Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post Post subject: Have you ever written a book?
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:38 am 
Catspaw knows all

Cash: 0.00
How many people here like to write? Have you ever written a story or a book on your own?
I've written several books, none of which have been published yet.
I wrote my first book in kindergarten (with the help of my mother). It was sort of like the book The Mitten (or whetever it's called), except that it was about all my classmates jumping in my backpack on a cold winter morning. I drew the pictures and wrote the story, although my mom had to rewrite it in readable print. My teacher even had me read it aloud in class.

Since then, I've written 3 childrens' books: The Lives of Liberty and Justice, 100 Places Your Hamster Can Hide, and The Fearful Princess; 2 chapter books: Run Rose, Run and The Mailman and the Mover; and 1 research book:All About Trees.
Currently, I am working on a book that doesn't have a title yet.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:05 pm 
I post like Shadowpaw
nathanf... <3

Cash: 16.60
Bank: 0.00
Blog: View Blog (6)
I had to write a childrens book this year in social studies class. I wrote it and my friend illustrated it for me because she's a fantastic artist. It was about the apartheid in Africa, and it was supposed to be simplified for little children.

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:09 pm 
The Original EK
The Original EK

Cash: 28,902.77
Bank: 192.84
Blog: View Blog (5)
Follower, if you're having trouble getting published might I recommend self, on demand publishing. http://www.lulu.com/

Offline Profile Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:50 pm 
Catspaw knows all

Tyler, Thanks for the recommendation. I actually only tried getting one of my stories published, so now I may try this. I usually just read my books to some of the kids I watch from time to time.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 pm 
I'll catch up to Bren!
SCREAMING BLASPHEMY.

Cash: 121.94
Blog: View Blog (4)
I have plenty of ideas for books, but I haven't put them down on paper yet. :- O:)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 pm 
laugh with the wind
laugh with the wind
"I'm the clever one. You're the potato one."

Cash: 515.65
Blog: View Blog (28)
I've started at least seven books, nine pages is my record. I need more plot.

I started a comic. \:D/ "And there's no one to stand around looking impressed"....seriously "what is the point of having you all." :x ;-)
NOW AT: https://www.facebook.com/randompiratecomic and http://randompiratecomic.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Pirate Oriana on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 pm 
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin

Cash: 5,099.97
Bank: 1,958.31
I've written a few things for school. In grade ten I had to write a children's book, and I wrote a story about a caterpillar who's sad about his life but eventually becomes a beautiful butterfly. \:D/ (I bet nobody saw that ending coming!) ;) I've written a few other short stories for school too, though nothing spectacular. I love to read, and basic ideas for stories or how to change stories come to me and I mentally play around with them, but I don't have a big interest in writing a book

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 pm 
A Silent Prayer Warrior
Counterespionage for the Anti-Randoms

Writing is my hobby. It's what I do most of the time - when I'm not reading. Most of the books I'm writing I have yet to finish :( but I did succeed in finishing one \:D/ I started it when I was 10 and it took me like 3 years to finish. Of course now I'm rewriting it.... :- (Like I said, I was 10 when I wrote it so I didn't exactly write it realistically. lol. The boy went off on his own to travel with this other person and he was only 10.) There's a few others I've come close to finishing and I will succeed in finishing them someday and publishing them. I'm actually planning on getting several of my books published. My mom just suggested that I wait until I take a few English classes in college first. So that's what I'm going to do :yes: and then I'll start getting my books published \:D/

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:44 pm 
Former Mayor

Cash: 55.12
Bank: 962.00
I did, indeed, write a "book" - if you can call it that. It was more of a short story, loosely modeled after the Cul-de-Sac Kids novels by Beverly Lewis. I even submitted it for our home school's academic fair so other students could read and critique it. It wasn't really any good, but it was definitely something that kept me interested for a while.

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:26 am 
A Beautiful Gem
"I'm a work in progress, and progress hurts." - Anna Akana

Cash: 32.78
Bank: 1,335.00
I plan to be an author someday. I hope to write a Christian fiction book. Feel free to PM me for the story line or pester me to post it right here! Please I do not mind being bothered. :D

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:48 pm 
Random sister
Random sister
figuring out life: one dream at a time

Cash: 1,369.33
Blog: View Blog (13)
I've started many stories, but haven't finished most of them. I really want to write books someday, but often my head finishes the story and moves on to the next one before the first one is all written down.

Offline Profile Facebook  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:36 am 
I love the \:D/ smiley
One aquainted with the Night

Cash: 1.42
Blog: View Blog (9)
This reminds me I should get back to writing :(

I haven't written in it in a while, but at this point I'm writing a multiple chapter (Novella, maybe? Not long enough to be a full page book--at this point it's 86 page on OpenOffice. I'm about 3/4 of the way done. Maybe more like a chapter book) historical thing. It's geared towards young teenagers--like myself--or anyone else who likes history.

Aside from that, most everything else I write are Fanfiction, which I post on Fanfiction.net :D

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:37 pm 
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author
Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse

Cash: 228.66
Blog: View Blog (13)
Writing is my passion... along with becoming a pediatric oncologist... but still, I love to write. I will always start to write a story, and sometimes won't finish. I have more unfinished stories on microsoft-word files on my computer than finished stories, believe it or not.

I am actually in the process of writing two books. They are both connected. One tells about the story of love, sickness, and how to handle the end. The other one is the life of a daughter who has to handle having no father for part of her life, then a stepfather she doesn't want, and understanding why she has so much sickness and death in her life.

I may never actually finish them, but I hope too. I want to publish them, whenever I finish and change names... if you know much about me, you probably all ready know why I would have to change the names...

I have also written one 36-page children's book. Had to create it Sophomore year in HS for English class. Then read it to the 3rd/4th grade class at the same school. It hasn't been published, and because it is so short, it probably never will be, but it's my own story with my own drawings (and I do suck at drawing...) and its just something I'm actually proud of. God led me to write an amazing work of art.

I don't have the greatest talent in writing. I may not be able to stand up to JK Rowling or... any big author (except Stephanie Meyer... lets not go there though), but I do have my own style of writing, and it is so amazing to write. I don't always get to share my writing either, but when I do, I just know that maybe something is getting across to whoever is or has read it.

:)

Offline Profile  

Post Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 pm 
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance
was eaten by a dinosaur.

Cash: 287.96
Bank: 1,599.64
Blog: View Blog (4)
I wrote a ten-paged-twentysomething-sentence book in Spanish! \:D/ Complete with illustrations that took me about a half hour each picture to draw! \:D/

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
"Stop boring me and think. It's the new sexy." -Sherlock

Offline Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Have you ever written a book?
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:05 pm 
The Council is GREAT!
rawr

Cash: 22.32
Bank: 13.00
NaNoWriMo.

November is nearing. *dramatic musical build up*

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 15 posts ]