Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:35 pm 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 0.00
I have officially finished the Fellowship of the Rings and begun the Two Towers. I'm really enjoying them. :D

Did I hear someone say "loungie"?

Catalyst! Epic-ness! Or, just having fun with links in my siggy.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:04 pm 
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused
the people are the heroes

Bank: 0.00
I'm almost done reading Return of the King. \:D/

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:15 pm 
Local Conspiracy theorist

Bank: 174.50
Robyn Jacobs wrote:

ghostofjohnny wrote:
The Street Lawyer by John Grisham

The King of Torts by John Grisham

A Painted House
by John Grisham

Yeah I know I evidently am a big fan of John Grisham :roll: The love started with my mother, she has a bunch of hard backs and she eventually passed that on to me.

I also am a huge John Grisham fan as well Johnny! I have all his books.

Which one is your favorite? I love The Runaway Jury, The Summons, The Testament, The Firm, and The Pelican Brief (Kind of a lot of favorites I guess). His last two books have left things way to open at the end. I felt like he didn't tie up loose ends in the storyline at all.

It would have to be between The King of Torts and A Painted House.

In my opinion both of them have to do with innocence and corruption. I mean I may be taking it to the extreme but still. I just love the main character of The King of Torts and how he adapts to all the things that are thrusted into his life without really becoming like the other lawyers that he has met and interacts with.

A Painted House is deep on so many levels. I mean how that young kid's mind is corrupted and all. He still seems to launch back and surprisingly he really doesn't seem to be affected in the long term.

I am still deciding we'll see when I write the reviews. \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:20 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
figuring everything out - YAY

Cash: 67.18
Bank: 578.00
Robyn Jacobs wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:
ooh I'm always looking for a good suspense! Thanks Robyn!

I finished Your Chariot Awaits and am moving on to The Sacrifice by Robert Whitlow.

No problem! I love passing on good books to others. If you like suspense, have you read Terri Blackstock? Her Cape Refuge Series, Newpointe 911, and Sun Coast Chronicles are fantastic.
BTW, I really enjoy Robert Whitlow too! The Sacrifice is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read! Loved The List. The verse in that book from Ephesians 6:12 came at such a crucial time for me. It was exactly what I needed in a situation I was dealing with. It also reminded me of the importance of remembering my true enemy, and how he fights to keep us close to Christ.

I love her stuff too! :D This is my first Robert Whitlow book. I have Jimmy, Mountain Top, and Deeper Water sitting on my floor right now. I didn't know where to start so i began with the earliest. Was it a good choice?

Hannah Alexander is great for suspense too! Esp if you want medical type thrillers. \:D/

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 pm 
Catspaw knows all

I am now in the process of reading Mission to the Headhunters by Frank and Mary Drown. Despite the title, this is not a gory book. It is an autobiography about the Drown's experience as missionaries in Equador.
Perhaps I will write a review about both this book and Hinds' Feet on High Places when I have time.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject: Re: I'm reading...
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:17 pm 
Solicitor Non Grata
"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Cash: 602.58
Bank: 152.25
LizzieG wrote:
...Anne of Green Gables. I've read it many times before, but it's such a delightful, imaginative book.

I love the Anne of Green Gables series! (Anne of Avonlea is my favorite!) I'm currently in the process of trying to find the movies at a reasonable price...

Anyway, I'm currently finishing The Silmarillion and The Bourne Betrayal.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:44 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 1.00
JesusFreak777 wrote:
This is my first Robert Whitlow book. I have Jimmy, Mountain Top, and Deeper Water sitting on my floor right now. I didn't know where to start so i began with the earliest. Was it a good choice?

I think it was a good choice. I haven't read all of his books, but I started with the earliest one too in my reading.

Quote:
Hannah Alexander is great for suspense too! Esp if you want medical type thrillers. \:D/

Ooooh. I will have to try her books out! I always like good referrals of authors. Then I try to read everything that author has written and find another one!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:58 am 
The Council is GREAT!

