15: A Place of Wonder

A place to review, discuss, analyze and appreciate the chapters within the new Official Guide in an organized manner.

15: A Place of Wonder

Postby Catspaw » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:18 pm

Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the fifteenth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 187.

Page 189 - It isn't a big deal, but under the summary for "Pipe Dreams," wouldn't it be more conventional to say Charles "Chunky Thompson, with the nickname after the first name, instead of "Chunky" Charles Thompson? :-k It might be a personal preference thing.

Page 190 – “BTS: Pen Pal” – It’s interesting to read that the actress who played Jenny was not blind in real life, because just the other day my sister randomly asked me if I knew if she was or not, and I wasn’t sure. Now I know for sure!

Page 190 – “BTS: Wonderworld” – If you really want to stretch the connection to AIO actors, their fake “Stalag 5” movie was a reference to the real movie “Stalag 17,” which, if I recall correctly, is considered by some to have been an inspiration for the TV show “Hogan’s Heroes,” and Hal Smith is in one episode and Parley Baer is in three or so. It’s a circuitous route, but hey, it almost works!

Page 191 – “Cut Scenes” – I can almost hear the lines being performed. :lol: Too funny! It’s the next best thing to actually being able to hear the scene.
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,197.89
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby amyinodyssey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:05 pm

I know that this book is like 584 pages but I think that a little more work could have gone into it. I just noticed something that I think was missing: the album cover on page 189 needs to have a shadow I think. What do you think?

I have to admit that after reading page 191 with the behind the scenes dialogue I wish that they had left this part out. It seems to me that if you are going to include a part of the script where Eugene and Edwin are talking why not include parts of the script from "Roomates" (see page 168) where you hear some more funny conversations with Bernard and Eugene?

If there is one thing that I am being driven insane by is the line art with the background grey coming through. See on page 192 where Shakespeare is a line drawing with a grey swirl going through his head? Does this drive anyone else insane or am I the only one?
I'm finally not a No0b
amyinodyssey

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby Catspaw » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:57 pm

You're right that the picture of the album cover on page 189 does look a little funny without a shadow or anything.

The swirl on page 192 doesn't really bother me, but I don't have an artistic eye, so I might not be the best person to comment.
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,197.89
Bank: 1,958.31

Return to Reviewing The Official Guide