Weekly Coupon Drawings

Winner 8 announced, Coupon 9 up (13th page)!

Weekly Coupon Drawings

Postby LizzieG » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Welcome to the exciting place where dreams come true! \:D/

Read 70 pages in a week, enter to a win a coupon! After you win once, however, you can't win again, unless all the other people in the drawing have already won too.

Here's the first coupon that's up for grabs:

Image

The drawing will be this coming Saturday (June 13); remember, post here by Friday to be entered into the drawing!
Last edited by LizzieG on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:46 am, edited 7 times in total.
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
LizzieG

Honourary Canadian!

 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am
Location: California
Age: 30
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 39.64
Bank: 660.73

Postby Lord_Kappa » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:03 pm

That's a great prize. \:D/

So... if I read 13 pages from "A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court", 15 pages from "Stonewall Jackson: A Biography", 22 pages from "A Portrait of Dorian Grey", 17 pages from, "The Phantom Tollbooth" and 3 pages from "From Anabaptist Seed" I've read 70 pages?

Do all of those genra's work? (Satirical novel by Mark Twain, Biography, Classic, Modern Short Story, and Religious Booklet?)

*EDITED because the total wasn't 70, it was 60.*
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar
Lord_Kappa
 
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: The United States of America
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby J-man » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Lord_Kappa wrote:That's a great prize. \:D/

So... if I read 13 pages from "A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court", 15 pages from "Stonewall Jackson: A Biography", 22 pages from "A Portrait of Dorian Grey", 17 pages from, "The Phantom Tollbooth" and 3 pages from "From Anabaptist Seed" I've read 70 pages?

Do all of those genra's work? (Satirical novel by Mark Twain, Biography, Classic, Modern Short Story, and Religious Booklet?)

*EDITED because the total wasn't 70, it was 60.*

From what I gather, as long as you read a total of 70 pages, it doesn't matter what books they were or how many. \:D/
Image
...I hate marquees.
I like Cookies
I like Cookies
User avatar
J-man

is.

 
Posts: 15347
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:31 am
Location: Probably in front of a computer.
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 360.03

Postby Chandler » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:19 pm

J-man wrote:From what I gather, as long as you read a total of 70 pages, it doesn't matter what books they were or how many. \:D/

*reads one page from each book* \:D/
Chandler

mosenergetika.ru

 

Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Postby Ben Linus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:31 pm

So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')
Image
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Ben Linus

One aquainted with the Night

 
Posts: 3106
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: "Forgiven and Loved"
Age: 23
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Fang-wa » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:32 pm

Ben Linus wrote:So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')


That's the way I gathered it.
Image
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
Fang-wa

#DontTouchLola

 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm
Location: The Yeerks are among us.
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby LizzieG » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:36 pm

J-man wrote:
Lord_Kappa wrote:That's a great prize. \:D/

So... if I read 13 pages from "A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court", 15 pages from "Stonewall Jackson: A Biography", 22 pages from "A Portrait of Dorian Grey", 17 pages from, "The Phantom Tollbooth" and 3 pages from "From Anabaptist Seed" I've read 70 pages?

Do all of those genra's work? (Satirical novel by Mark Twain, Biography, Classic, Modern Short Story, and Religious Booklet?)

*EDITED because the total wasn't 70, it was 60.*

From what I gather, as long as you read a total of 70 pages, it doesn't matter what books they were or how many. \:D/

J-man's got it! \:D/

Ben Linus wrote:So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')

Yes, it's an honor system. :)
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
LizzieG

Honourary Canadian!

 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am
Location: California
Age: 30
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 39.64
Bank: 660.73

Postby JesusIsAlive » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:10 pm

Lord_Kappa wrote:7 pages from, "The Phantom Tollbooth"


Oh, I like that book! \:D/
Image
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
User avatar
JesusIsAlive

grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

 
Posts: 14793
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:13 pm
Location: Grinning cheezily somewhere off yonder...
Age: 10

Cash on hand: 137.50
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby J-man » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:37 pm

Chandler wrote:
J-man wrote:From what I gather, as long as you read a total of 70 pages, it doesn't matter what books they were or how many. \:D/

*reads one page from each book* \:D/

lol, fun. :hilarious:
Image
...I hate marquees.
I like Cookies
I like Cookies
User avatar
J-man

is.

