[ 3 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 22: The Changing Times
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:23 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,697.71
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the twenty-second album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 245.

Page 249-250 – ANNAN info – Wow, the original version sounds a lot scarier! I love ANNAN, and I know a lot of other fans do as well, so I’m glad that some changes were made. I’m also really glad that they left out the part about finding Molly’s body in a river – that would have made it a bit too frightening, I think! I always assumed that she made it safely and lived happily ever after. Even the thought that something bad might have happened to her at any point never crossed my mind.

Regarding the Filby name, I find it amusing that they didn’t know “that Filby was also the name of a true-life turncoat” (p. 250) because I remember sitting in a high school class and hearing that name and laughing to myself because I thought of the AIO episode and thought that I had cracked into a clever joke that I previously hadn’t gotten. Apparently the joke was on the AIO team as well as the audience! :lol:

Page 252 – “Sound Bites” – Who else thinks that the loss of Marshal Younger’s performance reading Mary Barclay’s lines in “Unto Us a Child Is Born” wasn’t an accident? ;)

Page 253 – I think that I had heard about or noticed all of these voices except for the last one on the chart – I could just be forgetful (okay, I know that I am! ;)), but I don’t remember hearing that the voice of Dwayne Oswald also played Todd in “Under the Influence.” The chart is very handy!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:08 pm 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Bank: 0.00
Page 248: Walker Edmiston was extremely talented! Two voices in real time is just too much. I have never met a person in meatspace who can do that.

Page 251: What other episode mentions "Rakistan"? I can't think of it. Of course, it is probably one I haven't heard yet.

I did recognize the name Hassn Ben Soba from "The Three Stooges." I love that sketch of the guys trying to find the diamond!

Page 252: I wish the crew hadn't deleted Marshal Younger's performance as Mary Barclay in "Unto Us a Child is Born"! That would be a great bonus feature on the CD.

Page 253: The voice of Isaac Morton was Larry in "With a Little Help from My Friends"? I would have never guessed. Maybe I need to listen to that episode again...

I could tell Donald Long played Greg Kelly in "Waylaid in the Windy City." I recognized his voice almost right away!

I always thought Todd's voice was familiar. Now I know who he sounds (exactly) like.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:05 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,697.71
Bank: 1,958.31
KODY 105 wrote:
Page 251: What other episode mentions "Rakistan"? I can't think of it. Of course, it is probably one I haven't heard yet.

Besides the two on the page that you cited? :anxious: Your wording is confusing me, so I don't know if you meant "what other episode besides those two?" or not. They say that it was used in "A Name, Not a Number" (such a great episode!) and they say it was also used in "Room Enough For Two." I'm trying to remember if it's also mentioned in "A Lamb's Tale." Another episode doesn't immediately come to mind, but there could be more.

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 3 posts ]