Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:12 am 
The Original EK
The Original EK

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
I told my parents not to get me anything this year because i'm getting older and don't want much but they did get me some awesome pajama pants, probably because I usually just sleep in my work pants or boxers. (and some Axe as well.) :P

I got my dad a dress shirt from express men, my mom a gift card to bath & body works, my sister some perfume, aubrey (my best friend and ex- girlfriend [go figure]) a new jacket, and Jamal (my brotha from another motha) a game for his Xbox.... so yeah that was pretty much all of my gift recieving and giving. It was very memorable christmas overall, chilled with the fam till about 1 PM, went over to aubreys and chilled with her and her fam till about 8 PM, then spent the night at Jamals. \:D/

Offline Profile Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:49 am 
Solicitor Non Grata
"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Cash: 602.58
Bank: 152.25
I gave everyone in my family and extended family various books which I either don't recall or are too boring to describe at length. The other items were mostly clothing and a similar reason exists for my not detailing them here.

I, in return, received some wonderful gifts including LOST Season 4, various and sundry winter items (scarves, mittens, etc), a Starbuck's gift card (to further encourage my already ridiculous caffeine problem) and a Lunds/Byerly's gift card (for the uninitiated, a local chain of grocery retailers). Finally, a plane ticket to visit some family was the highlight of the gifts. A vacation from the cold is always welcomed. ;)

The above represents both Christmas and Birthday gifts since the two occasions are basically intermingled (gift-wise anyhow).

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:44 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
I got my Mom a salt and peppper mill set and a new potholder
I got my Dad some new luggage (with a very heartfelt card)
I got my Sister and my Brother-in-law the radio theatre of "The Chronicles of Narnia" from Focus on the Family (I know she will be returning this one)
I got my Brother-in-law's mother "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. I don't know if she will be able to return this one since I bought it at the Focus on the Family bookstore and since I wrote a personalize message on the inside.

As for myself the items that I got that I'm really excited about are:
1. A 7-quart crock pot from my Dad
2. A springform pan from my maternal grandmother
3. Album 23: Changing Times from Mom (ok so I exchanged for it)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:02 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
Vote King Regis!

Cash: 108.92
Mountain_Girl wrote:
a key finder, you have to whistle.....thank you Jason ;)

Just like Eugene got? That's awesome!!!

Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:01 am 
Former Mayor

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
I didn't complete my Christmas shopping until Christmas Eve - I didn't even have an idea of what I wanted to get people until the very last minute. The only one for whom I'd planned a purchase was my sister: she received the Canon SD1100. To my brother I gave Settlers of Catan, a game I had long desired to own but had been too lazy to pick up. I gave my dad a movie theatre gift card and my mom an insanely difficult Sudoku book. She thanked me for "feeding her addiction." \:D/ As the oldest grandchild on my dad's side of the family, this Christmas was my first year participating in the gift exchange amongst my dad's cousins and their respective spouses. I bought for one of my aunts - for her I purchased a mountain equipment gift card.

In return, I received miscellaneous chocolate and candy (from my rather generous grandmother), two Apple gift cards (since I would need a case and some accessories for my newly acquired MacBook Pro), a Chapters gift card (which I quickly used to order the Darkness Before Dawn repack), and money.

amyinodyssey wrote:
I got my Sister and my Brother-in-law the radio theatre of "The Chronicles of Narnia" from Focus on the Family (I know she will be returning this one)

What? How dare she have the audacity of doing such a thing?! :x

Last edited by Trent DeWhite on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:23 am 
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cash: 43.77
Bank: 0.00
Trent DeWhite wrote:
To my brother I gave Settlers of Catan, a game I had long desired to own but had been too lazy to pick up.

Have you ever played it? It has a steep learning curve, but it's very fun! The best way to learn is to have an experienced player tell you how to play. My siblings and I had to figure it out on our own, and it took about 45 minutes!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:20 am 
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Cash: 137.50
Blog: View Blog (1)
Kody Blackbeard wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
To my brother I gave Settlers of Catan, a game I had long desired to own but had been too lazy to pick up.

Have you ever played it? It has a steep learning curve, but it's very fun! The best way to learn is to have an experienced player tell you how to play. My siblings and I had to figure it out on our own, and it took about 45 minutes!