 
Posts: 15347
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:31 am
Location: Probably in front of a computer.
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 360.03

Postby Ben Linus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:05 am

Invisible Ninja wrote:
Ben Linus wrote:So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')


That's the way I gathered it.


Oh okay, I was just making sure I wasn't missing some rule about that ;) thanks.
Image
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Ben Linus

One aquainted with the Night

 
Posts: 3106
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm
Location: "Forgiven and Loved"
Age: 23
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Fang-wa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:43 am

Ben Linus wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Ben Linus wrote:So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')


That's the way I gathered it.


Oh okay, I was just making sure I wasn't missing some rule about that ;) thanks.


Better safe than sorry, I'm glad you brought it up. :D
Image
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
Fang-wa

#DontTouchLola

 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm
Location: The Yeerks are among us.
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Jugglah » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:07 pm

I've read 70 pages today, and I couldn't really tell if I'm supposed to say here, but I'm reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. A review should follow before long, but I'm not quite done yet.
Image
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
The Council must persist
User avatar
Jugglah

is going to the oo-nee-vers-ee-tay

 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 pm
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby King Butter Turtle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Jugglah wrote:I've read 70 pages today, and I couldn't really tell if I'm supposed to say here, but I'm reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. A review should follow before long, but I'm not quite done yet.


Oh, man! I was proud of my 10 'cause it's on track to 70 this week. :(
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
King Butter Turtle

Vote King Regis!

 
Posts: 4702
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Marus
Age: 25
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 108.92

Postby Jugglah » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:54 pm

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Jugglah wrote:I've read 70 pages today, and I couldn't really tell if I'm supposed to say here, but I'm reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. A review should follow before long, but I'm not quite done yet.


Oh, man! I was proud of my 10 'cause it's on track to 70 this week. :(


You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a would-be librarian when a reading contest is on the line! :D

Don't feel bad. I just read really fast. But it could be a tortoise and hare kind of thing (especially in your case as a turtle). Don't count on it, though. :p
Image
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
The Council must persist
User avatar
Jugglah

is going to the oo-nee-vers-ee-tay

 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 pm
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby StrongNChrist » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:10 pm

I read over a hundred :- I'm a fast reader and I love it. As for a book review...:( I'm horrible with those so mine might not be that great.....
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Image
A Silent Prayer Warrior
User avatar
StrongNChrist

Counterespionage for the Anti-Randoms

 
Posts: 9122
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:48 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Unknown
Age: 26
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 0.00
Bank: 0.00

Postby EK » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Does the Passages book double thing count for this? Like if I read 35 pages of a passages book could I enter the drawing?
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare
The Original EK
The Original EK
User avatar
EK

 
Posts: 18751
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:02 am
Location: Not Canada.
Age: 27
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby Over the Rainbow » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Thus far I've read 110. :-
Blissfully Oblivious
User avatar
Over the Rainbow
 
Posts: 3087
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:05 am
Location: ...somewhere over the rainbow...
Gender: Female

Cash on hand: 26.30

Postby Fang-wa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:54 pm

I'v read 70. :yes:

Nice KBT, that's some obvious maths I missed. *is embarrassed*
Image
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
Fang-wa

#DontTouchLola

 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm
Location: The Yeerks are among us.
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby SivartM » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:05 pm

I read more than two. \:D/
Hamster
Hamster
User avatar
SivartM

is.

 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Um... let's see... where was that? Uh... yes!
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 1.33
Bank: 179.28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby DanP740 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:49 pm

I read 20 pages in school today. :anxious:
Image
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver
User avatar
DanP740
 
Posts: 6753
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:59 pm
Location: In my chair
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Cash on hand: 64.46
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (4)

Next

Return to Summer Reading Contest

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest