[ 1 post ] 
 Post Post subject: 39: Friends, Family and Countrymen
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:03 am 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 4,900.47
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the thirty-ninth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 389.

Page 393 – “BTS: For Trying Out Loud” - Now one of my toughest trivia questions has been ruined, thanks to the Official Guide. ;) In a trivia thread here on the ToO I asked anybody to name an episode that had at least four celebrity spoof names, or something along those lines, and it took a long time for somebody to get the right answer! I miss some background lines, but I caught this one early on. I don’t know who Chris O”Donnell is, though, so I wouldn’t have known who they were spoofing there.

Page 394-395 – “The True History Behind ‘The American Revelation’” – I haven’t listened to this episode recently, but I’m always happy to see historical facts behind fictionalized accounts! (Not fiction in the sense that it’s made up, but in the sense that the writers filled in some unknown details and added Marvin to the story.) It’s cool how AIO was able to share a story that isn’t heard as often – some previous historical episodes have been done on more commonly known information, which is fine, but this is very special. I liked the quote from Paul Herlinger on page 389, where the writing of the episode is discussed. He told John Fornof, “I always enjoy Odyssey, but today I was enlightened.” I think that a lot of fans could echo those sentiments! I’ll have to listen to that episode again soon to refresh my memory.

Page 396 – I seem to recall noticing that there used to be a John Beebee and now there was a John Fornof, since I always listen to the credits at the end of each episode, so it’s interesting to see that this is when that change occurred. It makes me curious as to the reason behind it, though that might be personal, or just too boring to want to share! ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 1 post ]