[ 4 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 06: Mission: Accomplished
Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:04 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,646.47
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the sixth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 115.

There's a typo-ish error in page 116 under "The Price of Freedom." The second sentence of the summary reads, "Kirk's mother and Whit and step in to set things straight." Either the bolded "and" needs to be removed, or another name needs to be added in there. I would guess it's the former rather than the latter.

I like the Imagination Station progress chart on page 118 – it’s a nice way of showing some alterations in a small amount of space.

Yay for the issue of the Odyssey Times on page 119! I love the byline of Campbell Freed, a name explained in the old Guide and one that is again explained on page 123. There’s something funny about Whit endorsing fictional books in which he is a character. I feel like I need to get a magnifying glass to avoid going blind while reading the fine print, but I was able to see that the weather forecast predicts that the temperature will drop in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. :lol: Obviously this was not meant to be the most serious paper ever! Wasn’t the Odyssey Times a page in Clubhouse back in the day? I haven’t read a Clubhouse in a long time – I should go find some of my old issues! I used to love getting my Clubhouse magazine every month and I would always pay extra attention to the Odyssey stuff.

Page 120 – “Sound Bites” - I find it amusing that Katie Leigh overdubbed the voice of a young boy in “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” and used the same voice for Malanga. I’m not entirely sure what “overdubbed” means. Does that mean that I will hear something that sounds like her if I watch the movie (which I have seen before, though not for a couple years) or does that mean that it was blended with a different voice, or something else? Is it just a longer term for “dubbed”? I always thought that Malanga sounded very Connie-like, but I don’t recall thinking that the young maharaja sounded like a female. Very interesting! Okay, I just popped my copy of the movie in and listened to the maharaja speak, and it does sound like Katie Leigh! However, on the IMDB she’s only listed for the video game, so I’m not sure if it actually is her on the movie or if she was just chosen for the video game because she sounded so much like the voice on the movie. An evaluation of the credits at the end of the movie does not bring Katie Leigh’s name up anywhere, unless I missed it. Is this an error in giving Katie Leigh credit in the Guide for doing the voice in the film when it was for the video game instead, or was she not given credit for the voice work she did in the movie? As both an Indy fan and an AIO fan, I would be interested in knowing the answer!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Official KODY review
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 pm 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Bank: 0.00
Page 118: A second door is added to the Imagination Station? Is it every explicitly or even implicitly mentioned again? I can't think of any instances right now.

Page 119: Did Dave Lipson play any other characters in AIO? Sometimes I think it's Coach Zachary speaking...

Page 121: Whit wrote a book titled A Guide to Using Your Imagination. Wouldn't it be neat if FOTF had such a title published? We do need a book like that in today's society.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Official KODY review
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:12 pm 
Former Mayor

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
KODY 105 wrote:
Page 118: A second door is added to the Imagination Station? Is it every explicitly or even implicitly mentioned again? I can't think of any instances right now.

It's not uncommon for additions - or entirely new inventions - to be mentioned in one episode and then never mentioned again. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those instances. ;)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:46 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 39.64
Bank: 660.73
Whoops, another typo! Jack Davis didn't discover the tunnel in "The Underground Railroad" - it was Jack Allen (page 115)!

I liked Fred Zachary (and thought he was more of a coach than a teacher... but he did fill a lot of roles in those early years). Too bad he got complaints that limited his future on the show. :(

Interesting chart of the Imagination Station modifications. Though my mind's picture of the IS isn't as elaborate as the machine apparently is now.

I don't think Wonderworld is especially prominent in "Grand Opening." Featured, yes, but not prominent.

I too would like to know about Katie Leigh's association with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I saw the video game listing on IMDb awhile back, and the wording here confused me as well.

I liked the fuller version of Dave Arnold's "biggest studio error," (page 120) though the audio version of him telling the story is definitely irreplacable.

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

[ 4 posts ]