[ 5 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 10: Other Times, Other Places
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:08 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,697.71
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the tenth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 147.

Page 149 – It’s very cool to see the first edition of the Odyssey Times! I noticed the byline “Dr. Petronius Lawler” – is that a spoof of Phil Lollar’s name?

:lol: I like “My Take: Phil Lollar” on page 151. It sounds strangely familiar, though I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s because

Ooo, I’ll have to listen for the “Colorado Springs, Colorado” bus announcement next time I listen to “The Homecoming,” thanks to “Sound Bites” on page 151.

It would have been interesting to hear Paul McCusker’s original idea for “Waylaid in the Windy City” on page 153! That was one of the first episodes I heard and I still love it today, and I know that many others feel that way too! (It made a lot more sense after I found out who Dr. Blackgaard and Richard Maxwell were. ;)) I think the idea of Reginald Duffield’s son being involved was a really neat one – that way he could kind of return the favour that Whit did for his father so many years ago and Whit could catch up about what his old friend was up to. The episode is wonderful the way it is, but the original premise sounds really interesting too!

Online Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:48 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
I know that it isn't Christmas quite yet but I was actually listening to " Back to Bethlehem " yesterday whilest preparing a pie. If you look on my facebook page you will find that I love to cook and listen to AIO at the same time. So take that Rodney Rathbone! (Refer to episode " The Popsicle Kid ").

The " My Take: Phil Lollar " on page 151 is one of my favorite parts of the book (aside from Bob Luttrell being a mattress model). It was funny reading that part about finishing everything you start. I knew that that was supposed to be a joke but when I was reading it I wanted to verify that it was supposed to be that way.

I think that if I were writing this chapter I would have spearated the information about Connie and Eugene that is found in the " BTS: Emotional Baggage " clip because the information about both is blended into one header for the episode " Emotional Baggage " while there is information in there about " Last in a Long Line ".

Finally, I like the behind the scenes look at the writing of " Waylaid in the Windy City " it would be interesting to read that script that took place in London, but I'm happy that they kept it in the U.S. As much as I love the English I can't see something like this happening over in London.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 pm 
I love the ToO!

Cash: 650.24
On page 151,My Take:Phil Lollar has a funny misprint.He says he finishes everything he starts but it's printed star.Look's like he doesn't finish everything. :D

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:33 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 39.64
Bank: 660.73
Off-topic: I always found Eugene's conversing with Jesse and Robyn - the scene where Robyn tells them what she read in Melanie's diary - a bit strange. He seemed almost to be acting as their contemporary, and that's how Robyn acts too. :-k

When I first glanced at "My Take: Phil Lollar" I gaped at the glaring spelling error! But on close reading I got the joke and smiled.

Eugene is 28 years old! 7 + 21.5 years in captivity = 28! \:D/ ...unless I'm missing something.

The real-life inspiration for "Waylaid in the Windy City" makes me wonder how the real events concluded, Did they find out who stole the laptop? Did they recover it and its top-secret contents? Was it true that the thief hadn't known what he was stealing?

Colossal wrote:
I think the idea of Reginald Duffield’s son being involved was a really neat one – that way he could kind of return the favour that Whit did for his father so many years ago and Whit could catch up about what his old friend was up to.

As long as they changed the part about the investigating officer being a turncoat, that is! ;)

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:06 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,697.71
Bank: 1,958.31
Light Blue wrote:
Off-topic: I always found Eugene's conversing with Jesse and Robyn - the scene where Robyn tells them what she read in Melanie's diary - a bit strange. He seemed almost to be acting as their contemporary, and that's how Robyn acts too. :-k

Colossal wrote:
I think the idea of Reginald Duffield’s son being involved was a really neat one – that way he could kind of return the favour that Whit did for his father so many years ago and Whit could catch up about what his old friend was up to.

As long as they changed the part about the investigating officer being a turncoat, that is! ;)

Well, that probably would have made for a more pleasant reunion. ;) I like the idea in general.

Back to Eugene conversing as an equal - I first heard that episode when I was quite young, so I never really noticed how odd that was, but you're right, Lizzie. It works for the story, but it is a bit unusual.

Online Profile E-mail  

[ 5 posts ]