[ 9 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 19: Passport to Adventure
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:22 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 4,900.47
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the nineteenth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 217.

Page 222 – The chart of actors talking to themselves – with so many talented actors, I don’t think that this is a complete list, though of course just because an actor does multiple voices doesn’t mean those characters actually talk to each other, so I could be overestimating. The obvious ones are listed, as well as one that I hadn’t realized (Kenneth Mars in “Marriage Feast”) – can anybody think of more? Nothing comes immediately to mind, but you never know! Maybe Corey Burton as Walter Shakespeare talking to Brian Dern in “Odyssey Sings”? I’ll have to listen to it again.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Official KODY review
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:20 pm 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Bank: 0.00
Page 217: "The chemistry between the actors playing Eugene and Katrina eventually clicked so well that it became difficult to imagine the show without her." I wonder why the former actor had to stop. Does the current actor work really well with Will Ryan?

Page 219: The suitcase at the top-right of the picture has a "Scotland" sticker on it. Did someone in one of these Album 19 episodes visit Scotland? I haven't heard all of them, so I don't know for sure.

Page 222: Steve Burns mentioned the Barclays and Rathbones going on vacation every year. I find it ironic that the "good guy" Barclays have left, while the "bad guy" Rathbones have stayed for all these years. I wish somehow the Barclays as a family could have stayed in the show.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: Official KODY review
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:45 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 9.60
KODY 105 wrote:
Page 219: The suitcase at the top-right of the picture has a "Scotland" sticker on it. Did someone in one of these Album 19 episodes visit Scotland?

Whit and Courtney visit the United Kingdom--probably Scotland--in the IS in "A Time for Christmas." However, the suitcase also has stickers from Mexico, Australia, and Israel--and no one visits those countries in any of these shows.

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject: Re: Official KODY review
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:48 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

KODY 105 wrote:
Page 217: "The chemistry between the actors playing Eugene and Katrina eventually clicked so well that it became difficult to imagine the show without her." I wonder why the former actor had to stop. Does the current actor work really well with Will Ryan?

If my memory serves me correctly, the problem was that the actress was unavailable when they wanted to record the Eugene Returns episodes. After that, to maintain consistency with the "new" Katrina voice, they continued to use Audrey Wasilewski, the new actress. :)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: 19: Passport to Adventure
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:15 pm 
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian
"Allons-y!"

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 2,000.00
Also, on page 222, why is everyone else cited except Pam Hayden? It cites Kenny Mars in Marriage Feast, Corey Burton in Odyssey Sings, Walker Edmiston in A Cheater Cheated, so why is Pam the only one who did not get credit? Also, she isn't listed at all in the entire guide, even in the chapter where Eugene Returns, when it talks about why the "switch" in voices happened. It simply says, "The current actress was not available." Did she just not like Odyssey or something, and decided not to have anything to do with it?

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:40 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

You're right - that's odd. :-k It could have been an error not to list the actor for that one set of characters, or perhaps Pamela Hayden didn't want her name included for whatever reason. People have a right to their own lives - she might have some reason to not want to be included. :) For her work as Katrina, I think they had said that she was unavailable when they needed her and then once they had switched voices, it didn't make sense to switch back. I do miss hearing her voice on AIO, since she did do a great job, but life goes on.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:38 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Yeah, one of the things I noticed when I first read the guide was that there wasn't one picture of Pam Hayden in the book. Odd, yes, but at least all the episodes with her playing Katrina are still available! ;)

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm 
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian
"Allons-y!"

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 2,000.00
I know! I noticed that too, and she didn't even have an interview. Her name isn't mentioned once in the entire guide! I think that she was a Jehovah's Witness if I remember correctly. Such a shame. :(

Offline Profile  

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:20 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
I'm Rockman!

Cash: 647.20
Yeah, I don't think she was a Christian. I'm ashamed to admit that I've seen a few episodes of the Simpsons and she acts in them. From some of the stuff her characters do and say, I'd be surprised if she considered herself a christian.
When it comes to consistency, in this case, I could care less. As far as I'm concerned, if Pam Hyden were available again in the new albums coming, I think she should go back to playing Katrina. She just is, in my opinion, a better match for Eugene. I know, we've argued back and forth about who's better, and I know this isn't the place to discuss it, but I just think her actress had better, more realistic interactions with Will Ryan. It was like Eugene married a girl that really seemed to fit his personality and match chemically, but then when they came back he was suddenly married to a whole new person with the same name, someone not as perfect for him in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.

Offline Profile  

[ 9 posts ]