14: Meanwhile, in Another Part of Town

A place to review, discuss, analyze and appreciate the chapters within the new Official Guide in an organized manner.

14: Meanwhile, in Another Part of Town

Postby Catspaw » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the fourteenth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 179.

Page 179 – Bob Luttrell’s wife is a very special person, it seems! The dedication of the AIO staff knows no bounds.

Page 182 – “Sound Bites” – Apparently I miss lots of the cool background stuff! I’ll have to listen for Chris in the background during “Tongue of Fire.” Out of curiosity, am I the only fan missing this stuff, or do most people not hear it until after they read about it and then purposely listen for it?
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,197.89
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby amyinodyssey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:44 pm

For hearing stuff in the background I think that I miss quite a bit of stuff in the background. However (as I've said in past forums) I did hear the "Jumbo Fork" commercial in "It's All About Me" from album 40. However when they point out something going on in the background I make sure to listen for it.

I don't have many too many comments for this chapter. On pages 180-181 I love the Meanwhile in another Part of Town being white on a grey background it has a nice pop to it. However on page 181 I hate that they put the summary for Timmy's Cabin by itself on a dessert island. As a graphic designer I was taught that this is a big no no! You have to have related items grouped together and with Timmy's Cabin sitting all by itself it just looks bad to me.

Otherwise, I loved this chapter.
I'm finally not a No0b
amyinodyssey

Cash on hand: 0.00

Re:

Postby Nathan Hoobler » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:55 pm

amyinodyssey wrote: I hate that they put the summary for Timmy's Cabin by itself on a dessert island.

A dessert island sounds scrumptious!
AIO Writer
Nathan Hoobler

Cash on hand: 54.22

Re: 14: Meanwhile, in Another Part of Town

Postby Leonard Meltsner » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Wow, I think this is the first new post in the Official Guide section I've seen since I joined the ToO!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Council must persist
Leonard Meltsner

GO TEAM 1!!!

Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Cash on hand: 296.14
Bank: 1,300.00
Blog: View Blog (5)

Re: 14: Meanwhile, in Another Part of Town

Postby RyanCummings » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:13 pm

I liked the episode where Connie taught Eugene how to drive the best! It is funny how they made the sound effect of Eugene driving. They were in a car listening to the episode and whenever they turned in the episode, tey turend whether there was a road or not! LOL!
Last edited by RyanCummings on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~~RyanCummings, Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
Level 4, Adventures in Odyssey Collector
RyanCummings

Cash on hand: 12.27
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Re:

Postby Catspaw » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Nathan Hoobler wrote:
amyinodyssey wrote: I hate that they put the summary for Timmy's Cabin by itself on a dessert island.

A dessert island sounds scrumptious!

If you're going to a dessert island, you have to promise to take me, not Amy! ;)

Ryan, you're right - that's a great episode and a funny story about how they made it! :D
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,197.89
Bank: 1,958.31

Return to Reviewing The Official Guide