18: A Time of Discovery

A place to review, discuss, analyze and appreciate the chapters within the new Official Guide in an organized manner.

18: A Time of Discovery

Postby Catspaw » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the eighteenth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 209.

Page 210 – The episode information for “Hymn Writers” has an error (maybe just a typo?) for Martin Luther’s lifespan, unless he secretly lived to be 103 years old. ;) He’s listed as living from 1483-1586, but a textbook that I have lying around has his date of death listed as 1546.

Page 214 – “Sound Bites” – I don’t recall knowing that Giselle from “The Case of the Delinquent Disciples” also played the twins that spent some time with the Mulligans. I wonder if it’s fun playing twins having a conversation with each other?
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,303.07
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby darcie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:21 pm

pg 213's list of Kids' Radio episodes a couple things twice. O.T. Action News: Battle at the Kishon lists "Good Housekeeping Throughout History" and "O.T. Action News" both as the program or format. It's All About Me lists as the program "Ask Dr. Wise" and below it as "Ask Dr. Wise and Professor Brilliant." I'm thinking these were editing mistakes.
Interested in an offsite group for LBGTQ ToOers and friends to talk? Message me.

"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
darcietastical
darcietastical
darcie

Nothing to see here.

Cash on hand: 159.09

Postby Catspaw » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Have you actually heard those episodes, Darcie? To me, it makes sense to have both listed because both of those episodes have both of those different programs in them. For example, "Ask Dr. Wise" was a show that Connie talked Mitch into doing and then she wanted credit so she renamed in "Ask Dr. Wise and Professor Brilliant," with herself as Professor Brilliant. They're both different shows that were used in the same episode.

Other thoughts?
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Postby darcie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:36 pm

I considered that... as the answer to your question is obviously no. ;) So it's probably more a matter of fitting multiples for "program or format" into the correct box? It just seems awkward to me.
Interested in an offsite group for LBGTQ ToOers and friends to talk? Message me.

"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
darcietastical
darcietastical
darcie

Nothing to see here.

Cash on hand: 159.09

Postby Catspaw » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:20 am

You have heard some episodes, so I didn't want to assume. ;) I agree that it looks a little awkward, and other people might have assumed that there was an error as well, but I think that the information is correct - it's just the set-up that's potentially confusing.
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Return to Reviewing The Official Guide