[ 8 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: The Boredom Buster Podcast
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 am 
I got this...

Cash: 126.12
Hey guys me and my sister just started a new AIO podcast check it out and tell me what u think

http://boredombusterpodcast-aio.blogspot.com/

THE BOREDOM BUSTER PODCAST

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: The Boredom Buster Podcast
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:04 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
AT WAR WITH THE TOO

Cash: 87.34
Bank: 624.15
Original. Funny I might add as well. You just need to get some decent equipment, and this could be pretty good. ( I have only listened to the intro so far btw, I'll give you my thoughts after I finish listening to the rest)

You guys are funny! You guys have a good (but weird) chemistry. Even though you get off topic quite a bit, The unprofessional-ism just adds to the humor.

a few things you could have done differently:

- Explained what you were going to be doing before you just jumped into it. It was kind of confusing when you just suddenly started reviewing 25 year old episodes.
- Scripted out the news segment. You obviously don't need to do this for the parts where you guys are just talking, but it sounds pretty tacky if you're just trying to remember news off the top of your head. If you want to do Odyssey news, I'd also suggest trying to announce news before everyone else does. Try to get connected with different people in the AIO via fb or any other means so you can try to see if they can give you some info that you can announce before everyone else. If you're just announcing what you hear on everyone else's podcast, people don't really have any reason to listen to your show for news, and they'll look to another podcast or blog that does have the scoop. If you can't do that, I'd suggest just cutting this segment out.
- I liked the silly sound effects you made with your voice, and if you're wanting to do that all the time, that's fine. If you do, however, want to start using real sound effects, there are plenty of sites that provide royalty free sound effects you can use. One of them being "Sound Jay" http://www.soundjay.com/
- Music and intro were funny and "original". I'd just suggest also either scripting out what you were going to say between the two intro clips, or at least editing it a bit so there aren't so my verbal fumblings.

"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:57 pm 
I got this...

Cool! thanks for the advise.I will probably make a few changes on our next podcast

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:28 pm 
Former Mayor x1

Cash: 473.12
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
What recording program did you use?

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:49 pm 
I love the Town Council!
Anger is one letter away from Danger, coincidence? I think not!

Cash: 25.34
Bank: 52.90
Blog: View Blog (1)
Not bad for your first podcast. Though I'd be careful how you make fun of certain characters, especially ones that are loved by all fans. You're taking on a hard challenge though. Reviewing all episodes starting with the oldest. Just one thing, keep in mind that you've heard newer ones, but be careful not to compare really old ones to the really new ones. You're rating seemed fair, but some of your comments seemed border line harsh for Whit's Flop. It's hard not to be bias towards the new ones.

Nice job overall. Looking forward to future ones.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:58 pm 
I love the ToO!

Cash: 650.24
I just listened to it yesterday and had a few suggestions on it:

I found Hallie's voice a little lower than yours. I have the same trouble with my sister but the podcast would sound better if both your voices were equal.

It'd be ncie to hear some music or sound effects to transition to different scenes. It doesn't sound professional when there's dead air and then your voices.

Something I've learned from recording with my sister is: Let your sister talk! Really, let her have her say in stuff. Things go smoother and it adds to more variety. Plus, girls like to talk. You might get hurt if you don't let them.
:D

But otherwise, very entertaining! I look forward to hearing more from you guys! \:D/

Oh, and love the name of your podcast. It rocks!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:44 pm 
I got this...

Thanks guys for all the advise
And Michael i might have to get back to you on that

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: BBp Episode 2
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 am 
I got this...

Hey Guys We just posted are second Episode Check it out http://boredombusterpodcast-aio.blogspot.com/

-- Wed May 23, 2012 8:00 am --

We have a new segment on The Boredom Buster Podcast.Check It out at my link above this comment or at the top of this topic.Its when you the listeners submit a topic about AIO and we disscus it on are next podcast.And we have a awesome
News comming up on are next podcast so stay tuned.

-- Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:04 pm --

Hey we our finally recording I know...iv'e said that a lot...but this time it's legit check it out. And our new member Tyler Ryan (tylerd).

That's us recording in our new sound studio!
Here is the link to our blog post: http://boredombusterpodcast.weebly.com/1/post/2013/10/update1-recording.html

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 8 posts ]