[ 4 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 35: The Big Picture
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:40 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,965.21
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the thirty-fifth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 353.

Page 356 – “Cut Scenes” on the right side of the page – When I first heard “Memories of Jerry” I got mixed up on the name of his friend (when you’re younger, Plato and Playdough sound essentially the same) so I especially appreciate the joke that was almost in “The Great Wishy Woz.” :lol:

Page 357 – “My Take: Marshal Younger” – How awful is it that somebody used AIO to plagiarize a poem?! Apparently they should have listened to “Poetry in Slow Motion” instead. ;) It would be interesting to know what grade she got on the poem! Poor Marshal Younger may never know if he could have passed grade 6 English again. :lol:

Page 359 – There are a lot of stories about John Campbell saving the day, so I decided to comment on one. He’s one more talented person who has been with AIO throughout the years and is clearly an important part of it’s success.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:27 pm 
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Cash: 1,066.72
Bank: 4,500.00
It's amazing to me how many story plots ended up changing just because the actor wasn't available at that time.

For instance; the fact that AREM was originally going to be Richard Maxwell but couldn't be cuz the actor wasn't there. I nearly cried when I read that part!! :(
Of course, if there was Richard, then there would have been no Mitch... :-k

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:22 pm 
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author
Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse

Cash: 231.86
Blog: View Blog (13)
JellyPaw wrote:
It's amazing to me how many story plots ended up changing just because the actor wasn't available at that time.

For instance; the fact that AREM was originally going to be Richard Maxwell but couldn't be cuz the actor wasn't there. I nearly cried when I read that part!! :(
Of course, if there was Richard, then there would have been no Mitch... :-k

I agree with that.... seriously, though, HOW MANY PLOT LINES have to change because of some actor NOT ABLE TO SHOW?! Man...

Yeah, agree again. If there had been Maxwell, there would have been no Mitch... but, hey, in our minds (or Rachel Maxwell's) there is Richard and Mitch in the Novacom arc... Maxwell is just a behind-the-action thing, and never heard from. Though...

You cried? Dude, I've known it for so long... but, still, disheartening. What would have it been like to have Richard Maxwell instead of Mitch? Would Connie have ever gotten a boyfriend/fiance? It's all questions we all have to answer in our own minds... I like to think it was altered ONLY slightly.... because everyone knows Maxwell. Mitch was new.... so, had it been Maxwell, there had been a little more to what we all ready know about the crazy character, and maybe there could have been a relationship between Connie and Richard... but.... that's for me to think, and you to take up as your own or not!

It was a good chapter. I love how at the beginning of the chapter they talked about how Paul McCusker thought up the whole thing for Novacom. And then it was edited a million times.. or SO IT SEEMS!

I love how in BTS: Opportunity Knocks (Page 357-358) the name for Novacom went through many changes and drafts before ending up as that.... I mean, some of those names.... WOW! I knew where the name Arthur Dent also came from... I heard it somewhere.. and it wasn't from the Official Guide either... oh, well, I can't remember. Been a while.

I never knew AREM was initially voiced by... Bob Luttrell. You know, there's a character and a voice to the name... SO WEIRD!

It's sad that Nathan Carlson couldn't record... if only.... man, dreams gone... and WE'RE STILL BEGGING FOR RICHARD MAXWELL TO COME BACK, Mr. NATHAN HOOBLER! (Yes, I've seen him reading every so often this place.... GET THE HINT???)

Just to say, I didn't like The Great Wishy Woz..... seriously. I've never listened to it since the first time I heard it.... and I'm not tempted to listen ever again... it's weird! Oh, and The Wizard of Oz? I've never even seen the actual movie! (I do know a little something to dow ith a play, and someone I like... never mind...)

Okay, I'm good with this post... LOVED THIS CHAPTER! DUH!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:07 am 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Bank: 0.00
Page 353: The Novacom Saga begins! Looking back, this album is so significant.

Page 356: Kris Kachurak returns! I knew this voice was familiar... Dwayne was a great character as Jared's sidekick and his own brainiac main character.

It's a good thing in my mind that Ellis Birch didn't play the Maharishi/Mystical Mountain Lion. I didn't like him at all. Jack Allen does KYDS Radio very well, however.

Page 357: The paragraph about "Best Laid Plans" doesn't explain why the plot was changed. Well, I guess that the love-interest angle wouldn't work with Whit quite right, so that makes sense. But Whit certainly would have been great preaching at the Timothy Center. The paragraph also doesn't explain why the show was only recorded or aired two years after it was written. Why couldn't it be used for the opening of the Timothy Center?

I never noticed the connection between Arthur Dent's comment, "I'd love to pick your brain," and the Novacom mind-control plot. I wonder if that was intentional...

Offline Profile  

[ 4 posts ]