42: No Way Out

A place to review, discuss, analyze and appreciate the chapters within the new Official Guide in an organized manner.

42: No Way Out

Postby Catspaw » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm

Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the forty-second album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 415.

Page 419 – “BTS: Eggshells” – should line three of this section be in italics? I think that just the name of the move “Casablanca,” the first word of the fourth line, should be italicized. I haven’t seen “Casablanca,” but I will get around to it one of these day! I did know that they were spoofing it a bit, since some of those lines are quite well known. It wasn’t until recently, when I was looking at a map of Colorado, that I realized where they probably got the idea for the city name

Page 420 – “Cut Scenes” – I would have loved to hear Wellington do the Hokey Pokey, though the Chicken Dance was fun too! I don’t remember this being a bonus feature in the album, but I think that it would be a fun one!
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,303.07
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby American Eagle » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:30 pm

I remember listening to the episode No Way Out on a Saturday morning. I stayed in bed as I listened to it, so I was half asleep. So I half listened to it and half dreamed I was actually Whit in the locked room. That was so cool, so I'll always enjoy it when I hear it.
"Eating three pieces of KFC chicken does NOT make you drunk, throw up, or in Moses' case defile himself."
—American Eagle, September 9, 2008.
Chief of Police
American Eagle

Cash on hand: 379.83
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby shasta » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:49 pm

Something about the graphic on page 417 really makes it stand out to me.

Really love the design of this book! A little dark in places, but great overall.
I'm finally not a No0b
shasta

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby American Eagle » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:52 pm

shasta wrote:Something about the graphic on page 417 really makes it stand out to me.

Really love the design of this book! A little dark in places, but great overall.

May I ask what you're talking about? What's page 417?
"Eating three pieces of KFC chicken does NOT make you drunk, throw up, or in Moses' case defile himself."
Chief of Police
American Eagle

Postby Catspaw » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 pm

American Eagle wrote:
shasta wrote:Something about the graphic on page 417 really makes it stand out to me.

May I ask what you're talking about? What's page 417?

Do you have the new Official Guide, American Eagle? :-k That would probably help you out, if you could refer to a book as you go through these threads.

On page 417 there is a picture of an edition of the Odyssey Scoop. This one was apparently from the February 2004 edition of Clubhouse magazine. It makes me miss the good old days, when my Clubhouse came every month. :D

Shasta, I noticed this page myself the first time I went through the Guide, though I never commented on it - it does indeed look like a good issue! \:D/
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,303.07
Bank: 1,958.31

Postby American Eagle » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Catspaw wrote:Do you have the new Official Guide, American Eagle? :-k That would probably help you out, if you could refer to a book as you go through these threads.

Yes, I thought of that after I posted the above. But thanks for explaining it, and no, I don't have mine... yet. Thanks.
Chief of Police
American Eagle

Re: 42: No Way Out

Postby Dallas R. » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:28 pm

With Wellington doing the Chicken dance, it's always sort of bugged me that he doesn't actually do the real dance. I mean, the music in the background isn't even anything like the chicken dance. It's probably a copyrighted song, but if the Hokey Pokey version had been the real song, I'd vote that they should have used that version :)
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
I'm finally not a No0b
Dallas R.

I'm Rockman!

Cash on hand: 647.20

Return to Reviewing The Official Guide