Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:31 pm 
darcietastical
darcietastical
User avatar
Nothing to see here.

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:37 am

Posts: 7105
Age: 39
Gender: Female

Cash: 159.09
Taq wrote:
darcie wrote:
I don't think I really have time to read other than kids books at bedtime. However, my husband reads every night. Can I take credit for his pages if he takes credit for my housework? \:D/

Your husband should join here and sign up himself! \:D/
Facebook is as far online as I can get him. :( Which means more computer time for me. :-
Anyway, I was just kidding. I'll make an effort to think about participating. :D

_________________
Interested in an offsite group for LBGTQ ToOers and friends to talk? Message me.

"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:59 pm 
The Original EK
The Original EK
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:02 am

Posts: 18751
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
Image

_________________
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:23 pm 
Springer from Odyssey
User avatar
misses "Spam-Happy Spammonger!"

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Posts: 6263
Age: 93

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 0.00
Tyler wrote:
Image


Is that you...

:hilarious:

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:37 pm 
Hamster
Hamster
User avatar
is.

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:31 pm

Posts: 3748
Age: 25
Gender: Male

Cash: 1.33
Bank: 179.28
Blog: View Blog (2)
Tyler wrote:
Image
Okey dokey. :yes:

_________________
Image
My Twitter page


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:58 pm 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
Tyler wrote:
Image


So that's what a book looks like backwards.. \:D/

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:43 pm 
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind
User avatar
"I'm the clever one. You're the potato one."

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Posts: 1118

Cash: 515.65
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (28)
so at the end of this contests I'm just supposed to post how many pages I've read in total?

_________________
AMDG


I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic and http://randompiratecomic.tumblr.com/


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:29 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Celtic Ninja I love MEAVE wrote:
so at the end of this contests I'm just supposed to post how many pages I've read in total?

There will be more details on that as the end approaches, but you'll probably be PMing - not posting - your total page count. :)

_________________
Image

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:13 pm 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
LizzieG wrote:
Celtic Ninja I love MEAVE wrote:
so at the end of this contests I'm just supposed to post how many pages I've read in total?

There will be more details on that as the end approaches, but you'll probably be PMing - not posting - your total page count. :)


Wouldn't want people to feel to sad when I crush them. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:05 pm 
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
User avatar
Milo Yiannopoulos

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Posts: 13260
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash: 567.29
Blog: View Blog (4)
Invisible Ninja wrote:
LizzieG wrote:
Celtic Ninja I love MEAVE wrote:
so at the end of this contests I'm just supposed to post how many pages I've read in total?

There will be more details on that as the end approaches, but you'll probably be PMing - not posting - your total page count. :)


Wouldn't want people to feel to sad when I crush them. ;)


You wish. :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:13 pm 
A Beautiful Gem
User avatar
"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am

Posts: 6447
Age: 21
Gender: Female

Cash: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00
Am I allowed to make a book review about a book that I have already read before the contest?

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:30 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 11:54 pm

Posts: 433
Gender: Female

Cash: 0.00
AIO Ninja wrote:
So this contest is for getting people off of the ToO ;)


If this was the ultimate plan for this reading competition, It not only failed, but worked in reverse in my case.

"I once was lost, but now I am found!" (in relation to the ToO that is)

_________________
Image

Did I hear someone say "loungie"?

Catalyst! Epic-ness! Or, just having fun with links in my siggy.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:42 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Sapphire wrote:
Am I allowed to make a book review about a book that I have already read before the contest?

Yes. :)

_________________
Image

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:47 pm 
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
User avatar
was eaten by a dinosaur.

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Posts: 6624

Cash: 287.96
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)
What about books that are smaller? I have a copy of House by Ted Dekker that is about seven inches tall, and 365 pages or so. Would it be better to cut the ammount of pages in half to accommodate for the different size?

_________________
Image
Love you always, SnC
"Satan can't take your joy unless he disturbs your sense of right-standing with God." -Roy H Hicks
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:04 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Termite wrote:
What about books that are smaller? I have a copy of House by Ted Dekker that is about seven inches tall, and 365 pages or so. Would it be better to cut the ammount of pages in half to accommodate for the different size?

Actually, I think that's about the number of pages the regular version has too (the smaller type makes up for it). So, just go with the number of pages in whatever copy you have. :)

_________________
Image

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:38 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Posts: 2848

Cash: 45.68
Bank: 8.85
redcanadian87 wrote:
AIO Ninja wrote:
So this contest is for getting people off of the ToO ;)


If this was the ultimate plan for this reading competition, It not only failed, but worked in reverse in my case.

"I once was lost, but now I am found!" (in relation to the ToO that is)

:lol: It's definitely good to see you around here, redcanadian. :)


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:59 am 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:32 am

Posts: 699
Gender: Female

Cash: 1.00
I, like Darcie, have parenting responsibilities, and most of my reading is done before bedtime of kid's picture books. . . But I do listen to Audio Books in the car every day driving to and from work and taking my daughter places. Any chance those books would count? :-k

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:38 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Posts: 2848

Cash: 45.68
Bank: 8.85
Robyn Jacobs wrote:
But I do listen to Audio Books in the car every day driving to and from work and taking my daughter places. Any chance those books would count? :-k

For this contest, audiobooks will not count, unless you read the words while listening.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:54 pm 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
*whispers to Taq* LizzieG did a one wrd/smiley post. :doubt:

LizzieG wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
Am I allowed to make a book review about a book that I have already read before the contest?

Yes. :)

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:51 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Invisible Ninja wrote:
*whispers to Taq* LizzieG did a one wrd/smiley post. :doubt:

LizzieG wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
Am I allowed to make a book review about a book that I have already read before the contest?

Yes. :)

It was an important word. :noway:

;)

_________________
Image

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:23 am 
The Original EK
The Original EK
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:02 am

Posts: 18751
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
Taq wrote:
Robyn Jacobs wrote:
But I do listen to Audio Books in the car every day driving to and from work and taking my daughter places. Any chance those books would count? :-k

For this contest, audiobooks will not count, unless you read the words while listening.

LOL.

Also will you guys notify us on our review scores through PM or something?

_________________
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.