Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:53 pm 
Climbing the Ladder

Cash: 28.86
Bank: 5,423.05
Any place that has a comfy chair!! I can even read in a moving car, in fact I can read in a car that's not moving too!! \:D/ :D

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:20 pm 
Random sister
Random sister
figuring out life: one dream at a time

Cash: 1,369.33
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (13)
I usually read in a chair or sometimes a car-though I often get carsick of I read in a moving car. Anyone else get carsick while reading?? or am I the only one?

Offline Profile Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:38 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
One aquainted with the Night

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
I used to get really car sick when I read; I mean, ready to puke up any food I had eaten in the past week. So I stopped trying. But I tried reading again in the car a few weeks ago, and I was fine. (I rejoice in this fact, because every year my family takes a 10 [ sometimes +] hour drive to visit my Dad's family, and now I have something to do but look out the window or listen to music \:D/ )

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:50 pm 
Blissfully Oblivious

Cash: 26.30
I can read just about anywhere. :yes:

My favorite spots, are on our front porch swing and on my bed. During the daytime, I generally read on the porch swing, while rocking back and forth, and sometimes I get tan if the sun is in the right position. \:D/
I also read there at night, until it gets really late. Than I usaully go inside and read on my bed, stomach down, and my elbows relaxing on my pillow.

The problem with me is, I also read before I go to bed and can never put it down, even if I'm dead tired, because I'm to anxious to find out what happens next or because it's so interesting. Last night for exaple, I went to bed at 12ish, and intended only to read a chapter. But couldn't put it down until about 2:30 and read the entire book. :anxious:

And once, I took "To Kill A Mockingbird" with me to a play rehersal, I got so into it I was oblivious even to the loud music playing and dancers running around on stage. Needles to say, I missed my scene, and the director wasn't very happy with me. ](*,)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:56 pm 
I love the \:D/ smiley
Honourary Canadian!

Cash: 33.86
Bank: 660.73
I can only read in cars if the road is mostly smooth and straight, and on planes if the flight is likewise a smooth one.

Ben Linus wrote:
Taq wrote:
Knight Doyle wrote:
while riding on a roller coaster (I'm kidding about that last one!)

Somebody has to try that this summer! \:D/

Now THAT'D be epic. Reading on a rollar coaster--that'd one of those "This cannot be explained" moments.

It would have to be a book you could somehow fold up and fit in your pocket, or else you wouldn't be able to smuggle it aboard. But it would definitely be awesome to be reading while the roller coaster camera was snapping your picture! \:D/

The Taylor University AIO Club's YouTube channel.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,092.29
Bank: 1,958.31
Over The Rainbow wrote:
The problem with me is, I also read before I go to bed and can never put it down, even if I'm dead tired, because I'm to anxious to find out what happens next or because it's so interesting. Last night for exaple, I went to bed at 12ish, and intended only to read a chapter. But couldn't put it down until about 2:30 and read the entire book. :anxious:

:highfive: I couldn't count how many times I've promised myself that I'll just finish my chapter, or just read one more chapter, or maybe just one more after that, and the next thing I know, it's ridiculously late and I've just finished my book. Last night I did that and stayed up an extra two hours that I really should have been sleeping. I always tell myself that next time I won't do it, but I always do anyway! \:D/

I can't read in a car without feeling ill, but I can read on a bus. I used to read on the bus on the way to school, either a novel or some last-minute study notes if I had a test or exam coming up.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2