[ 6 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 08: Beyond Expectations
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:01 am 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,969.81
Bank: 1,958.31
se this thread to comment on the information regarding the eighth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 131.

Is the information about Bernard’s siblings names on page 130 stated in an episode? I remember reading that information in the old Guide, I think, but I don’t remember hearing it in an episode. That doesn’t make the information less valid, but I’m curious as to what I might have missed hearing!

Since I love Bernard, the information on page 131 is very fun! Actually, after I told my sister about the live show, including some funny Dave Madden moments, she said, “Let’s go watch some Partridge Family!” so we did. (Yay for old shows on DVD!) Good times. It’s funny to see a Bernard-like character on TV, not just hearing the voice, and Dave Madden is perfect for the role!

It’s so funny to read the goofs that I never noticed – on page 134 where they discuss Whit and Connie’s chess game, I never had stopped to think that their numbers (best three out of four etc.) would never get a winner. Oops!

The chart on page 135 about the Officer Harley remakes is really good. So far I’ve been a big fan of all the charts, because they communicate so much and are easy to find, but they don’t take up too much space.

I love the title on page 137 – “This Sidebar Is Absolutely Free…with a $10 Purchase: The Creation of Bart Rathbone.” :lol: Just one more story about how talented the AIO actors are!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:23 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
You had a lot of good comments about this chapter Catspaw. However on page 134 it says a game of checkers not chess. Chess is from the episode "Poor Loser". I'm rather confused about the four out of five compared to four out of seven. It just doesn't make sense to me no matter how many times I read this goof alert.

I really like the sidebar on page 137. "This Sidebar is Absolutely Free. . . witha $10 purchase" I just find that so funny! I really hope that I will get to meet Walker in Heaven someday though.

THe other thing that I like about this chapter was the behind the scenes story with Bob Luttrell on page 136 about how he dumped a huge bag of cat food on his kitche floor to get the right sound for "All's Well with Boswell" that is a funny episode. Do you remember how Jesse kept singing "There's a hole in the bottom of the sea"? I have to chuckle at that song especially when Tom Riley sings it in his truck later.

Finally in regards to the charts, they drive me insane! I have been making a table of contents for the charts because it seems like every time I try to find the chart I'm looking for I never find it! Here is what my piece of paper looks like so far:

Secret Rooms of Whit's End. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20
Chronicles of Regis Blackgaard . . . . . . . . . . . . .105
Tinkering with the Imagination Station. . . . . . . . 118
Ukulele Jam! Eugene's Music in Odyssey. . . . . . . 128
Harley's Undoing. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 135

Now take note of all the charts and how dispersed they are through the book. That is 85 pages of no charts! WHen they re-do this book I hope that I will be allowed to put in my artistic genius.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:12 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,969.81
Bank: 1,958.31
amyinodyssey wrote:
You had a lot of good comments about this chapter Catspaw. However on page 134 it says a game of checkers not chess. Chess is from the episode "Poor Loser". I'm rather confused about the four out of five compared to four out of seven. It just doesn't make sense to me no matter how many times I read this goof alert.
Oops, you're right that it's checkers, not chess.

I'm probably not the best person to try to explain the odds thing, but they have to be so that one person would be a defininitive winnder and a tie couldn't result. It's like voting with an even number of people - if there are four people voting, the vote could be 3-1, but it could also be 2-2, which means that there's a tie and nobody wins. That probably doesn't help at all - get some math person to help you out! ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:08 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 39.64
Bank: 660.73
I always like the behind-the-scenes of Dave Madden's ad-libbed laughing in "Suspicious Minds" - and about the creation of his character. :lol:

I never noticed the error of "the best three out of four," but I get it now! Unfortunately, I don't think I could explain it better than Catspaw - at least not without using way too many words. ;)

I'd like to see the episode of The Andy Griffith Show that inspired "Curious, Isn't It?"

I always wanted to know the punch line of Office O'Ryan's joke! Though I found out recently that it's revealed at the very end of "Gotcha."

I love that Walker Edmiston not just inspired the character of Bart as we know him, but that it was his idea to try Bart's voice. I love finding out that an actor was the sole inspiration for a certain plot twist (or character, in this case!).

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:24 pm 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Bank: 0.00
Page 130: Who would name their children Bettina, Beulah, Boris, and Bosco? Bernard is the one that makes the least nonsense.

Page 133: The art of Eugene and the cash register. That is really funny! I wonder if something like that would really work...

Page 134: Behind the Scenes: Bad Luck Does Bernard have family problems? Why is it that we rarely hear from his family? Does he have any kids?

BTS: Curious, Isn't It? I think I have seen that Andy Griffith Show episode. Barney Fife was so ridiculous!

Page 136: BTS: Castles and Cauldrons I am glad Dr. Dobson and the entire team reviewed the whole production process. Of all the episodes, this is the most directly scary of all. I wonder if the writing team is going to make any more episodes this serious so it will require a warning from Dr. Dobson.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:14 pm 
mosenergetika.ru

Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
KODY 105 wrote:
Page 136: BTS: Castles and Cauldrons I am glad Dr. Dobson and the entire team reviewed the whole production process. Of all the episodes, this is the most directly scary of all. I wonder if the writing team is going to make any more episodes this serious so it will require a warning from Dr. Dobson.

There is a version of "Pamela Has a Problem" with a warning from Dr. Dobson. I've heard it on the radio a couple times.

[ 6 posts ]