Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:31 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
I'm being really ambitious and trying to read all of the Anne of Green Gables books and all of the Narnia books before next Monday. :anxious:

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:11 am 
A Beautiful Gem
"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

Cash: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00
I am reading a book by Bevery Lewis called The Covenant.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:18 am 
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
LizzieG wrote:
I'm being really ambitious and trying to read all of the Anne of Green Gables books and all of the Narnia books before next Monday. :anxious:

Yeah. Definitely didn't work. I only read one Narnia book and 2.something Anne books. But it's the thought that counted! \:D/

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:32 pm 
One aquainted with the Night

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
I finished a biography of Thomas Jackson today, and will be starting a book about the Bataan Death March later. I'd tryin' to get through my war book collection. :D

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:03 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
nathanf... <3

Cash: 16.60
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (6)
I'm reading a book called Veiled Freedom... It hasn't gotten exciting though.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:56 pm 
Random sister
Random sister
figuring out life: one dream at a time

Cash: 1,369.33
Blog: View Blog (13)
I'm reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone-when everything was fun and simple. It's nice to go back to the beginning book and read where it all started.

Offline Profile Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:11 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,092.29
Bank: 1,958.31
I started "The Trouble with Tulip" by Mindy Starns Clark the other day. So far I'm not loving it, but it's okay, and a friend told me that she loved it, so I'll keep reading! \:D/ It's rare that I don't finish a book I start, even if it isn't that great, and hopefully I'll get more into the book soon!

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:19 pm 
Former Mayor

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
Catspaw, you have much greater mental fortitude than I'll ever have. \:D/ If I'm not enjoying a book, I'll just put it away and forget about it - certainly helped me get through university a lot quicker. :noway:

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:31 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

*takes a quick screenshot before the proof disappears* Thanks, Trent! \:D/ There have been a few books I've abandoned, but they are few and far between. Obviously school falls under it's own category...if I read every single word of every textbook over the last six years (or more, going back to high school), my life would have been a lot more bothersome. ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:55 am 
A Beautiful Gem

I am reading The Pilgrim Song by Gilbert Morris. I think by now you can figure out my favorite authors. ;)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:31 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw

Cash: 45.68
Bank: 8.85
LizzieG wrote:
LizzieG wrote:

Yeah. Definitely didn't work. I only read one Narnia book and 2.something Anne books. But it's the thought that counted! \:D/

Huzzah for quoting yourself! ;)

I finished Blue Like Jazz this week. It was okay - some good thoughts, some bizarre features including two illustrated stories to make points. Donald Miller writes nonreligious thoughts on Christian spirituality with such honesty. Even though he dwells on certain points like the faults of the Christian community, his book got me thinking.

Now I'm reading our very own book of the month, When Heaven Weeps by Ted Dekker. I'm also catching a chapter here and there of More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell; it's very similar to The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:30 pm 
One aquainted with the Night

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends by Bill Guargne (Spelled that wrong...) and Bob Heffron. It's good, but I've read better.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:30 am 
A Beautiful Gem

I was reading The Betrayal by Beverly Lewis, but I forgot to post that. :anxious: I am now reading Ther Virtuous Woman by Gilbert Morris. \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:41 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

This afternoon I started reading "Wiser Than Serpents" by Susan May Warren. It's super good! It's part of her Mission: Russia series. It's best if you've read "In Sheep's Clothing" and "Sands of Time" first, since the characters and their relationships definitely make appearances. I actually read the second one first, before I even realized that there was another book connected to it. You can read them separately, but I would recommend reading them in order, and reading them all. This one is extremely good so far, and definitely living up to the tagline on the cover labeling it a thriller! :mad:

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:22 am 
Half Pint
Half Pint
Happily married to Almanzo

Cash: 392.80
Bank: 80.45
I'm reading Exposed by Brandilyn Collins. I'm trying to only read it during the day, or else I get really jumpy. O:)

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:22 pm 
A Silent Prayer Warrior
Counterespionage for the Anti-Randoms

Cash: 0.00
I'm reading Robin Hobb's book Royal Assassin

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:03 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
figuring everything out - YAY

Cash: 67.18
Bank: 578.00
Sun wrote:
This afternoon I started reading "Wiser Than Serpents" by Susan May Warren. It's super good! It's part of her Mission: Russia series. It's best if you've read "In Sheep's Clothing" and "Sands of Time" first, since the characters and their relationships definitely make appearances. I actually read the second one first, before I even realized that there was another book connected to it. You can read them separately, but I would recommend reading them in order, and reading them all. This one is extremely good so far, and definitely living up to the tagline on the cover labeling it a thriller! :mad:

The third was by far my fav in the series! I read that right when Taken came out in theaters and it was a little weird how all of a sudden there was this push of information into my brain on human trafficking - def gave me a lotto think and pray about. :)

I just finished Jimmy by Robert Whitlow, and am now reading BoneMan's Daughter by Ted Dekker. Loved Jimmy and it made me almost cry!

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:13 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

JesusFreak777 wrote:
Sun wrote:

The third was by far my fav in the series! I read that right when Taken came out in theaters and it was a little weird how all of a sudden there was this push of information into my brain on human trafficking - def gave me a lotto think and pray about. :)

After finishing it, I think that it was my favourite as well. Some of it was just knowing all the characters better. By the third book you have 6 characters that you know really well and care about. It was very intriguing and eye-opening as well. The long-postponed romance was quite touching. :sniff: I really enjoyed that aspect of the story, as well as continuing to see the previously developed relationships advance.

I'm reading "Wings of an Angel," the first book in Sigmund Brouwer's Winds of Light series (6 books were basically compiled into the one complete story in the novel "Wings of Dawn," if anybody is looking for this awesome book/series!) \:D/ I haven't read this series in a while, and I'm really looking forward to all the fun that awaits me. \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:01 pm 
A Beautiful Gem

I am reading The Reckoning.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:14 pm 
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash: 287.96
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)
*bump*

I just had to psot to say that I'm reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I'm in the middle of the third part, and am liking it immensely. \:D/ Next it's The Divine Comedy. :yes:

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock

Offline Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next