[ 7 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 16: Flights of Imagination
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:18 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,588.03
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the sixteenth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 195.

Page 198-199 – “BTS: The Mortal Coil” – I hadn’t noticed that the exact same line is used in “The Triangle.” Now I’m curious to see how similar the voice is in “The Mortal Coil,” since it was a different actor. The voice in my head when I read that line is definitely Marshal Younger from “The Triangle.” It seems like the AIO staff gets pulled in to do a variety of voices! That must keep life interesting.

Page 200 – Yay for the plug for the Odyssey Scoop! Jacob Isom deserves to have his hard work showcased. :D

Page 201 – “This is Chad Pearson” is one of my favourite older episodes, so it’s cool that lots of people got to hear it through Chick-Fil-A! (As a sidenote, I got to eat there twice while I was in Colorado – yummy!) I never realized that it was so controversial! ;) I can see how the line could be seen as problematic, but I never noticed it, probably partly because I first heard the episode when I was so young.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: 16: Flights of Imagination
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:50 am 
Former Mayor x1

Cash: 466.36
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
Catspaw wrote:
Page 198-199 – “BTS: The Mortal Coil” – I hadn’t noticed that the exact same line is used in “The Triangle.” Now I’m curious to see how similar the voice is in “The Mortal Coil,” since it was a different actor. The voice in my head when I read that line is definitely Marshal Younger from “The Triangle.” It seems like the AIO staff gets pulled in to do a variety of voices! That must keep life interesting.

which line?

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject: Re: 16: Flights of Imagination
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:25 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,588.03
Bank: 1,958.31
REGEPAW wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

which line?

Do you have your Guide yet? Once you do, this will make more sense! The line is, "I'd like you to meet Jenny. I think you've seen her at the Pasadena Library."

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:55 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 132.82
Bank: 115.64
Quote:
“BTS: The Mortal Coil” – I hadn’t noticed that the exact same line is used in “The Triangle.” Now I’m curious to see how similar the voice is in “The Mortal Coil,” since it was a different actor. The voice in my head when I read that line is definitely Marshal Younger from “The Triangle.” It seems like the AIO staff gets pulled in to do a variety of voices! That must keep life interesting

The voice is VERY Different. Listen to it on whits end website. It is 10:15 in, with the flashbacks part.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:44 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
I have to take note in this chapter that this is where my Adventure in Odyssey began. Before I started college I had heard of Odyssey but didn't really take it seriously. I listened to it off and on every once in a while. It wasn't until I heard the episode "It Is Well" that I became a true fan. "Flights of Imagination" was my very first album that I bought (or actually received as a gift from my Mom for my birthday after asking).

This chapter was really good. I love the chart on page 200 about where Odyssey isn't. I actually made a map one time with all the states on that page being highlighted out so that where Odyssey is can be discerned. Of course there are still several places where Odyssey can be. Considering it has taken this long to eliminate where Odyssey isn't, it might take a long time before a process of elimination can come down to one state. Oh and by the way, I don't have that file anymore.

I really love the photo of the Whittaker family on page 199 too. Now it's just a question of figuring out which son is Jason and which sone is Jerry. I like to believe that the one on the right is Jason and the one on the left is Jerry but that is just my hypothesis.

I listen to the episode "The Mortal Coil" whenever I need a good cry. My grandma, who I was named after, died before I was born so I think of her whenever I hear this episode.

The thing that amazes me most about the episode "This Is Chad Pearson?" is the fact that this idea of dating a hollywood celebrity was thought of years before the movie "Win a Date With Tad Hamilton".

This past summer while I was interning in the M-Group I had the opportunity to meet Landon Arnold. I had seen him several times but it wasn't until the live show started that I added two and two together and realized that he wasn't just Landon Arnold but he was Scrub! If only I could have used the same math when I sat next to his sister during the live show! I totally forgot to get her autograph for my book!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:48 am 
The Council is GREAT!
say waddup saints!?!

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
I just read almost all of the guide and I'm about to go on vacation so I don't know how much I can post in this board. However, on page 200, you could add New Mexico to the list. On page 420, In BTS of No Way In, it says that Whit said that Jason had to take a last minute trip to New Mexico.

Nonetheless, that is obvious in the fact that Wish You Were Here showed Bernard and Eugene start driving East of Iowa...

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:37 pm 
[url=http://www.wholesalenfljerseyscheapstore.com/]Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping[/url]

Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
GlennAdams wrote:
I just read almost all of the guide and I'm about to go on vacation so I don't know how much I can post in this board. However, on page 200, you could add New Mexico to the list. On page 420, In BTS of No Way In, it says that Whit said that Jason had to take a last minute trip to New Mexico.

I thought that was supposed to tie in with the Last Chance Detectives which aired right after this... but Ambrosia is in Arizona, not New Mexico. Maybe they got it confused because in "The Day Ambrosia Stood Still," Jason was heading to "Black Sands" which must be a takeoff from White Sands, New Mexico. :-k

[ 7 posts ]