[ 7 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 07: On Thin Ice
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:00 am 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,081.51
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the seventh album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 123.

I like the chart with Eugene’s songs on page 128. I was always trying to figure out what he was saying in “A Day in the Life”! I love Eugene’s ukulele. \:D/

The explanation for why “One Bad Apple” took so long for most of us to hear it makes sense, but it’s absence did leave some important story points out for a lot of fans when the later “Tom for Mayor” stuff happened. I personally never heard the episode until many, many years after I heard “Tom for Mayor,” and when I found out (probably through the old Guide) that there was an episode that I hadn’t heard that explained some stuff, it made more sense!

It’s amusing to see the picture of Steve Burns next to the portrayal of Rodney on page 128. :lol: No wonder Mitch and Connie were so perfect together – Steve Burns and Katie Leigh have so much in common! They both have the gift (or not, depending on your perspective, I suppose ;)) of sounding younger than they are.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:26 pm 
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Cash: 57.68
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (4)
I have a question.
I says at the beginning of this album, that fans were asked to name this album with a name fitting the picture on the left... That is a new picture, not an old one.

"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,081.51
Bank: 1,958.31
It's new art, but it's also a new name. :) The original title of album 7 was "Courageous Characters, Fabulous Friends." Some of the Gold Audio albums that were released had a new name as well as new art work. I think that the new name is very cool (literally!) ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:55 pm 
I love the ToO!

Cash: 630.40
I didn't know that On Thin Ice was chosen by the fans!Cool!!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:56 am 
Dungeon Master

Cash: 61.30
Bank: 933.17
I may be biased, but I think it's very appropriate a Minnesotan came up with the winning title for that album ;)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:12 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Knowing now that the snow in "The Barclay Family Ski Vacation" was just shaved ice cubes, I definitely have to listen to the skiing scenes again! Impressive. :D

Regarding the picture of "Eugene in 'Ice Fishing'" (page 127), I thought he caught all of the fish he did the old-fashioned way. :-k And... I just listened to the last part of that episode, and I was right! Despite all the talk about the fancy equipment he brought, Eugene did catch his multitudes of fish with just "a piece of wood and a string"! \:D/

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:15 pm 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Bank: 0.00
LizzieG, the artist had to show how Eugene was a brainiac and was catching all those fish. Just a regular stick and line would not make a very attractive picture.

Page 126: Goof Alert! It does appear that Whit slipped up. Even if he moved after Jerry died, he would probably have a room dedicated to Jerry. But I doubt he would call it "Jerry's old room." He would probably call it "Jerry's room."

Page 128: Sound Bites I really like all the clips of Will Ryan and Hal Smith singing with the ukulele that I can hear. I don't have any of the Eugene Sings! albums, but I really like the spontaneous music.

Page 129: Odyssey's Resident Bully I thought Howie sounded familiar!

Offline Profile  

[ 7 posts ]