Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 am 
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
User avatar
was eaten by a dinosaur.

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Posts: 6624

Cash: 287.96
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)
When we send you the page count at the end, do you want us giving the book titles as well?

_________________
Image
Love you always, SnC
"Satan can't take your joy unless he disturbs your sense of right-standing with God." -Roy H Hicks
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:25 am 
Springer from Odyssey
User avatar
misses "Spam-Happy Spammonger!"

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Posts: 6263
Age: 93

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 0.00
So if we read an AIO script when listening to the episode, would that count? :anxious:

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:04 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Tyler wrote:
Also will you guys notify us on our review scores through PM or something?

We'll be posting weekly "progress reports." :)

Termite wrote:
When we send you the page count at the end, do you want us giving the book titles as well?

No, that isn't necessary (we trust you! ;)), though we hope you'll discuss some of the stand-out books you've read throughout the summer.

AIO Ninja wrote:
So if we read an AIO script when listening to the episode, would that count? :anxious:

Nope, we're sticking with books.

_________________
Image

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:14 pm 
Avian American
Avian American
User avatar
#DontTouchLola

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Posts: 4501
Gender: Male

Cash: 87.20
Bank: 100.00
Blog: View Blog (7)
LizzieG wrote:
AIO Ninja wrote:
So if we read an AIO script when listening to the episode, would that count? :anxious:

Nope, we're sticking with books.


Everyone together now! *groooaaaaann*

;)

But since scripts have no descriptions at all you get more pages with books anyway, if my logic is logical. :-k (Where do you get AIO scripts anyways?)

Quote tag fixed -Taq

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:38 pm 
The Original EK
The Original EK
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:02 am

Posts: 18751
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
Quote:
A: No, but that reminds me of something. If you read the Book of the Month, or any book in the AIO Passages series, you can count them for twice as many pages.

Can we count the original McCusker series, the Kidsboro series, and Mysteries in Odyssey as double as well? :anxious:

_________________
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:54 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
That question looks familiar... \:D/

LizzieG wrote:
Irwin Springer wrote:
What about other AIO related books, such as the novels and the Official Guide?

Obviously those books are encouraged, but no, no page count-doubling there. The reason we're providing a special incentive for the Passages books is because of their special connection with the episodes airing with fall.

:-

_________________
Image

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:06 pm 
The Original EK
The Original EK
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:02 am

Posts: 18751
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
LizzieG wrote:
That question looks familiar... \:D/

LizzieG wrote:
Irwin Springer wrote:
What about other AIO related books, such as the novels and the Official Guide?

Obviously those books are encouraged, but no, no page count-doubling there. The reason we're providing a special incentive for the Passages books is because of their special connection with the episodes airing with fall.

:-

I decided it needed to be asked twice in case you changed your mind. :noway:


;)

_________________
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:37 pm 
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author
User avatar
Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:13 pm

Posts: 7109
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Cash: 228.66
Blog: View Blog (13)
Were there any other ideas for winners other than just highest page reading and iTally points made?

What about the possibility of the amount of books read? You could read MANY books more than some people, and still not have reached the amount of highest pages read. Depending on the size of books... :)

And what about minutes, hours? People who are reading a lot of pages may read at different levels. Those who read fast will get many pages, but probably not many minutes/hours. Those who read slow won't get many pages, but will get in the minutes/hours.

Pages don't really show how much you've read... what about the hours it took? And what about the amounts of books read? (Like... how many read...)


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:46 pm 
Former Mayor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:21 pm

Posts: 11660
Gender: Male

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
Yeah, we need to have a prize for whoever reads the slowest! :noway:

Then I'd actually have a shot at winning something. :(


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:52 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Dr Danielle A Maxwell wrote:
Were there any other ideas for winners other than just highest page reading and iTally points made?

What about the possibility of the amount of books read? You could read MANY books more than some people, and still not have reached the amount of highest pages read. Depending on the size of books... :)

And what about minutes, hours? People who are reading a lot of pages may read at different levels. Those who read fast will get many pages, but probably not many minutes/hours. Those who read slow won't get many pages, but will get in the minutes/hours.

Pages don't really show how much you've read... what about the hours it took? And what about the amounts of books read? (Like... how many read...)

You're right, Danielle, there are a lot of different possibilities for determining winner(s) in a contest such as this. We chose to go by page count because it seemed to us the most straightforward option. :)

_________________
Image

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:15 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:32 am

Posts: 699
Gender: Female

Cash: 1.00
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Yeah, we need to have a prize for whoever reads the slowest! :noway:

Then I'd actually have a shot at winning something. :(

What a fantastic idea Trent! =D>
I might win a prize then too. None of this reading a couple books a day thing.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:46 am 
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
User avatar
grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:13 pm

Posts: 14793
Age: 9

Cash: 137.50
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (1)
Robyn Jacobs wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:
Yeah, we need to have a prize for whoever reads the slowest! :noway:

Then I'd actually have a shot at winning something. :(

What a fantastic idea Trent! =D>
I might win a prize then too. None of this reading a couple books a day thing.


I'm with you guys. I just don't have enough time to read that much. :p

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:11 am 
A Beautiful Gem
User avatar
"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am

Posts: 6447
Age: 21
Gender: Female

Cash: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00
Where do we nominate the book of the month?

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:51 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
User avatar
Honourary Canadian!

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:20 am

Posts: 3151
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
Sapphire wrote:
Where do we nominate the book of the month?

The June nomination and selection process is over, but near the beginning of July there will be a new thread where you can nominate books for the July Book of the Month. :)

_________________
Image

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:42 am 
A Beautiful Gem
User avatar
"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:34 am

Posts: 6447
Age: 21
Gender: Female

Cash: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00
LizzieG wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
Where do we nominate the book of the month?

The June nomination and selection process is over, but near the beginning of July there will be a new thread where you can nominate books for the July Book of the Month. :)


Thanks! \:D/

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:18 pm 
The Original EK
The Original EK
User avatar


Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:02 am

Posts: 18751
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
Question about the book reviews....can we write one for a book someone else has already reviewed?

_________________
sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare


Top
  Offline Profile Facebook  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:15 pm 
Springer from Odyssey
User avatar
misses "Spam-Happy Spammonger!"

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Posts: 6263
Age: 93

Cash: 0.00
Bank: 0.00
Invisible Ninja wrote:
(Where do you get AIO scripts anyways?)


They're are ways :-$

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:26 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Posts: 2848

Cash: 45.68
Bank: 8.85
Tyler wrote:
Question about the book reviews....can we write one for a book someone else has already reviewed?

Yes, you may review a book that has already been reviewed in the Book Reviews forum. Simply post your original review in the thread already created for that book, and post in the Book Review Notifications thread to let us know.


Top
  Offline Profile  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:55 pm 
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
User avatar
Milo Yiannopoulos

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Posts: 13260
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Cash: 567.29
Blog: View Blog (4)
I can't remember how Book of the Month nominations work. :anxious: Could someone please remind me?

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:06 pm 
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:59 pm

Posts: 6750
Age: 23
Gender: Male

Cash: 57.68
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (4)
Try reading the guide at the start of this topic. ;)

_________________
Image
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.


Top
  Offline Profile E-mail  
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
The site is in no way affiliated with Focus on the Family. "Adventures in Odyssey" is the registered trademark of Focus on the Family.