[ 18 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: Welcome to the Official Guide subforum!
Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:00 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 4,904.33
Bank: 1,958.31
Everyone,

Fans have been given a gift (well, technically, fans have been given the opportunity to purchase themselves a gift ;)) - a brand new Official Guide to Adventures in Odyssey, written by the wonderful Nathan Hoobler and the rest of the AIO team! \:D/ Since we won't have new episodes for a little while to keep us busy reviewing, we all have more time to dedicate to reading and reviewing our new Official Guides! Thanks to shasta for posting his idea for this subforum. This is a place to say the good things and the things that we wished had been done differently and any other comments or observations that you have to add.

Right now there are fewer threads than chapters, as you either have already noticed or soon will. My goal was to start each thread and to have my comments already prepared as a jumping-off point for each chapter, but after hours and hours of reading and writing and many pages on a Word document later, I realized that I shouldn't force everyone else to wait for my reviews before they can post! Some of what I have to say is just personal reminisces and may not be of value to anyone else; other comments refer to typos or things that I think could have been done a little differently. Each person has their own unique comments to add, and I look forward to seeing what you all have to say, as well as continuing my own reviewing. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed my time reading through the Official Guide, and I hope that the rest of you are as well, or will soon be able to do so!

With so many creative people on the ToO, topics will likely emerge that are not solely based on one of the chapters from the Guide - that's fine, and I look forward to seeing what interesting topics are developed! :D

A warning for those who have not yet purchased their Guide: some comments will not make much sense, though of course you can read through the threads if you would like to. I often refer to a specific part of a page but don't explain in detail what I'm referring to. This subforum will be of the most use to those who keep their Guide nearby or are somewhat familiar with it's contents. Of course, if something is particularing intriguing, feel free to ask for more details and I'm sure that somebody will be happy to elaborate!

Happy reviewing to all! :D

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:35 pm 
I guess I'll stick around

Cash: 5.00
Bank: 0.00
Haven't really listened to much of AIO. Maybe this guide will be helpful...

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:24 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
Vote King Regis!

Cash: 108.92
I'm leaving right now to get my guide! I feel like I'm the last person on earth (let alone the ToO) to get one, but I finally found one! YAY!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :thewave:

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:30 pm 
Hamster
Hamster
is.

Cash: 1.33
Bank: 179.28
Blog: View Blog (2)
King Butter Turtle wrote:
I'm leaving right now to get my guide! I feel like I'm the last person on earth (let alone the ToO) to get one, but I finally found one! YAY!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :thewave:
I don't have one. :(

Will you share? \:D/

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:28 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!

Cash: 10.87
Abraham Lincoln wrote:

I dont have one yet either

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:32 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
Vote King Regis!

Abraham Lincoln wrote:

I'll share, but if you borrow it you have to let me go with it where ever you take it. As it's bodyguard I'll make sure that you are properly polishing it every twenty minutes and are handling it with respect. Of course if you're borrowing a book that has to have a bodyguard it's assumed that you will feed and take care of the bodyguard. Other than that, ya stop by any time.

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:29 pm 
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Milo Yiannopoulos

Cash: 567.29
Blog: View Blog (4)
Abraham Lincoln wrote:

I'll share, but if you borrow it you have to let me go with it where ever you take it. As it's bodyguard I'll make sure that you are properly polishing it every twenty minutes and are handling it with respect. Of course if you're borrowing a book that has to have a bodyguard it's assumed that you will feed and take care of the bodyguard. Other than that, ya stop by any time.

You can lend it to me! I borrow library books all of the time, so I have more experience and a better rep than the others!!! :D

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:33 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 6.32
My full review is available at http://www.odysseyscoop.com/merchandise ... lGuide.htm

All in all, great book.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:43 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
Great review, Jacob! Loved it!

That's an interesting idea about a closing chapter, maybe they should do this in a future edition.

The very last page of the book, in the color insert, seems more of an appropriate ending to me so I like that it's the true end.

peace,
-king shasta

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:03 am 
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Haven't read the entire book unlike Jacob, however I've read up to...I think it's been album 15 and I've been impressed and it's been hard to put down each night. The Behind the Scenes, Goof Alerts, and My Takes have all been great, but I especially like hearing Paul McCusker's take on the stories and I thought it was really funny how they talked about when Chris read the wrap up and said I (like eye) Kings :lol:

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:53 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
Vote King Regis!

Agent3xq wrote:
Haven't read the entire book unlike Jacob, however I've read up to...I think it's been album 15 and I've been impressed and it's been hard to put down each night. The Behind the Scenes, Goof Alerts, and My Takes have all been great, but I especially like hearing Paul McCusker's take on the stories and I thought it was really funny how they talked about when Chris read the wrap up and said I (like eye) Kings :lol:

That was on 500!, but it was very funny. There's been a surprising amount of information and stories in the guide that have been told before. But hey, the more AIO behind the scenes the better (even if repeated) I guess. \:D/

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:23 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Aside from glancing at the pictures and reading a few snippets, I haven't read the Guide yet :( Life has been so hectic since the live show, and I've wanted to wait until I could truly "feast" on it without other trivial distractions (like homework and sleep) getting in the way ;)

Luckily, though, that time seems to be almost upon me! I shall start reading (and posting in) this wonderful forum hopefully within the next day or so.

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:33 pm 
Miss Whit's End
Happily married to the love of my life :inlove:

Cash: 10.42
I finally, finally got the Official Guide today! \:D/ I've looked through it, but haven't had time to actually read it yet. That will come. I'm just thrilled that I have it! \:D/

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:43 pm 
I got this...

Finally getting a copy myself is what brought me back to this amazing place! \:D/ O:)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:30 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
say waddup saints!?!

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
I just got my guide for christmas!! I'm so excited. I'll post my reviews later... after I've read the book.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:46 pm 
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Milo Yiannopoulos

Cash: 567.29
Blog: View Blog (4)
I got my book today, read it all today, and fell in love with it today!!! :D

Now I can actually REVIEW it!!! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Official Guide subforum!
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:36 pm 
Chief of Police

Cash: 345.81
Blog: View Blog (1)
Obviously a bump, but this is a bumpable topic. ;)

I (actually, my brother did it for me) just ordered the Official Guide! I'm excited! I've skimmed through it at my local Agape bookstore, but it was like $20-25, and I didn't want to pay that much. This was only $6 at CBD, and because it was bundled with other stuff (inluding Odyssey tracts and posters), shipping was free! I'm finally catching up to the fandom of everyone else. \:D/

Post Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Official Guide subforum!
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:17 pm 
I guess I'll stick around
Odyssey Calendar Photographer

Cash: 242.84
My sister and I have been looking at the Official Guide and are curious as to why each album episode isn't numbered in order. For example they might have episode 134, 135, 150, 152, 165, and so on. Why did they skip numbers in between? If I listen to the albums in chronological order do I listen by album or by literal episode number?

Offline Profile  

[ 18 posts ]