[ 7 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: 42: No Way Out
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 6,145.59
Bank: 1,958.31
Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the forty-second album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 415.

Page 419 – “BTS: Eggshells” – should line three of this section be in italics? I think that just the name of the move “Casablanca,” the first word of the fourth line, should be italicized. I haven’t seen “Casablanca,” but I will get around to it one of these day! I did know that they were spoofing it a bit, since some of those lines are quite well known. It wasn’t until recently, when I was looking at a map of Colorado, that I realized where they probably got the idea for the city name

Page 420 – “Cut Scenes” – I would have loved to hear Wellington do the Hokey Pokey, though the Chicken Dance was fun too! I don’t remember this being a bonus feature in the album, but I think that it would be a fun one!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:30 pm 
Chief of Police

Cash: 419.27
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
I remember listening to the episode No Way Out on a Saturday morning. I stayed in bed as I listened to it, so I was half asleep. So I half listened to it and half dreamed I was actually Whit in the locked room. That was so cool, so I'll always enjoy it when I hear it.

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:49 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
Something about the graphic on page 417 really makes it stand out to me.

Really love the design of this book! A little dark in places, but great overall.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:52 pm 
Chief of Police

shasta wrote:

Really love the design of this book! A little dark in places, but great overall.

May I ask what you're talking about? What's page 417?

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 6,145.59
Bank: 1,958.31
American Eagle wrote:
shasta wrote:

May I ask what you're talking about? What's page 417?

Do you have the new Official Guide, American Eagle? :-k That would probably help you out, if you could refer to a book as you go through these threads.

On page 417 there is a picture of an edition of the Odyssey Scoop. This one was apparently from the February 2004 edition of Clubhouse magazine. It makes me miss the good old days, when my Clubhouse came every month. :D

Shasta, I noticed this page myself the first time I went through the Guide, though I never commented on it - it does indeed look like a good issue! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:19 pm 
Chief of Police

Catspaw wrote:
Do you have the new Official Guide, American Eagle? :-k That would probably help you out, if you could refer to a book as you go through these threads.

Yes, I thought of that after I posted the above. But thanks for explaining it, and no, I don't have mine... yet. Thanks.

Post Post subject: Re: 42: No Way Out
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:28 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
I'm Rockman!

Cash: 647.20
With Wellington doing the Chicken dance, it's always sort of bugged me that he doesn't actually do the real dance. I mean, the music in the background isn't even anything like the chicken dance. It's probably a copyrighted song, but if the Hokey Pokey version had been the real song, I'd vote that they should have used that version :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.

Offline Profile  

[ 7 posts ]