49: The Sky's the Limit

A place to review, discuss, analyze and appreciate the chapters within the new Official Guide in an organized manner.

49: The Sky's the Limit

Postby Catspaw » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:12 pm

Use this thread to comment on the information regarding the forty-ninth album of Adventures in Odyssey! \:D/ This section starts on page 477.

Page 477 – “An Era of Changes: The Writing of ‘A New Era’” – Wow, it’s scary to read about what might have been! I’m sure that most or all fans agree with me that it’s wonderful that Will Ryan was able to continue to voice Eugene! It would have been sad to see Eugene leave again after only being back for a few albums. I’m happy that he was able to stay! It sounds like this episode had a lot of revisions, but I think that the final one sounds like the best!

Page 478 – summary of “Something Significant” – I don’t think that “ancient India” is an accurate description – Amy Carmichael lived from 1867 to 1951, according to the most reliable source in the world, Wikipedia, ;) so “ancient” really doesn’t seem appropriate.

Page 480 – Aww, cute picture of Jess Harnell (Wooton) and Melissa Disney (Victoria) together! I think it would be nice if Victoria popped up again in the future – she was really nice, and maybe she and Connie could become friends, though it could seem a little too much like Katrina’s conversion. But hey, the AIO team is a very creative group, so if Victoria does come back, I’m sure that it would be unique and special. I thought that it was cool when I recognized Melissa Disney’s name at the end of “Wooing Wooton,” because I remembered that she played Monica Stone. :D

Page 481 – “My Take: Marshal Younger” - :hilarious: Okay, in my wildest dreams I never would have expected to read such a story. I have only one question: Is any of that footage still available? :-

Page 482 – “Ode to an Angel” – What a nice dedication. Just reading it and looking at the picture is making me start to tear up. I don’t know what to say, but I felt like I wanted to say something.

Page 483 – “Good-bye Eugene!” – Nice poem! It’s a fun way to describe Eugene, but I find it hard to believe that it’s something that Bernard would ever write! :lol:
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,197.89
Bank: 1,958.31

Re: 49: The Sky's the Limit

Postby Danielle Abigail Maxwell » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:52 am

Catspaw wrote:Page 478 – summary of “Something Significant” – I don’t think that “ancient India” is an accurate description – Amy Carmichael lived from 1867 to 1951, according to the most reliable source in the world, Wikipedia, ;) so “ancient” really doesn’t seem appropriate.

please, oh please tell me you're wrong! "Most reliable source, Wikipedia"? I wouldn't be so sure about that, Catspaw...

Ancient India.... a fair description till maybe... 1900's or something. I'm not sure what my take is on that....

Unfortunately, I can't remember much in this chapter, and it's 6 in the morning and I'm feleing sick, so maybe I'll post my thoughts later... I have school anyway. That's all for now... I think...
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author
Danielle Abigail Maxwell

Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse

Cash on hand: 228.66
Blog: View Blog (13)

Re: 49: The Sky's the Limit

Postby Catspaw » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:18 pm

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Page 478 – summary of “Something Significant” – I don’t think that “ancient India” is an accurate description – Amy Carmichael lived from 1867 to 1951, according to the most reliable source in the world, Wikipedia, ;) so “ancient” really doesn’t seem appropriate.

please, oh please tell me you're wrong! "Most reliable source, Wikipedia"? I wouldn't be so sure about that, Catspaw...

Ancient India.... a fair description till maybe... 1900's or something. I'm not sure what my take is on that....

Unfortunately, I can't remember much in this chapter, and it's 6 in the morning and I'm feleing sick, so maybe I'll post my thoughts later... I have school anyway. That's all for now... I think...

I was most definitely kidding about Wikipedia being a reliable source, but in this case, I think it's accurate, and I know for sure that it's accurate enough for my purposes, which is to say that "ancient" is the wrong word. Generally it would refer to further back than a century ago. If I referred to ancient Greece or ancient Egypt, nobody would think, "Hmm, does she mean several thousand years ago or less than two hundred years ago? I just have absolutely no clue!"
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Catspaw

Cash on hand: 5,197.89
Bank: 1,958.31

Return to Reviewing The Official Guide