Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 312 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Author Message
 Post Post subject: Weekly Coupon Drawings
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:57 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Welcome to the exciting place where dreams come true! \:D/

Read 70 pages in a week, enter to a win a coupon! After you win once, however, you can't win again, unless all the other people in the drawing have already won too.

Here's the first coupon that's up for grabs:

Image

The drawing will be this coming Saturday (June 13); remember, post here by Friday to be entered into the drawing!


Last edited by LizzieG on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:46 am, edited 7 times in total.

Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:03 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:11 pm

Posts: 2850
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
That's a great prize. \:D/

So... if I read 13 pages from "A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court", 15 pages from "Stonewall Jackson: A Biography", 22 pages from "A Portrait of Dorian Grey", 17 pages from, "The Phantom Tollbooth" and 3 pages from "From Anabaptist Seed" I've read 70 pages?

Do all of those genra's work? (Satirical novel by Mark Twain, Biography, Classic, Modern Short Story, and Religious Booklet?)

*EDITED because the total wasn't 70, it was 60.*

_________________
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:17 pm 
I like Cookies
I like Cookies
User avatar
is.

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:31 am

Posts: 15347
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 360.03
Lord_Kappa wrote:
That's a great prize. \:D/

So... if I read 13 pages from "A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court", 15 pages from "Stonewall Jackson: A Biography", 22 pages from "A Portrait of Dorian Grey", 17 pages from, "The Phantom Tollbooth" and 3 pages from "From Anabaptist Seed" I've read 70 pages?

Do all of those genra's work? (Satirical novel by Mark Twain, Biography, Classic, Modern Short Story, and Religious Booklet?)

*EDITED because the total wasn't 70, it was 60.*

From what I gather, as long as you read a total of 70 pages, it doesn't matter what books they were or how many. \:D/

_________________
Image
...I hate marquees.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:19 pm 
Международный экспертный центр 8(800)20002-79



Cash: Locked
Bank: Locked
J-man wrote:
From what I gather, as long as you read a total of 70 pages, it doesn't matter what books they were or how many. \:D/

*reads one page from each book* \:D/


Top
   
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:31 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
One aquainted with the Night

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Posts: 3106
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')

_________________
Image
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:32 pm 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
Ben Linus wrote:
So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')


That's the way I gathered it.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:36 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
J-man wrote:
Lord_Kappa wrote:
That's a great prize. \:D/

So... if I read 13 pages from "A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court", 15 pages from "Stonewall Jackson: A Biography", 22 pages from "A Portrait of Dorian Grey", 17 pages from, "The Phantom Tollbooth" and 3 pages from "From Anabaptist Seed" I've read 70 pages?

Do all of those genra's work? (Satirical novel by Mark Twain, Biography, Classic, Modern Short Story, and Religious Booklet?)

*EDITED because the total wasn't 70, it was 60.*

From what I gather, as long as you read a total of 70 pages, it doesn't matter what books they were or how many. \:D/

J-man's got it! \:D/

Ben Linus wrote:
So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')

Yes, it's an honor system. :)

_________________
Image

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:10 pm 
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
User avatar
grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:13 pm

Posts: 14793
Age: 9

Cash: 137.50
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
Lord_Kappa wrote:
7 pages from, "The Phantom Tollbooth"


Oh, I like that book! \:D/

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:37 pm 
I like Cookies
I like Cookies
User avatar
is.

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:31 am

Posts: 15347
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 360.03
Chandler wrote:
J-man wrote:
From what I gather, as long as you read a total of 70 pages, it doesn't matter what books they were or how many. \:D/

*reads one page from each book* \:D/

lol, fun. :hilarious:

_________________
Image
...I hate marquees.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:05 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
One aquainted with the Night

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:16 pm

Posts: 3106
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Ben Linus wrote:
So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')


That's the way I gathered it.


Oh okay, I was just making sure I wasn't missing some rule about that ;) thanks.

_________________
Image
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:43 am 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
Ben Linus wrote:
Invisible Ninja wrote:
Ben Linus wrote:
So you're trusting our honesty on this thing? That we really read 70 pages? (Not that any of us would lie, I'm just wonderin')


That's the way I gathered it.


Oh okay, I was just making sure I wasn't missing some rule about that ;) thanks.


Better safe than sorry, I'm glad you brought it up. :D

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:07 pm 
The Council must persist
User avatar
is going to the oo-nee-vers-ee-tay

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 pm

Posts: 1542
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
I've read 70 pages today, and I couldn't really tell if I'm supposed to say here, but I'm reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. A review should follow before long, but I'm not quite done yet.

_________________
Image
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:41 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
User avatar
Vote King Regis!

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:02 pm

Posts: 4702
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Cash: 108.92
Jugglah wrote:
I've read 70 pages today, and I couldn't really tell if I'm supposed to say here, but I'm reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. A review should follow before long, but I'm not quite done yet.


Oh, man! I was proud of my 10 'cause it's on track to 70 this week. :(

_________________
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:54 pm 
The Council must persist
User avatar
is going to the oo-nee-vers-ee-tay

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 pm

Posts: 1542
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
King Butter Turtle wrote:
Jugglah wrote:
I've read 70 pages today, and I couldn't really tell if I'm supposed to say here, but I'm reading Watership Down by Richard Adams. A review should follow before long, but I'm not quite done yet.


Oh, man! I was proud of my 10 'cause it's on track to 70 this week. :(


You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a would-be librarian when a reading contest is on the line! :D

Don't feel bad. I just read really fast. But it could be a tortoise and hare kind of thing (especially in your case as a turtle). Don't count on it, though. :p

_________________
Image
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:10 pm 
A Silent Prayer Warrior
User avatar
Counterespionage for the Anti-Randoms

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:48 pm

Posts: 9122
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 0.00
I read over a hundred :- I'm a fast reader and I love it. As for a book review...:( I'm horrible with those so mine might not be that great.....

_________________
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:13 pm 
The Original EK
The Original EK
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:02 am

Posts: 18751
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
Does the Passages book double thing count for this? Like if I read 35 pages of a passages book could I enter the drawing?

_________________
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:25 pm 
Blissfully Oblivious
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:05 am

Posts: 3087
Gender: Female

Cash: 26.30
Thus far I've read 110. :-


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:54 pm 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
I'v read 70. :yes:

Nice KBT, that's some obvious maths I missed. *is embarrassed*

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:05 pm 
Hamster
Hamster
User avatar
is.

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:31 pm

Posts: 3748
Age: 25
Gender: Male

Cash: 1.33
Bank: 179.28
Blog: View Blog (2)
I read more than two. \:D/

_________________
Image
My Twitter page


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:49 pm 
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:59 pm

Posts: 6750
Age: 23
Gender: Male

Cash: 57.68
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (4)
I read 20 pages in school today. :anxious:

_________________
Image
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 312 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.