[ 6 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 04: FUNdamentals
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:02 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,646.47
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the fourth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 97.

On page 100, under “Behind the Scenes: By Faith, Noah” I was surprised to read about a negative reaction. I really like this episode and find the humorous take on Noah’s situation to be…well, humorous. ;) I’m glad that they returned to making the Bible funny again, because it is respectfully done and quite memorable!

Is anyone else mean enough to think that it looks like Whit wants to hit somebody with his pointing stick in the picture on page 101? :anxious: The cleaning lady from “The Search for Whit” comes to mind – “I should hit you with my mop!” I have no idea why that thought came to mind. As always, feel free to ignore me.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:27 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
I guess I might have missed something when I was reading this before: notice on page 100 that the first "behind the scenes" doesn't have the BTS acronym?

In regards to Whit's picture on page 101, I never believed for a second that Whit was going to hit anyone with the BROOM except for maybe a rat, a mouse named Luther or Rodney Rathbone.

Sound Bites with Bob Luttrell on page 102. I don't know if you remember that one bonus feature where they talked abou the book of "eye kings" but I find it rather funny how cute the mistakes Chris can make are. If it isn't the book of "eye kings" it's the word vehement. Or for those of you who attended the live show last month it's "rash on my feet". When she came to Colorado I asked her if she knew how to say vehement yet and she still hadn't gotten it. Chris Anthony if you're reading this I Love You!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:22 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 39.64
Bank: 660.73
I never owned album 4 until we got the Gold Audio version, and I hadn't heard "By Faith, Noah" more than once or twice before then. And I don't think too much of it. :noway:

I never caught the "Fundamental of the faith" theme of this album... and it's interesting that they considered centering all of them on Connie! I'm glad they changed their minds; some of the non-Connie-centric ones are some of my favorites here!

The BTS of "The Prodigal Jimmy" is such an "Awww!" moment! Knowing already that that scene was ad-libbed made it special, but they used one microphone and actually hugged each other? *melts*

"I can't believe I get paid to play." Great line! Indeed, most of the Foley exploits recounted in the Guide are so fun-sounding that I would've loved to be there to watch/help. Though I'm not creative enough to come up with all the sound effects on my own, let alone the technical aspects of the job.

Was Zappazoids that big of a deal in "The Mailman Cometh"?

Funny thought about Whit and the broom, Catspaw! It definitely made me laugh imagining Whit sneaking up on Connie and Robyn! :lol:

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:24 pm 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Bank: 0.00
Page 99: The stream in the picture appears too small to me to be able to drag a backpack downstream. Is it just artist's imagination here?

Page 100: I am also glad that the Adventures in Odyssey crew decided to write funny Bible stories. I'm glad they can find reverent ways to do it. As Mr. Whitaker said, "We're just using our imaginations!" (It really didn't happen quite like that!)

Page 102: "BTS: The Boy Who Didn't Go to Church" I know the story was fiction, but the ending was extremely sad. That is depressing! Everyone split up and wandered off. I guess I can't handle sad stories very well...

Page 103: If no sound effects library had a volcano sound, does at least one now? Did Dave Arnold allow his volcano sound to be used in sound libraries?

Could perhaps Robert from "Go Ye Therefore" be related to the great Robert "Mitch" Mitchell? Perhaps he is actually Mitch! Novacom messed up his memory or something...

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:54 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
Quote:
Could perhaps Robert from "Go Ye Therefore" be related to the great Robert "Mitch" Mitchell? Perhaps he is actually Mitch! Novacom messed up his memory or something...

Interesting thought but I don't think that I would go that far! You have a wild imagination there KODY. Just remember that a lot of people use voices for different characters more than once (i.e. Mary Hopkins and Jenny Whittaker, Judah bar Bethlehem and Richard Maxwell and Mr. Charles and Wooton Bassett).

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:50 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,646.47
Bank: 1,958.31
KODY 105 wrote:
Page 99: The stream in the picture appears too small to me to be able to drag a backpack downstream. Is it just artist's imagination here?

Page 102: "BTS: The Boy Who Didn't Go to Church" I know the story was fiction, but the ending was extremely sad. That is depressing! Everyone split up and wandered off. I guess I can't handle sad stories very well...

I think it's just designed to make the river look far below, plus we only see a small section of the stream, so it could be wider and more impressive in the "undisplayed" parts. :-k

The story within the story is sad, but the ending of the story that motivates the story within a story (that's a fun start to a sentence!) is happier, since at the end he does get the message and implies to Whit that he'll be in church on Sunday or something along those lines (I haven't listened to this episode in a while).

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 6 posts ]