17: On Earth as It Is in Heaven

A place to review, discuss, analyze and appreciate the chapters within the new Official Guide in an organized manner.

17: On Earth as It Is in Heaven

Postby Catspaw » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the seventeenth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 203.

Page 203 – Wow, until I saw the chart I didn’t realize that the Room of Consequence was used in so many episodes!

Does anyone else think that having episode numbers next to the episode names in the chart might be nice? I hadn’t thought of this earlier, but I found myself wondering how far apart all these R.O.C. episodes were, and having the episode numbers right in the chart would make that way easier than looking them all up and more accurate than guessing. It might just be me, though.

Page 207 – “My Take: Marshal Younger” – this seems to be the expanded version of a comment in the old Guide – I remember reading about Marshal Younger being told that somebody laughed at his script and later finding out how commonplace it really was, but this version has more details than my recollections from the old Guide. The picture next to the story really sells it! :lol:
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,197.89
Bank: 1,958.31

Official KODY review

Postby KODY 105 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:14 pm

The title of this album is perfect. I really like the way all the titles of the episodes are taken from the model prayer: the Lord's prayer.

Page 203: I never did like the Room of Consequence in general. It always showed dark, serious, gloomy futures. I know the users needed to learn the lessons, but I guess I just don't like dystopic worlds so much. Perhaps viewing "A Twist in Time" first has tilted my view completely.

On a related note, would "Soaplessly Devoted" and "No Boundaries" be better suited for the Transmuter? The events happen in the present-- not really the future. Also, "Gloobers" and "What Do You Think?" seem more like lessons for the Imagination Station. "Gloobers" didn't show the future-- it took real (Odyssey) time and didn't show any future outcome.

Page 206: The "On Earth as it is in Bedrock" spoof of the old album 17 cover art is hilarious! They should make that available online for downloading pleasure.

Page 207: Did Chuck Bolte pose for that picture or was that candid?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Radio Station
Radio Station
KODY 105

Cash on hand: 43.77
Bank: 0.00

Return to Reviewing The Official Guide