Settlers of Catan is such a fun game! My little brother got it for Christmas, and I'm sure I'll probably kidnap it a few times. :p

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:26 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
One aquainted with the Night

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
I got mosty Books about the Civil War and World War II. Two CD's: Fee-We Shine and TobyMac: Re: mis Momentum.
And last but not least, the new Ipod Nano \:D/

1: I gave my Mummy some wool socks and a plastic food tin... [Thats what she wants! I asked her and she said, 'fluffy socks and food tins please']
2: I gave my brother a book to assist his writing [Me and him do a lot of fan fiction writings].
3: I gave my younger sister [11] two movies, a angel that I created, and uh...something else.... :-k
4: Youngest sister [9] received a Littliest Pet Shop I swear, she's obsessed. Her littlest pet shop is very big...talkin' 100+ pets and 50+ sets. :-
5: I got my Daddy...nothing. I was so darn lazy.....Hooey, to late now. I gave him a hug and said 'Merry Christmas'. Its the thought that counts...isn't it? ](*,)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:13 pm 
Former Mayor

Kody Blackbeard wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:

I'd played it several time before with my brother, but it wasn't our copy - it was a friend's. Plus, I've rarely won a game. My brother keeps beating me - tomorrow the earth will revolve around the sun! :mad: We played our first game yesterday with our dad and spent at least forty-five minutes explaining the rules and the strategy behind the game. Of course, our dad eventually jumped out to a lead and held it for most of the game - beginner's luck. :x Then I unwittingly made an uneven trade with my brother which promptly gave him his tenth and winning victory point. :(

Ben Linus wrote:
And last but not least, the new Ipod Nano

How many GB's and what color? :D

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:39 pm 
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Cash: 137.50
Blog: View Blog (1)
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Kody Blackbeard wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:

I'd played it several time before with my brother, but it wasn't our copy - it was a friend's. Plus, I've rarely won a game. My brother keeps beating me - tomorrow the earth will revolve around the sun! :mad: We played our first game yesterday with our dad and spent at least forty-five minutes explaining the rules and the strategy behind the game. Of course, our dad eventually jumped out to a lead and held it for most of the game - beginner's luck. :x Then I unwittingly made an uneven trade with my brother which promptly gave him his tenth and winning victory point. :(

Did you know that you can play Settlers online? I'd be eager to play someone if anyone is ever bored. :p

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:43 pm 
One aquainted with the Night

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
Trent DeWhite wrote:

Ben Linus wrote:
And last but not least, the new Ipod Nano

How many GB's and what color? :D

8GB-Its lime green-My brother got the same kind-8GB except its pitch black. \:D/ Yey Apple!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:23 pm 
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 39.64
Bank: 660.73
I got a set of Mary Engelbreit greeting cards, the At Home in Mitford FOTF radio theatre, and a Psalms OnePageBook for my mom. For my dad, I got Reuben on Wry: The Memoirs of Dave Madden, as well as a set of personalized M&Ms (engraved alternately with the phrases "To Dad," "Always Be Rad," and two goofy pictures of him. \:D/ They look quite cool, I may have to post pictures!). Finally, I got a very definitive "Complete Making of Indiana Jones" book for my sister, specially ordered from England just to get the hardback version! :x (and I've been looking for any mention of Katie Leigh as the voice of the Maharaja, but so far, to no avail :().

Let's see if I can remember everything I got without confusing Christmas and birthday gifts:

-Seasons 3 and 4 of LOST!
-The movie Amazing Grace
-A Jamba Juice gift card - my mom's way of trying to get me to "eat" healthier \:D/
-The latest film adaptation of Mansfield Park. Not my favorite Austen book, so I'm not too wild about this movie either.
-The Enchanted soundtrack. :D I haven't listened to it all the way through yet, but I don't think it has one of my favorite parts of the movie: where the prince gets plowed down by cyclists before he can even get through one line of "True Love's Kiss"! :mad:
-A student planner from my grandma, subtitled a "Time Management Guide." :anxious:
-A ______ University ornament.

EDIT: I'll also be giving out a plethora of cards, and two Star Wars lego keychains to a couple friends. :D

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:16 am 
Former Mayor

LizzieG wrote:
-The Enchanted soundtrack. :D

You didn't already own the soundtrack? :x

LizzieG wrote:
-A student planner from my grandma, subtitled a "Time Management Guide." :anxious:

That'll come in handy... tomorrow! \:D/

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2