Robyn Jacobs wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:
This is my first Robert Whitlow book. I have Jimmy, Mountain Top, and Deeper Water sitting on my floor right now. I didn't know where to start so i began with the earliest. Was it a good choice?

I think it was a good choice. I haven't read all of his books, but I started with the earliest one too in my reading.

Quote:

Ooooh. I will have to try her books out! I always like good referrals of authors. Then I try to read everything that author has written and find another one!

I do the same thing! \:D/

She has a trilogy that is medical thriller type stuff and then another series - the Hideaway Novels I think that are kinda interconnected - like you should read them in order but oyu don't HAVE too. Like you will run into a lot fo the same characters in each book but each one focuses on a different character...if that makes sense...

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:20 am 
I'm finally not a No0b

Cash: 1.00
JesusFreak777 wrote:
Robyn Jacobs wrote:
JesusFreak777 wrote:

Quote:

I do the same thing! \:D/

She has a trilogy that is medical thriller type stuff and then another series - the Hideaway Novels I think that are kinda interconnected - like you should read them in order but oyu don't HAVE too. Like you will run into a lot fo the same characters in each book but each one focuses on a different character...if that makes sense...

I understand. Yaaah for a new author!
*goes to reserve Hannah Alexander books from the library online!*

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:56 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
One aquainted with the Night

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
At this very moment, I'm reading Call it Treason, (I forgot the Authors name; but it was made into a movie back in 1940-50, Decision Before Dawn--anybody saw it?) Yeserday I finished Beyond Band of Brothers by Major Dick Winters, and before that Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. :D Good stuff.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:55 pm 

Bank: 174.50
Dreams of my Fathers is a really good book by Barack Obama. I recommend it.

The only thing about it is some language in a couple chapters. They're direct quotes from his childhood. Obama doesn't curse now but you might want to watch out for some inappropriate language. Other then that it's really good.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:06 pm 
Former Mayor

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
I'm currently reading Relentless by Robert Parrish. It seems to fall in the action/science fiction genre - the book's protagonist wakes up one person and then finds himself literally embodying the makeup of another human. I'm only ten chapters into the novel, but so far it's kept me on the edge of my seat!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:02 pm 
Night is Falling
Night is Falling
iTroll

Cash: 142.88
Blog: View Blog (2)
Dark to Mortal Eyes by Eric Wilson \:D/. A book review will be coming up shortly.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:06 pm 
Half Pint
Half Pint
Happily married to Almanzo

Cash: 392.80
Bank: 80.45
I'm reading Letters and Sketches From the New Hebrides, a book of Maggie Paton's compiled writings. Quite interesting so far. \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:55 pm 
The Council must persist
is going to the oo-nee-vers-ee-tay

"A Suitable Boy" by Vikram Seth. I'm enjoying it, but it's a marathon read. 1488 pages. Yeah, I hope I can get through it. But hey, the book review will be epic!

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:58 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
One aquainted with the Night

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
I just started The Warrior by Francine Rivers--last one in the Sons of Eternity series that I have not read.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
SCREAMING BLASPHEMY.

Cash: 121.94
Blog: View Blog (4)
Kairi wrote:
I'm reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.

I've stopped reading this for the time being. I have several books I'm reading all at the same time, a rather annoying habit of mine. O:)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:41 am 
A Beautiful Gem
"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

Cash: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00
I have finished the book Don't Take Any Wooden Nickels! \:D/ I will post a book review about it soon. I am now reading The Amazon Quest by Gilbert Morris.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:08 am 
The Council is GREAT!

I'm reading Mountain top by Robert Whitlow and i love the book! :D

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:16 pm 
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)
grins bigly. Grins are contagious, you know! =D

Cash: 137.50
Blog: View Blog (1)
I finished the book about games that I was reading and have added in two books: one about jokes and humor, and Men of Iron. \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next