AIO Blogcast 45: The Last Episode

The Adventures in Odyssey Blogcast discussion thread

The place to discuss all of the AIO-related podcasts!

Re: AIO Blogcast 18: Interview with Phil Lollar Part 1!

Postby Peachey Keen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Season 3 of the AIO Blogcast is here and what a way to start! In this episode, you'll hear Natasha and I interview Phil Lollar, the creator of Odyssey. In it, you'll get to hear about why Blackgaard returned in Blackgaard's Revenge, the reason behind the split episodes, find out the AIO spin-off show that could have happened during the split era, and lots more!
It's our longest podcast ever, clocking in at 1:34:13! So go ahead and listen to the podcast that could become your favorite!

Tell me what you think!
I love the ToO!
Peachey Keen

Cash on hand: 649.16

Postby American Eagle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 pm

"Aside from the fact that I wrote it in a book?"
"...naw, I'm just kidding with you."

:hilarious: That was a hilarious line.

I listened part way through, but an hour and thirty-five minutes is just too long for me. :boohoo:
"Eating three pieces of KFC chicken does NOT make you drunk, throw up, or in Moses' case defile himself."
—American Eagle, September 9, 2008.
Chief of Police
American Eagle

Cash on hand: 379.83
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Bren » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Maybe it is just me but I have yet to get any player to go past an hour and 18 mins. :(

Former Mayor x1
Bren

Cash on hand: 466.36

Postby 31899 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:32 am

I'm listening to it in sections, but it sounds great so far. \:D/

The Council isn't corrupt

Cash on hand: 1,101.23

Postby Bennett » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:51 am

Hmm. Just finished it. Good work guys. It certainly filled in a few gaps, and confirmed a few suspicions, that I had about some moments in Odyssey.
The Council must persist
Bennett

Cash on hand: 41.60

Postby Bren » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:27 pm

Not bad. Though, it does let the cat out of the bag.

Former Mayor x1
Bren

Cash on hand: 466.36

Postby EMBEE » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Great interview! I loved the story about Alan Young.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
I love the \:D/ smiley
EMBEE

Hi-ho!

Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Cash on hand: 137.32
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby King Butter Turtle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:35 pm

I finally got around to listening this weekend. Great job, guys. That was a terrific interview! =D>
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
The Council is GREAT!
King Butter Turtle

Vote King Regis!

Cash on hand: 108.92

Re: Jungle Jam? Blogcast 19: Interview with Phil Lollar Part 2!

Postby Peachey Keen » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Get jamming! Our latest podcast is a special Jungle Jam edition! In the final part of our interview we talk all about Jungle Jam, including blanket forts, 45 minute laughs, and psycological bedtime stories. What does all this mean? Listen to the podcast to find out!

Oh, and Phil plays Millard in this one!

Last edited by Peachey Keen on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love the ToO!
Peachey Keen

Postby EMBEE » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:00 pm

I've never listened to Jungle Jam... is there a place online where I can hear an episode?
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
I love the \:D/ smiley
EMBEE

Hi-ho!

Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Cash on hand: 137.32
Highscores: 1

Postby Leonard Meltsner » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 pm

I remember Jungle Jam from when I was REALLY little, before I listened to Odyssey! Oh, those dark days...
Last edited by Leonard Meltsner on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Council must persist
Leonard Meltsner

GO TEAM 1!!!

Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Cash on hand: 296.14
Bank: 1,300.00

Postby Aaron Wiley » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:59 am

"those parents, they really are psychological monsters"

Lollin.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
I'm finally not a No0b
Aaron Wiley

AT WAR WITH THE TOO

Cash on hand: 87.34
Bank: 624.15

Postby Jacob Isom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:32 pm

I grew up with Jungle Jam, bought all the cassettes and eventually the CD versions when they came out. I'll be the first one to order the series if they re-release them with those bonus features mentioned in the interview. :)
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
I'm finally not a No0b
Jacob Isom

Cash on hand: 6.32

Postby Taps » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:05 pm

I love Jungle Jam! I have all the CD's unless I am missing something. Good podcast guys!!
I'll catch up to Bren!
Taps

Well check it out, I have all the power! HA!

Cash on hand: 331.03
Blog: View Blog (28)

Re: AIO Blogcast 20: Celebrating 20 Episodes of Podcasting!

Postby Peachey Keen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:47 pm

20 is a big number and this podcast is that! Join Austin & Tasha as they talk about the new AIO season, perform in a funny radio drama with Bob & Jesse, share letters from listeners, and look back on past recordings. Come on and join the fun!

Tell us what you think, especially about our radio drama!
I love the ToO!
Peachey Keen

Re: AIO Blogcast 20: Celebrating 20 Episodes of Podcasting!

Postby Aaron Wiley » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Wow.... that skit was... wow.....
Very "oldies-ish". All the corny jokes really did remind me of some of those classic TV shows.
Last edited by Aaron Wiley on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
I'm finally not a No0b
Aaron Wiley

AT WAR WITH THE TOO

Cash on hand: 87.34
Bank: 624.15

Re: AIO Blogcast 21: Review of the Green Ring Conspiracy

Postby Peachey Keen » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Episode 21 of the Blogcast is now out! We've had numerous delays, including an embaressing moment of finding out that I didn't save quite a bit of audio :oops: But it's out and that's what matters!

In this lengthy podcast (now our longest ever), Tasha & I review all 12 parts of the Green Ring Conspiracy, no easy task by the way. Plus I do a quick review of the Novacom box set. We've also added a blooper reel to this episode. I think it's one of our funniest!

http://aio-blog.blogspot.com/2011/06/ai ... -ring.html

So what did you think?

---------------------------

In Episode 22, the last episode of Season 3, Tasha & I interview OdysseyFan, the biggest AIO collector ever! We ask him about how he started collecting, making the first Odyssey website ever, working on the AIO HQ, and more! Plus we share what I think is our funniest blooper reel ever. I tried to put in as many bloopers as possible. Listen and then tell me what you think!

---------------------------------

Listen to the first episode of Season 4 of the AIO Blogcast! This time, we interview our own Leornard Meltsner (Devon) and his sister about his 72 Hour AIO Marathon and Odyssey in general. Then hear Austin and Natasha's thoughts about the upcoming season. Plus hear one of our longest blooper reels!

Tell us what you think!
I love the ToO!
Peachey Keen

Re: AIO Blogcast 23: Interview with Devon Francis

Postby Leonard Meltsner » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:11 pm

YAY!! I had so much fun interviewing with you guys!! (This post is simply to bump this topic, teeheehee)
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Council must persist
Leonard Meltsner

GO TEAM 1!!!

Re: AIO Blogcast 24: Review of Wooton Knows Best & A Penny Saved

Postby Peachey Keen » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:14 pm

We're back to reviewing again! Even with a lot of rambling, we manage to convey our thoughts about the first 2 episodes of Album 54. Also included is a teaser of our next musical podcast and a blooper reel! Please tell us what you think!
I love the ToO!
Peachey Keen

Re: AIO Blogcast 24: Review of Wooton Knows Best & A Penny Saved

Postby Leonard Meltsner » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Yeah, I really liked your reviews, very close to what I was thinking.

And what could Devon Francis possibly be doing? I'm so curious? He's such an amazing person, I just can't wait to be able to hear more of his golden voice!
The Council must persist
Leonard Meltsner

GO TEAM 1!!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Podcast Room