Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:28 am 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Bank: 0.00
Jonathan wrote:
In regards to your first category--there is nothing wrong with reminiscing, it merely needs to be done with moderation and balance.

I concur.

Or as some people put it, quoted for truth.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:27 am 
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob
the guy who used to watch a lot of films

Cash: 1,066.72
Bank: 4,500.00
Jonathan wrote:
In regards to your first category--there is nothing wrong with reminiscing, it merely needs to be done with moderation and balance.

I know. :D It was a joke.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:55 pm 
mosenergetika.ru

Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
David O wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
What is your opinion on the 'newbie generation' of the ToO?

I think that the "newbie" generation, as you put it, is very similar to the "newbie" generation of the Town Hall, and the Mole Boards. Nostalgia tends to cloud memory. The truth is that each of these boards had younger users, some of which were immature and may have been frustrating (at the time) to the older members, while others where worthy contributors shortly after getting used to the place. The only thing that has changed today is that the proportion of older users to younger users has changed, as the size of the board has grown, and the age of the average internet user has dropped.

Amen, David. :yes: I remember when I first found the Town Hall years ago I was 17 and felt like I was one of the oldest people there!

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:29 pm 
Solicitor Non Grata
"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Cash: 602.58
Bank: 152.25
I'm not sure the question has been asked recently but I'm fairly certain that aging and changing interests has a lot to do with why a number of users no longer post.

Another added factor is that a few of us no longer keep up with the newest AIO trends which means,consequently, that a lot of the discussions here aren't as captivating to a non-listener.

And while its certainly fun to discuss lighthearted topics from time to time, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep the "real world" seriousness from infiltrating things online as well.

So in the end I suppose its all a product of a sort of regrettable inevitability.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:40 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
home and happy

Cash: 57.84
Blog: View Blog (2)
Chandler wrote:
David O wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

I think that the "newbie" generation, as you put it, is very similar to the "newbie" generation of the Town Hall, and the Mole Boards. Nostalgia tends to cloud memory. The truth is that each of these boards had younger users, some of which were immature and may have been frustrating (at the time) to the older members, while others where worthy contributors shortly after getting used to the place. The only thing that has changed today is that the proportion of older users to younger users has changed, as the size of the board has grown, and the age of the average internet user has dropped.

Amen, David. :yes: I remember when I first found the Town Hall years ago I was 17 and felt like I was one of the oldest people there!

I was around 14 when I started on TH....I was 17 when I started ToO.....does that make you feel old? ;)

ImageImageImageImage

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:30 pm 
mosenergetika.ru

Mountain_Girl wrote:
Chandler wrote:
David O wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

I was around 14 when I started on TH....I was 17 when I started ToO.....does that make you feel old? ;)

Haha, what makes me feel old is how old I felt back then and now how young it looks to me now. Or something like that... :anxious:

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:32 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
home and happy

Chandler wrote:
Mountain_Girl wrote:
Chandler wrote:
David O wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

Haha, what makes me feel old is how old I felt back then and now how young it looks to me now. Or something like that... :anxious:

lol....yeah....I'm 19, I will be 20 in May and I will be 20 for a little over a month when I get married. When I look back it really makes me feel old. ](*,) sometimes I wanna go back in time when we all had fun on here and on the chat.....want me to not go out into the world...which is looking pretty scary right now.

ImageImageImageImage

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:00 pm 
mosenergetika.ru

Mountain_Girl wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Mountain_Girl wrote:
Chandler wrote:
David O wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

lol....yeah....I'm 19, I will be 20 in May and I will be 20 for a little over a month when I get married. When I look back it really makes me feel old. ](*,) sometimes I wanna go back in time when we all had fun on here and on the chat.....want me to not go out into the world...which is looking pretty scary right now.

Haha, I understand the sentiment but you can't cling to the past. It just doesn't work. :|
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! How exciting! \:D/

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:41 pm 
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Old... but not obsolete.

Highscores: 1

Cash: 9,999,999,994,415,310.00
Bank: 5,584,680.26
Blog: View Blog (1)
I was 35 when Switchflood created the TH! \:D/

I'm bored today so come ask me questions here as the topic suggests.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:24 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
say waddup saints!?!

Cash: 14.32
Bank: 65.49
The Top Crusader wrote:

Man Top, you ARE old. :)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:35 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
home and happy

GlennAdams wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:

Man Top, you ARE old. :)

yeah you are old! wow! .....BTW......answer my PM!!!!!!! :insane:

ImageImageImageImage

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6