since Dave Arnold thought it was good!

Haha, the behind-the-scenes original ending of "Stormy Weather" (page 82), where Connie is hurt instead of Whit, prompted mental images of Whit looking up into a tall tree that Connie is at the top of!

I loved the "two of our favorite stories about Walker Edmiston" (page 83)! One of my favorite parts of the book so far!

Despite the KYDS/Kids'/Kid's Radio controversy, it was referred to as "KYDS Kids' Radio" at least one more time - by Jimmy in "A Tongue of Fire."

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:07 pm 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Page 76: Are Tom's glasses pushed up on his head because he's not using them? Or are they up for the cartoon "shocked" effect?

Page 77: The Barclay's are in town! I really liked the Barclay family. It's a shame that they had to move on. I do wonder whatever happened to Donna... Jimmy came back, and George is back in town frequently, but where is Donna? How old is Stuart Reed Barclay?

Page 80: "BTS: Family Vacation" I didn't find that "inappropriate overstatement." It simply further encouraged me to laugh at Donna's absurdity. (Although murders do happen, I doubt too many do it quite that way...)

Page 82: I thought Sherman sounded familiar! Jack and Oscar were quite a pair! They almost beat Jared and Dwayne as conspiracy theorists and "detectives."

Page 84: I know how to solve the Army-Navy dilemma! The writers could have Whit transferred from the Army to the Navy! Something about a back incapable of digging for long periods of time...

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:27 am 
Always happy
Always happy
Ready for the Journey Ahead.

Cash: 285.13
Blog: View Blog (7)
Just got this...love it!

I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!

Offline Profile  

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:44 am 
Why am I even here?

Cash: 199.13
Bren wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

Yeah they do have a resemblence

Wow, Inspector Howards's actor was Earl Boen? :o

Offline Profile  

[ 8 posts ]